1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Sober July Challenge (2008)

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by Ecrivain, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

If you've followed the other Sober challenges, then you know the drill. The rules are simple. Don't consume alcohol. Stay sober. :D

I have a feeling participation may be low this month, since we're into Summer and holidays/vacations. It's a time when a lot of people choose to kick back with a frosty adult beverage. And there ain't nothin' wrong with that. But I'm determined to stay on the wagon until I achieve certain goals. Anyone that wants to join in is more than welcome.

Here's to a sober month! :tu:

2. jennifer123

jennifer123 Well-Known Member

I stink at this Challenge

:nod:Hello there Ecrivain, I am not doing very well with your challenge and last month was a mess. So this month I am going to give a valiant effort. Now don't laugh but.....

July 1- :bang:
    July 2- :nod:
    July 3- :nod:
    July 4- :nono::spank:
    July 5- :nod:
    July 6- :nod:
    July 7- :nod:
    July 8- :nod:
    July 9- :nod:
    July 10-:nod:
    July 11-:nod:
    July 12-:nod:
    July 13-:nod:
    July 14-:nod:
    July 15-:nod:
    July 16-:nod:
    July 17-:nod:
    July 18-:nod:
    July 19-:nod:
    July 20-:nod:
    July 21-:nod:
    July 22-:nod:
    July 23-
    July 24-
    July 25-
    July 26-
    July 27-
    July 28-
    July 29-
    July 30-
    July 31-

#2 jennifer123, Jul 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  3. Ecrivain

Welcome, jennifer, glad to have you aboard. Sorry you're off to such a rough start, though. That's okay, you got your stumble out of the way. The rest of the month is certain to be better. I know you can do it. :nod:

4. Ecrivain

Yesterday I roasted an 85 pound pig at my sister's house. I've done two pig roasts before this. But this was my first one sober. When it came time to get the pig off the rack, I was actually stumped for a moment. By that point in previous years, I'd always been absolutely sloshed and someone else took care of unracking the hog. :lol:

It was nice to be aware of the whole process and to be able to fully enjoy the end result. ;)

5. jennifer123

Just gonna update my original post but leave some funny tid bits here and there. Lets see if I can go 7 days in a row without alcohol and hopefully that will lead to more. I never thought I had a problem until I started this challenge lol.

Dam u ECRIVAIN :lol::neener:

Joking

6. Ecrivain

:D It's tough! But you've got the right idea - start with 7 days in a row and then build on top of that. Once you've got a string of days behind you, you won't want to blow your streak. :nod:

It might also help to really think about the reasons that you want to stay sober for this time period. Write them down (somewhere - not necessarily here if you don't want to). You need to understand your motivation, because that's what will keep you on course when you're tempted to stray.

You can do this! :tu:

7. jennifer123

4 days in a row...... WOOHOO!! lol

Tomorrow is my last day of vacation and back to the French Restaurant and new coworker who loves to hit the bottle:nono:. When I get back and start work and say no a few times that should give me strength and further solidify my goal which is to get fit and feel fabulous :flex: .

8. jennifer123

I think I am on a roll. I hope you have been doing well Ecrivain. I cannot believe I am the only other one in this challenge. Probably because it is summer and cold beer is out there running rampid :lol: . Anyways, now I want to see how long I can go without alcohol. I have had the mentality lately that if it is not getting me to where I want to be then it has no place in my life right now. :bb:

9. Ecrivain

Look at you, you're doing great! :claplow: Keep it up!!! I think you're right, this isn't a good time of year for sobriety. But that just makes this challenge even more important for us, and it will make our success all the sweeter. :cool:

I'm doing well, myself. I've given some lingering looks to a few beverages, but haven't given in to temptation. It's hard sometimes. But, like you, I try to keep my goals in mind. And alcohol will not get me closer to achieving those goals. :nope:

10. jennifer123

11 days strong over here Ecrivain. You seem to do this challenge so easily. Not sure how but that keeps me motivated:nod:. Hope you are having a great week. :D

11. Ecrivain

I guess I've had some practice. Today marks my 200th day of sobriety. At this point, I'm pretty stubborn about it. I don't want to have to start counting over from zero. ;)

Enjoy your weekend!

12. Ecrivain

Where ya at, Jennifer? We're in the last week! It's the home stretch. I hope you're still doing well.