1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

"Shut up and Train 2010"

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by CA$ON, Dec 31, 2009.

1. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

WORKOUT :

BASIC #1

Leg Curl - 1 set - 8 reps

30 lbs - done

Leg - Extension - 1 set - 8 reps

70 lbs -done

Squats with BB - 1 set - 8 reps

125 lbs - done

Straight arm pull over with one DB - 1 set - 8 reps

50 lb -done

Bench Press with BB - 1 set - 8 reps

125 lbs - 7 reps reallllly felt it in chest good. - done

Bent-over row with BB - 1 set - 8 reps

55 lbs -done

Over head press with BB - 1 set - 8 reps

75 lbs -5 reps!!!!!!!!! going fr set 2! 3 reps ! got my 8 wow these are nuts! - done

Bicep curl with BB - 1 set - 8 reps

55 lbs - 4 reps!!!!!!! going for set 2! - 4 reps!!!!!!!! got my 8. im out of breath breathing HARD and sweating big time. LOVE THE PUMP>

WORKOUT DONE!

30 minutes

#101 CA$ON, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  2. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

So I felt really good last night and this morning. I have soooo much energy this morning out of nowhere! Ever since I started back HIT I have energy during the day and tired at night.

So I was wondering how the scale looked since I was feeling good. I HAVE NOT CHANGED DIET. IM DOING LESS CARDIO IF ANY. I walk my dog 1.5 miles and maybe a little jog here and there.

This mornings scale reading 199lbs

I'm not on the full program yet. I'm not taking but storm and animal pump 30 minutes before work out. Also a protein shake once a day and also Animal Pak. No other supp.

I look leaner in the mirror with more veins etc. We will see how wed's turns out for measurments and scale. :tu:

3. ameer

ameer Active Member

Sweeeet! I love it when I go into the gym and I feel like I could tear the place apart! And good for you on the 199lbs! I don't know where you started from, but I'm right there with you. I just weighed myself after my workout (my goal is to get down to 199lbs by Feb 5) I was 200lbs. :bb:

Awesome to see progress too! Rock on man!

4. BJ

BJ Active Member

Hey brother... question for you... Chapter 23 of the HIT book... he talks about doing negative chins.

In that he talks about stopping 1/2 way down and arching your back... have you ever tried this? I did today and it just felt weird... couldn't decide what I should be focusing on.

5. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Thanks man! :tucool:

Here is a quick summary : http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=45992

6. ameer

ameer Active Member

7. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

I've never done them like that. I will be doing a bunch of cheating chin ups two arm and one arm to get my back in better shape. Might do that for a little cardio lol.

8. Gance

Gance Active Member

I'm doing negative chins now, and I just jump up to the top and lower myself down slowly. Not sure what that means, but I saw improvement already doing this. Not sure if it will continue.

9. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

WORKOUT :

BASIC #1

Leg Curl - 1 set - 8 reps

30 lbs - DONE

Leg - Extension - 1 set - 8 reps

70 lbs - done

Squats with BB - 1 set - 8 reps

125 lbs -done

Straight arm pull over with one DB - 1 set - 8 reps

50 lb -done

Bench Press with BB - 1 set - 8 reps

125 lbs -done

Bent-over row with BB - 1 set - 8 reps

55 lbs -done

Over head press with BB - 1 set - 8 reps

75 lbs -done

Bicep curl with BB - 1 set - 8 reps

55 lbs - done

DONE

10. Gance

Gance Active Member

Hey!!! Where are those crunches!? :lol:

BTW, how do you do your rows? I need another Ca$on vid!

11. tensdanny

tensdanny Well-Known Member

Dude.. it's a row. Seriously. Row the weight. Baptism by fire. Put 155 on the damn thing and row it. It'll work. Trust me.

Cas, I attribute you increase in energy to two things. You nervous system is probably being taxed less with the lower weights and more isolation training, so less energy is likely being taken to recover, and secondly I suspect if you're going from machine to machine quickly your heart rate is quite high, so I suspect you're taking in additional oxygen for the next day or two to keep you alert.

12. Gance

Gance Active Member

Whoa whoa, chill there tens:lol: I just want to see what type of row he is doing, how much he is inclined and see his form to compare to mine.

13. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

i think he's just getting frustrated because it seems like you have no interest in thinking for yourself. if you read through any of ur's or cason's journals....... you seem only interested in doing exactly what cason does or what he says you should do. what's that about?

14. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

I havent even added the whole workout. lol This is just the startup for a couple of weeks.

True or maybe metabolism is higher for me on this type of workout. The rest time is the same as my last workout. We will see how results are these next couple of weeks. I've been on the other programs for a bit and only gained weight and a little muscle. Curious to see if HIT will show a weight loss with less work and cardio.

Next couple of weeks will be fun. I did change my diet a little bit and added more fats.

15. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Sorry Gance no video. Close grip underhand, back straight. :tucool:

16. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Just curious..have you or Tens ever tired HIT?

17. Gance

Gance Active Member

No, that isn't the case. Ca$on was very successful using HIT, and has made quite fast progress and had the help of RTE as well. So I'm simply using Ca$on as an example for a lot of things. He has been very helpful so I simply tend to ask him about things.

I tend to be quite fiercely individual, but since these are journals, I am here to mostly gain input and give support since I'm still rather new to lifting in my opinion.

18. Gance

Gance Active Member

90 degree bend I assume? I found I was not bending over enough I think and was more like at 60 degrees before. My grip was at my sides.

Get a video I wanna see you doing the ol' HIT routine! :lol:

19. tensdanny

You and Cason are in very different stages. Cason lost a ton of weight but is a muscular beast looking to get cut. By all accounts you're scrawny and refusing to put weight on the bar and do something about it.

I wouldn't use him as an example because while his results are undoubtedly outstanding, you're not the same person nor are you in the position nor are you looking for the same thing.

There's a reason Chris can bench 250 and you struggle to put up 125 despite being A) Male (not trying to be sexist but lets face facts, guys can typically lift more ) and B) someone who's been around here for awhile now. Not saying that bench is the end all be all or anything like that, but come on man, comparing yourself to Cason is a joke at best at this point.

20. tensdanny

I have not but that is largely irrelevant. Gance seems like a tool. I wish him well as he seems like a good guy and I do follow him closely but his results have not matched yours imo.