1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

SJC Sober June Challenge (June 2008)

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by Butterflyer, Jun 2, 2008.

1. no_iron

no_iron Well-Known Member

I loved to drink at the weekends and vowed not to until I reached my goals.. that was back in Feb. Good to see I'm not the only one who finds it hard... everytime I walk past the booze aisle..... but I manage to resist!

I woke up on the 1st of June and thought.. I'm going to eat 100% clean for 4 weeks! It's ONLY 4 damn weeks! If I can resist booze for 4 months I'm sure I can resist crappy food for 4 weeks! Obviously not as I slipped at the weekend 'cause it was so hot... had a bit of ice cream :}

It's great to see a challenge like this as it'll help me stay on track for the rest of this month so I'm up for it if I can join in?

2. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

Of course you can!! Welcome!:D

3. no_iron

no_iron Well-Known Member

Cool stuff cheers! It's going to be hard.. damn. Is it too late to change my mind? :D jk!

4. jennifer123

jennifer123 Well-Known Member

I have been editing my original post. I hope that is ok. How r u butterflyer? Are you still on the wagon ??? lol

Hope all is well with everyone.:tu:

5. Butterflyer

Ah-ha! Now we'll know where to look for you!:D

I'm still on the wagon, so not getting dirt on my face from walking behind it after falling off.:confused: Or however that works....:lol:

6. jennifer123

???

Where is everyone?? Anyone still on the bandwagon? I am here.

7. Butterflyer

:wave: Hi Jennifer!
    I see you've been passing up many opportunities to drink. Sounds like you're around more active temptation than I am!:lol:

I wanted to drink some wine last night after my rehearsal, but I just drove on past Wine Country and went home.:)

8. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

:wave: I'm still here, still sober. Luckily, I haven't been too tempted lately. Staying busy with other things really helps.

9. jennifer123

May I ask what you were rehearsing for butterflyer? Yes, I have an immense amount of temptation at work. I work at a French Restaurant where you can drink in front of the customer. The only thing you cannot drink in front of them is water (lololol). How messed up is that. There is often left over wine (almost every night) and we can have anything we want to drink after work and often homeade margaritas are made. Also, when I say I am not drinking, they ask me like 5 more times while shoving a drink in my face. Oh well.

Ecrivain congrats on the soberness. I see you are going hard in the 99 challenge too. That is awesome. Keep up the good work.

10. Butterflyer

I was rehearsing with my brass quintet for a gig we had the next day. We usually rehearse on Thursdays anyway, and for a while there I was having some wine at home after every rehearsal.

You are doing really well!:tu: Working at a French restaurant? Lots of leftover wine? I'd be in *BIG* trouble!!:doh:

11. Butterflyer

Still sober!:nod:

12. Ecrivain

Hey, me too! And the month's over halfway gone. :dance:

13. Echo

Echo Active Member

Still in and no drinks yet 6wks! Hope everyone else is doing well! Good luck!

14. Ecrivain

Nice job, Echo! :tucool:

175 days sober here. We're in the home stretch for this month. Keep it up, everybody.

15. Ecrivain

Last day of the month! Who's still with us?

Anyone going another month?

This year, and this month especially, I've observed the damage caused by alcoholism. Two individual alcoholics, two separate families, but very similar effects. It's been going on for much longer than a year, but I've only been physically close enough to really see the problems now. Plus, I think I'm more aware due to my own sobriety.

On the surface, at a quick glance, these two families appear fine. But upon closer inspection, you can see the tension, the disappointment, and all of the emotional damage. All of their problems aren't caused by alcohol, of course, but it absolutely is not helping.

It's frustrating that I can't do more to help them. But I know, first hand, that you can't force someone off of alcohol. You can only be there to help them when they're ready.