1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

September 2011 TSM: junior_t

Discussion in 'Transformation Spotlights' started by John Stone, Sep 1, 2011.

1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

For the September 2011 Transformation Spotlight, I've selected forum member "junior_t" (Carl). Carl started visiting John Stone Fitness all the way back in 2006, but instead of utilizing the proper diet and training techniques espoused here, he continued to try fad diets with predictable results. Finally, at the beginning of this year, Carl decided to give fat loss one last try. This time around Carl hired Aram "Mastover" Hamparian to assist him with his diet and training. Aram's customized diet and training program gave Carl the raw ingredients to reach his goals, but of course it was up to Carl to actually carry out the plan. It wasn't always easy, but Carl remained fiercely dedicated to reaching his goals and, as a result, he has already lost almost 40 pounds!

BEFORE (Jan 2011: 204 lbs / 40" waist)
    Front 24 jan 2011.jpg Left 24 jan 2011.jpg

right 24 jan 2011.jpg back 24 jan 2011.jpg

CURRENT (Aug 2011: 165 lbs / 30.5" waist)
    front 24 aug 2011.jpg left 24 aug 2011.jpg

right 24 aug 2011.jpg back 24 aug 2011.jpg

Why did you decide to make a transformation?
    For years now I've tried to lose weight. I've tried every fad diet and never achieved anything. My weight was always fluctuating up and down. I lacked energy and always felt hungry and tired. So I decided I would give it one last try before I reached 40.

What sort of planning did you do before you started?
    I started looking around, reading the John Stone Fitness Forums again and looking at John's progress over the years. These things re-ignited my determination to get something done. While reading the forums I came across Aram (Mastover), and found that no one had a anything negative to say about him. Everyone that used his service was getting the results they wanted, so I thought why not? I contacted Aram and we went over diet and training.

What were your initial goals?
    Body fat loss and to feel better about myself.

What was your diet and supplement intake like?
    Before I started training with Aram I ate everything I could get my hands on. I was drinking at least 2 liters of coke everyday, eating chocolate, crisps (potato chips), pies--basically anything. My diet now consists of more healthy foods like vegetables, chicken, fish, rice, protein shakes, omega 3 fatty acid and multivitamins.

What was your training like?
    Before my transformation I did no exercise at all except for my job walking between 6-8 miles a day 5 days a week (I'm a postman). Now i'm working out 4 times per week: 2 upper body workouts and 2 lower body workouts. I've also recently begun cycling.

What obstacles did you encounter, and how did you overcome them?
    Fitting my training into my daily routine and finding the motivation to start. I found the intense training difficult due to my lack of strength and energy. My determination to achieve my goal made me persevere.

How has your life changed?
    I feel a lot more confident about myself I have a lot more energy and my clothes now actually fit.

How did John Stone Fitness and/or the JSF Forums help you?
    Back in 2006 I came across the John Stone Fitness Forums when I was looking at changing my life and was totally impressed and awestruck about how John Stone had turned his life around. I've been reading the forums on/off ever since. Last year I thought "Enough is enough, I need to do what John Stone has done!" I thought I need a personal trainer, so I looked on the John Stone forums for trainers and came across Aram (Mastover). I read everything I could find about him on the forums, and decided he was the guy to help me achieve my goals.

What advice would you offer to others?
    If you've been trying to get the results and not achieving them or finding it hard to get motivated, get a trainer. Trainers give you encouragement, keep you on track and offer you lots of advice on how to achieve your goals.

What are your future plans?
    To continue with my fitness program, to keep losing body fat and then maintain my body fat levels once I reach my goal.

Any closing thoughts?
    Don't get disheartened if you don't see quick results! Keep going, change something, make it work. It's taken me over 6 years to get to this point, but only 8 months of proper motivation and training.Thanks to Aram (Mastover) and John Stone.

Congratulations on your excellent progress, Carl!

2. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

CONGRATS! Carl, you have inspired me to become a better person in my own life. I'll have to be honest, but this gentleman's week to week,month to month progress was outright amazing. Shocking, almost.... And the only thing that can shock me these days is probably 400 volts! :)

:bow::bow::bow::claplow::claplow::claplow:

3. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

What a great transformation! Excellent and inspirational job Carl! Kudos!!

4. BJ

BJ Active Member

5. TooMuch

TooMuch Well-Known Member

Lookin' good, man. :tu:

6. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

WOW! Definitely worthy!!! Awesome work!!! :claphigh:

7. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Nice work, Carl! It takes a certain kind of person to fail, fail and fail again, yet keep coming back to try some more. You've met success by a matter of persistence. Congrats!

8. T-1 Sella

T-1 Sella Active Member

WOW:tu:Awesome Job...That is an awesome transformation way to reclaim your body!!!

9. raptor

raptor Well-Known Member

Great Job!

10. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Congrats Carl.

11. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member
    Platinum Member

congratulations! 40 pounds in 6 months is huge. what a great success you've had!

12. Gskarr

Gskarr Active Member

Amazing transformation

you did it m8

Congrats:tucool:

13. junior_t

junior_t Active Member

Hi Guys, thanks for all the great comments.

thank you John and a big thank you Aram.

14. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

Great job and a huge inspiration! Keep it up. :tucool: