1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Showdown: TheLemonSong vs. Shadow!

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by Shadow12, Jun 15, 2004.

1. citrixmeta

citrixmeta Well-Known Member

awesome idea, im gonna keep an eye on this one

2. TheLemonSong

TheLemonSong Well-Known Member

I agree we ought to do "Best Transformation" in 3 months. I don't like the idea of a bodybuilding type thing where we both get oiled up and get judged liked that...

What I think is really really cool about this is that from where we're both the same height, same weight, and we both have about 15% body fat.. think about it this: In 3 months we'll both nearly be done cutting. I've consistently lost 1% body fat per month for the past 5 months, and I have another fitness test on the 22nd and expect to have lost at least a few more lbs of fat. I think that both of us will push ourselves even more now, like an imaginary partner type deal, and I really look forward to this as a challenge and an ongoing opportunity to improve my health. Since the last few lbs of fat are the hardest to lose it'll be a good thing to have extra motivation!

1-on-1 Competition Forum would be crazy...we'll see how this one goes, maybe some others will develop threads too! (We're trendsetters Shadow!!) :claplow:

3. Doug Miles

Doug Miles Well-Known Member

Maybe, in addition to 1-on-1 competitions, there could be 'Open' competitions (meaning, open to anyone, best progress wins).

4. ABguy

ABguy Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in a little friendly competition from someone in a similar situation to my own...

Looking for someone around 10%bf, who's looking to get to 8 or 9 %

in quick order. Any takers ??

5. TheLemonSong

Abguy- Check out TXItalians post...ya'll are about the same and its about progress anyways.

6. citrixmeta

i wouldnt mind some competition.

currently 232lbs from 305lbs , 5'8"

7. TeMpTeD

TeMpTeD Well-Known Member

Perhaps we shouldn't sabotage their comp thread with offers for competitions, but instead start another thread where people can list that they want a competition and their stats? But while I have made a post I'm looking for someone with

183lbs
    15%BF
    5'10"

likes sports, cinema, music........hahaha :)

8. citrixmeta

:o good idea

9. HobbesAB

HobbesAB Well-Known Member

Rumble, young men, Rumble!

Good luck to both of you. This should be interesting.

10. TheLemonSong

The Whey Tastes Good Today!!!

KILLER workout for me today.
    I haven't worked out that hard in a while...this thread really gives me some motivation!

I did biceps, triceps, chest, and abs. (I hurt my back a week or so ago, so I've held off on doing lower body for a little while and I usually do abs along with lower body, but I decided to do shoulders, quads, hams and calves tomorrow. I'm 95% today, but I should be 100% by tomorrow.) I was too worn out to do shoulders (tried and got about 4 reps in and died) so I'm thinkin' I'll either do back and shoulders tomorrow and hold off on another leg day, or I'll do my leg day and do back and shoulders in 2 days.

I also did some jump roping to get my HR up!! I want to see if I can eventually work myself up to doing 5 min. of straight jumping. I wish I had a heavy rope insead of a speedrope. I've never tried the heavy but I think it would be an AWESOME workout. Haha, float like a butterfly sting like a bee ;)

11. ABguy

ABguy Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Looks like Tx has a thread opened that would be more appropriate.

Lemon / Shadow ----- Good Luck !!

12. TheLemonSong

Theres a request in the Technical section right now about starting a new forum for competition. If you're interested in this, i would suggest posting a quick reply over there. If there is enough support I'm sure John wouldn't mind setting up a new one...

13. TheLemonSong

Also, I think we need some stakes for this competition...
    3 month, biweekly posts, best improvement (voted on in the end by the forum members) wins...but whats at stake here? Obviously neither of us are going to lose, we're both going to get fit...but I think we need something as a "prize" or something "on the line"

I volunteered to send Shadow a Lance Armstrong wristband or two if he wins, but what else can we do? Anyone got any ideas?? Some AllTheWhey perhaps? :confused:

14. AWD_ENVY

AWD_ENVY Well-Known Member

I think a fabulas "Cheat Meal" Gift Certificate would be wonderful at the end of a gruling 3month tirade. :D

<Homer Simpson>mmmmm Dairy Queen......</Homer Simpson>

15. Shadow12

Shadow12 Well-Known Member

I could send you a gyros through the post but I dont think you will want to eat it by the time it gets there. lol! A prize at the end of it all would be just the icing on the cake. I see we have started a trend LemonSong we are pioneers, never thought I would be a pioneer on a fitness forum. lol!

16. TheLemonSong

Pioneers indeed! Gyros in the mail, thats funny!
    I guess we'll work it out...but do you think there ought to be something more at stake here or just the competition itself?

17. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

i have a suggestion..

I dunno of this is possible on this board, but ive seen something on other boards like this....what if you can get a little icon under your username when you win one of these competitions..like a little championship belt....kinda like karma on other boards...u guys know what I mean?

18. TheLemonSong

I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean, but I like the idea of competing for the honor of the icon! :)

19. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

Basically...if you win, you would get a little icon that would show up under your name when u post. Although, that would mean that these comps would have to be tracked and updated....might be too much of an ordeal :p

20. Shadow12

Shadow12 Well-Known Member

Here are some more pics. Used autotimer and placed the camera on a box so excuse some of the photographic quality.
    The first one is for people thinking I had scholiosis and the yellowness of my skin is due to the lighting.
    The second is a better side view (not slouching this time)
    The third is for those who wanted to see my legs.

The little special icon sounds like a cool idea but it would mean more work for John and I dont think he wants that. Well godnight to all and keep working out!

Attached Files: