1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

shoulder pain..sometimes

Discussion in 'General Health/Fitness & Injuries' started by Jon Skee, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Jon Skee

Jon Skee Well-Known Member

I was doing my shoulder workout about an hour ago, and i did them all with no problems..but i got to rear lateral raises which i had to lower the weight because they are very weak and I couldnt get to the top of the lift.

But on my final set as i was lifting on my left shoulder, on the rear,close to the mid delt it twanged like when you get something caught when breathing..then it releases again.

Now Im sure I havent torn anything before and im not sure what that would of been, do you think I have torn something? or just something got caught.

I cant feel anything at the moment and when I do its hard to tell if its an injury pain or just because its been worked seen as its not constant.

I did a search on here but I coudlnt find anything similar so if any of you can find another thread that sounds like this or know of what it may be then thank you for replying

2. quackvader

quackvader Well-Known Member

I've been battling some shoulder issues too. While not the same here's what has worked for me. ICE, ICE, ICE. I've been icing my shoulder for 20 min or so each night for about 2 weeks and I've really felt it get better. Maybe add in some stretching before you start shoulder day to really get the muscles loose.

Just keep an eye on it and take it slow. If the problem doesn't disapate or gets worse, look at modifying your schedule to get some more rest in for it.

3. Jon Skee

Jon Skee Well-Known Member

well few weeks ago my front delts felt painfull, not doing shoulder exercises, felt tight but i didnt want to risk it so i left everything for 3weeks.

And now my first week back I did my chest yesterday, and then on my second day this hmm lol