1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

SHAVING: How and how long to grow back if you look dumb?

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by MGB, Jun 25, 2004.

1. supirman

supirman Well-Known Member

Chest hair = gross :D

All body hair = gross.

I wish I could get it all permanantly removed.

2. French Spirit

French Spirit Well-Known Member

Electrolysis? It's what transsexuals use, I think (no, that wasn't a potshot, supirman :p)

3. trainiac

trainiac Well-Known Member

I had to have my chest shaved for an operation a few years ago (yes, the trainiac has a pacemaker, but still thinks he's a weightlifter). I frickin' HATED it, because the little stubs would come back in and rub against my shirt and it got all irritated. I still have to shave it every so often for some tests. Every time I still hate it. Maybe if you shave every day, you won't have that problem, but it seems like a lot of work to keep up with that every day. For me it's enough of a pain in the butt just to shave my face every day.
    ---Trainiac!
    http://www.clintphillips.com/ask.html

4. DeafNgari

DeafNgari Well-Known Member

Honestly, my body has gotten use to the little stubble... it only ever feels wierd when I first put on a shirt in the morning.

5. supirman

It takes a week for any stubble to even show on my chest, and the hairs are still very fine. Guess I'm lucky not to look like a gorilla :)

6. TheLemonSong

TheLemonSong Well-Known Member

I shave my chest about twice a week, but I have like small patches of hair on my back and I can't reach them...it really sucks. I mean, its not SO bad, but its relatively bothersome. Also, i can't stand the little hairs that grow sporadically(sp?) all over my upper arms and shoulders.

7. Fabian

Fabian Guest

Once I was about to shave my legs...but then I remembered I was straight... :spaz: ...j/k

8. DeafNgari

Wish I could say the same... my friend's called my sasquatch. My stubble shows in 2 days easy on my chest and maybe 3-4 on my back... oh well it all comes off
    :tu:

9. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Both of you, stop thread crapping.

10. Auggy

Auggy Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you hair grow back thicker every time you shaved though?

I am not to keen on having a beard on my chest - you would eventually have to keep shaving over and over more often, wouldn't you?

11. supirman

That's a myth. The stubble seems thicker at first only because you cut the hair at the base, and the base will then protrude. It seems to be a bit darker and coarser, but the hairs themselves are not becoming thicker, nor will more hair grow in there. You may get hairier over time though, as men tend to do that as they age...

12. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

What supirman said.

The myth also comes from the fact that many observe as they start shaving in puberty, the hair will seemingly get thicker everytime, which is not due to the shaving at all. The hair is naturally coming in thicker over time as the body continues to go through puberty. If one were to not shave at all, the hair would continue to thicken.

13. DeafNgari

Can't help but think of the Seinfeld episode and hawling at the moon everytime I shave my chest. :lol:

14. simon.karlsson

simon.karlsson Well-Known Member

I personally don´t have too much hair growing, but I have started to shave armpits and so on for hygenical reasons, It feels so much more fresh.

I don´t think body hair is gross in any way, but I think some people look better with it that others, just like some people look good with shaved hair on their scull, while some don´t. If taking alook at masculine icons ( ?) such as "James Bond", or Jack Nicholson they all look great with their chest hair sticking out of their shirts :). I couldn´t imagine the next James Bond to be a smoothie, that just wouldn´t fit.

Obviously muscle definition is easier to obtain with a shaved chest if you have a heavy hair growth in the area. But if speaking of the above mentioned people... I think it would just look funny.... Just my opinion.
    I reccon everyone should do what they feel comfortable with, obviously!.

I think waxing is a better alternative if you find it hard and need to shave every day or so. Epilators might work aswell.... but it hurts!, my god it hurts... hehe not to reveal too much I once tried one out... in a rather sensitive area :d_eek:

Sorry, hehe this was a long and pointless post!....

15. Rishi P

Rishi P Well-Known Member

I am pretty hairy...but I"ve never really shaved any part of my body fully..I herad it itchesl ike crazy when it grows back and it will also grow back alot more...it woudl be liek shavin your face everyday at some point

16. escher

escher Well-Known Member

I shave my chest & abs as I absolutely hate how it looks with hair. I've told my wife I would be happy with no body hair except for my eybrows & my head hair! Seems as though it only gets worse as you get older, plus an increase of testosterone never helps either!
    How many of you shave your armpits? I cant stand my pits, although I'm hesitant to do anything to them. My wife hates it too, and i was thinking of shaving them. Is it worth it? How do you recommend getting in there? Nair it first, and then maintain with a razor?

17. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I just trim with scissors, but I don't have really hairy pits in the first place or at least not a broad patch, more like a fairly dense thumb full (from knuckle to tip).

18. escher

escher Well-Known Member

heh... Im not that lucky. Course mine were like that when I was your age! ;)

19. nals

nals Well-Known Member

i've been shaving my head since christmas 03... dont think i'd be willing to do my chest or any other body part. luckily i'm pretty hairless... i'm also 23 and can't grow a beard, mustache or whatever else.

i did shave my genitalia area a couple times, i didn't think it was all that bad even when it was coming back in... but i found it to be pointless and now i just keep it trimmed ;)

20. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Wow, that's way too much information. But welcome to the keep it trimmed club. ;)