1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Sober February Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by BJ, Jan 24, 2010.

1. BJ

BJ Active Member

We did it in January... why not continue! Let's stay sober for the month of February.

Who's with me?

2. Arlen

Arlen Well-Known Member

I had a few bumps in the road in January so that makes me all the more motivated to try again in February. I can at least say that my alcohol consumption was WAY down in Jan. I'm seeing results when I eat and workout so I want to help that out by cutting the alcohol.

So I'm in. :tucool:

3. Llirik

Llirik Well-Known Member

I would definitely benefit from this, so I'm willing to give it a go. Not sure if I can cut out booze entirely, but might as well aim high.

4. BJ

BJ Active Member

It's almost February... can't believe we don't have more takers :suspicious:

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    After my one screw up January I won't be joining you guys in the month to come. Come Monday I'll post some type of recap in that thread.

The biggest reason that I'm not joining this worthy challenge is that I'm going on vacation in the middle of the month and....it's vacation. Consumption will be moderate and I'll be exercising every day, but I want to be able to have a cold beer or glass of wine or whatever without running afoul of a promise here.

Best of luck to all who choose to join and while I'll be checking in I don't know how much I'll be posting.

6. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

good luck february sober challengers! may the force be with you!

7. Arlen

Arlen Well-Known Member

This month will be a cake-walk. I slipped up twice in January. But I can honestly say I haven’t had a craving for a beer now in over a week. I was drinking a 12 pack per weekend and sometimes more during the week. I’ve started the 100 challenge too and staying sober is part of that challenge.

Good Luck to all.

8. Llirik

Llirik Well-Known Member

Alright, I finished all the Vodka in the house over this weekend.
    I'm ready... I think!

9. BJ

BJ Active Member

I must say that after going through January... this is going to be a cinch... haven't even really thought about or desired having a drink recently :tucool:

10. opie

opie Active Member

How are we defining "sober". No drinks at all or a beer with dinner on friday night is ok and just don't get drunk?

I'm not a big drinker but have been known to put a dent in a bourbon bottle. I'll give it a go as long as we're not talking about 100% dry :D

11. BJ

BJ Active Member

Define it for yourself... but to me it's 100% dry

12. Arlen

Arlen Well-Known Member

I agree with BJ: I myself am going dry because 1 drink leads to another leads to another, before I know it, it's bartime. Not good.

13. opie

opie Active Member

I always have a beer on Friday nights out with the wife. I guess it's my cheat even though I normally have calories left. I have stopped over drinking though, hangovers are a thing of the past and it's nice

14. Llirik

Llirik Well-Known Member

I have a one day / week cheat that I will allow myself throughout this challenge as well. We walk to pick up the kid Wednesdays, so we treat ourselves to a bar visit on the way home.

15. BJ

BJ Active Member

I have stumbled this month :(

Starting today I refocus & start over!

16. Llirik

Llirik Well-Known Member

you stumbled and had a drink,
    or you were so drunk that you stumbled :)

17. BJ

BJ Active Member

LOL... no... just had a beer and some pizza last night. Something about all this damn snow makes me want to cheat

18. ubeauty200

ubeauty200 Well-Known Member

Hey just noticed this thread...hows everybody doing with it? I have been doing the same myself and have not had one drop of alcohol since 31st December..Just aiming to keep powering through untill this current cuts up!