1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

SFC - Sober February Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by AzDesertRhino, Jan 26, 2008.

1. AzDesertRhino

AzDesertRhino Active Member

As we close in on the end of January I know there has been an awesome amount of success in the Sober January Challenge.

I didn't join the forum until after the 1st of January but haven't had any alcohol since November 15, 2007 so I think I qualify for an "atta boy" for January as does everyone participating in the challenge! :claphigh:

Anyhow, There seems to be considerable interest in continuing through February and no one has posted the challenge so here is the SFC thread!!

Same guidelines as the SJC and the SOC. February is a short month but it is leap year so it's 29 days this year!!

Good luck and stay motivated!!

Excuse the newbie if he overstepped his newbie bounds!!:whistle:

2. specialk

specialk Well-Known Member

Overstep, never. Glad to see this challenge taking a life of its own.

I'm interested in continuing so count me in.

3. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

Alright, count me in too. For me this is going to start immediately, because #1 I already a have a decent streak going and #2 knowing me I'd just use the SFC as an excuse to fu*k it up big time on jan 31, and that would just make me feel stupid, so I won't.

:gl:

4. EMac

EMac Well-Known Member

Im in for it... had a bit of a slip up a couple weeks ago but i've been good since and am ready to keep it rolling!

5. cnjlakes

cnjlakes Active Member

Excuse the newbie if he overstepped his newbie bounds!!....

Hell no... you just got up earlier than me! The SFC is on, baby!

Abstaining from alcohol has been easy since I started doing that one thing....with the needles.....

what do they call that again?

oh yeah.....

heroin.

Just kidding! strength to all!

Jay.

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Good news. As I posted in the SJC forum, I won't be along for the entire ride, so I won't officially join, but I'll be tagging along until the 13th and probably after I return for the last week of the month.

Good luck to all!

7. PlainGreyT

PlainGreyT Active Member

Its time to take back my dignity

I'm in

8. woodan

woodan Well-Known Member

Although, I wasn't part of SJC I haven't had a drink since NYE. So why not go for 60 days straight. I'm in!

#8 woodan, Jan 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  9. Rise

Rise Active Member

I think this month is going to be a lot tougher for me. The first 31 days seemed "easy" and I really am glad I haven't had anything in that time period but I'm the type of guy to get the "urge" after a long time of not doing something. I thought about not joining so I could drink a few times throughout the month of February without feeling bad but I realized that that doesn't make any sense. I can't justify the "need" to drink, not even with the super bowl so I'm going to join up again. Again, this is going to be a tough month for me but I know that if I can make it through this month I can make it through any month and that's what I want to prove to myself.

10. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

I'm in.

Even though this one was started by a newbie. Sheesh.

;)

11. AzDesertRhino

Newbies are always troublemakers!! :eek: Whoops, did I say that out loud??

Good luck to all, Stay motivated!!

12. specialk

So last night on the heals of the SJC I get the urge to have a drink. Mind you I haven't had a drop since the beginning of the year. My rational was "Hey you made it through January but 28 more days seems ridiculously long". I hate having that kind of internal debate and decided to not act on impulse but wait it out until the urge subsided.

I'm glad I did.

13. cnjlakes

cnjlakes Active Member

Don't forget, buddy... this is leap year.

14. specialk

I did not know. Now I do.

15. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

Ok so I made it to February now I just gotta make it through February! :D Feelin' good..

16. Rise

Rise Active Member

i thought the same thing a couple of days ago. just remember you don't need it in the first place so it's not that it's a long time to go without a drink, it's just a long time to pay attention to not drinking. I find the conscious effort is more tiring than anything.

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    As we move from the end of the SJC to the newly started SFC I'm once again thinking about what my plan for imbibing, or not, is going to be. I know that I've publicly proclaimed that I would join along in the fun of the SFC until I left for Florida, but I am presently re-examining that decision. No conclusions have been made and to some degree I'm thinking aloud as I write.

Without rehashing my rationale for joining the SJC, I can say that at least for the past thirty one days it has achieved its purpose. What will allow me to ultimately call it a success is if it leads to a modification in my behavior once the total ban is lifted. And that's what I'm starting to think about.

My goal is to reach a healthy balance where I have can chose to have a drink with relatives or friends and also refrain from having those weeknight drinking alone ones. The SJC was a vehicle to help me start that process by breaking the poor routine I had fallen into and I'm beginning to question the utility of the SFC for me and as it relates to my quest. What I'm leaning toward at the moment is to not join the SFC and start the transition toward the integration of responsible and limited alcohol consumption into my lifestyle.

Should I decide to go this route, I have no plans to have the first drink of 2008 at any particular time so it's not an desire to consume that is the impetus for this line of thought.

Again, no decision has been made and regardless of what I eventually decide I wish all participants in the SFC a successful month. I also want to extend my gratitude toward the SJC participants who were such a contributing factor in making January the fine month that it was.

18. roamer33

roamer33 Active Member

Ready

I'm in, and looking forward to it!

19. Rise

Rise Active Member

oof. first day of the challenge was a tough one for me - pressure from my friends to indulge in some wine with them:

friend: "you haven't drank since new years, but that was just a January thing, wasn't it?"

me: "uh... no."

i made it, of course I had 3 brownies in order to make it :lol:

20. AzDesertRhino

Super Bowl Sunday.

If you hadn't planned a "Cheat Day" today, hang tough!!:tucool:

No plans on my part to indulge today.