1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Sober October Challenge!

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by cnjlakes, Sep 24, 2007.

1. debaser

debaser Well-Known Member

i remember back when i used to work in a restaurant, when we would run low on pellegrino i would fill the empty bottles with seltzer from the soda gun and smash the caps back on. never had one customer complain!

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Just goes to show you the power of marketing and how easily people can be deluded.

Now that we've entered the past twenty four hours of the month I want to extend a large thank you to Jay for thinking of the challenge and for everyone here who has lent their support. THANKS!

3. Croz

Croz Active Member

Outstanding work to everyone who has made it this far!

Today's the last day of the challenge, so the big question is: What are you going to do tomorrow???"

Do I need to start a "I can Remember November" challenge to keep everyone going, or will you continue now that you've seen the benefits?

Keep it up guys!

4. specialk

specialk Well-Known Member

I made a pact with myself to continue until my South Beach trip Nov. 7th. Aside from birth to my first drink at age 16, this has been the longest string of consecutive days I've gone without a drop.

5. debaser

debaser Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat. I go on vacation 11/26 and might just keep the streak alive until then. The last time I went 31 consecutive days without drinking I was probably still in high school. Who knows, maybe I'll get there and not even feel like drinking.

Feels great, doesn't it?

congrats to all who made it

6. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I just wanted to stop in and say well done to everyone who made it. It's an impressive achievement :)

7. cnjlakes

cnjlakes Active Member

We all rock! :jumping: This was fun. Most of the time ;)

I think I am going to keep rolling with it, at least until we go to Atlanta at the end of the month. I know that I will at least keep it going through today, since I left my wallet at home!

Congrats to all. Thanks for props, Paul!

8. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Well let's get a roll call going on who the winners were :nod:

I'll start off....I WIN! NO BOOZE! :tucool:

:)

9. cnjlakes

cnjlakes Active Member

Embarassingly, I allowed myself to be weak once, on 10/14.:( I fessed up, however and vowed to see the challenge through, which I did. Last night was very, very tempting as Halloween is pretty a much a block party in my neighborhood. I stood my ground and woke up this morning with clarity.

Mastover, I'll place second to you any day!

No plans on drinks tonight, so I'm starting November off right!

10. Cramp11

Cramp11 Active Member

I like this challenge, but I know I couldn't do it. Actually I could, but when I play hockey on Sun nights, I like to sit in the dressing room after the game and have a beer with everyone. Most drink many beer. I just have one. That's pretty much all I've been doing for drinking.

Congrats to all. I think of this thread when I'm tempted to get a case of beer. Besides my Sun night beer, I'm on the wagon.

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Mastover, yes you do :tucool: and I had no doubt that you would as your long term record of achievements is extremely enviable. I had less confidence in myself, but aside from my one disclaimer day, my wife's b'day, that I stated when I decided to opt in to the challenge I complied so I view myself as a winner. I joined for a purpose and I achieved it. And I'm also glad that's it's November. :)

As I wrote earlier, thank you all for your support and an extra thanks to Jay for initiating. Best wishes to all, no matter what your decision about drinking is going forward.

12. cnjlakes

cnjlakes Active Member

Thank you guys for keeping me going! Mad props to SpecialK as well! He has been a wealth of motivation and knowledge. I think I will handle the next to months in strict moderation, but will probably post a "No Beer New Year" January challenge!

13. specialk

specialk Well-Known Member

"No Beer New Year" January challenge! where do I sign up. :D

14. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Congrats to all of you who stuck to your plan to abstain all of November!

Way to go! :tu:

15. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Put me down too. It's been about 3 months of clean living for me. I don't even think I've had a soda. The worst I've had is a few cups of Starbucks here and there.

I sure would love to get bombed though. :bang:

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Strict moderation is my plan also. The October challenge was a good vehicle for me to undo some bad habits that I picked up during the latter part of the summer and I have no intention of slipping backwards into that poor cycle again.

A challenge for January, me thinks I will join that one.

17. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Congrats! :tucool:

Whenever I wanna get bombed I go to the gym and incorporate a technique called "set bombs". :bb:

I lose all thoughts of drinking. All I want to do afterwards is eat eat eat and take a nap. :nod:

:eat: :sleep:

18. The_Brute

The_Brute Well-Known Member

I can honestly say I made it through the entire month of October. I celebrated on Nov. 3 by allowing myself a few. I kept it to 4 beers in a 4 hour period so even that is pretty good from what I use to do. Thanks for all the inspiration everyone.