1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    We never made it to the park and given a very hectic, but enjoyable May we probably won't get there this year. I know it's a long time away, but if you decide to go next year let me know hopefully we can arrange a meet up.

Update

It's been an active weekend even without going to the park after yesterday's gym session. We went dancing last night, hit the gym this morning, and I ran 1.8 miles afterward. That, I believe, concludes the exercise portion of the day, but since it's so nice out I may go on a walk with wifey.

The dancing last night was a lot of fun despite my total lack of talent. I only stepped on wife's toes a few times so I'm considering that a victory. She has a different opinion. :lol:

Dinner tonight is going to be chicken leg quarters cooked on my kamado, pasta with EVOO and sautéed garlic, and a salad. Dear daughter's BF will be with us around the table and there's a chance that we'll be joined by my next door neighbor's teenage daughter.

Have a great day!

dejavued likes this.
  2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    All energy has left the house. That about sums up how I feel today even though I was in bed very early last night, which only meant I had a longer than normal lousy sleep. I've decided to lay low today and hopefully recoup enough to feel normal tomorrow.

Dinner tonight is going to be a small chuck roast that I'm currently sous viding and I'll make a to be determined veggie as the side.

Have a great day!

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I walked about 1.5 miles roundtrip to have breakfast with a friend and afterward went on a 1.5 mile run.

Dinner tonight is going to be shrimp in a lemon butter sauce and a salad.

Have a great day!

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    This morning I did five rounds of:

Pushups with alternating side planks
    Standing Db rows
    Db snatch and presses
    Kb swings
    Lateral speed "skating"
    Up/downs
    Rower

Dinner tonight is going to be turkey loaf that I'm going to use my kamado grill for and either a salad or corn. Or maybe both. :lol:

We leave tomorrow AM for a short stay in Florida; my exercise plan is to run twice and hit the fitness room at the facility twice.

Have a great day!

dejavued likes this.
  5. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Have a great trip

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thank you Mac. It's a short one, we'll be back Monday night, but it will give us an opportunity to see some relatives and get some relaxation time.

Update

The car is rolling in about 15 minutes. Since we started packing last night dear dog is a little clingy and agitated.

Have a great day and I'll be back here on Tuesday.

7. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Have a great trip.

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks. We did.

Update

As planned we got back last night. Exercise was almost on point; one run, one long walk, and two workouts. The complex's facility is relatively well equipped and wifey and I were able to have a couple of short yet intense sessions. In the gym for anyone who wants to make a sarcastic statement. :wink:

Almost every meal was at a restaurant and I felt bloated for most of my time away despite being mindful of food choices and/or portion control, but I started today with a brave move and stepped on the scale. I only gained 1.1 pounds, which at first I thought was a mis-read so I weighed myself again and got the same result. Given all that went on I'll call that a victory.

Today I went on a 1.5 mile run. No Garmin and no pace data. I need to start picking up my game.

Dinner tonight is going to be grilled shrimp with a sirachia slaw and a salad on the side.

Have a great day!

#19928 Seltzer, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
  9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    First post vacation workout at the gym this AM.

Four rounds of:

Walk outs with a push up
    Db squat presses
    Straight leg sit ups with kb in each hand
    Ab wheel rollouts
    Db squats
    Up/downs

Have a great day!

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Back in the groove. Five rounds of:

Bosu ball mountain climbers
    Db goblet squats
    Pushups
    Russian twists
    Db two point rows
    Jump squats

Dinner last night was grilled pork tenderloin with a honey, soy sauce, and garlic marinade and pickled beets as the side. I have no idea what I'm going to cook tonight, but since dear son will not be home it may involve beans.

Have a great day!

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It's confirmed that dear son will not be home for dinner so I'm going to make a hearty Mediterranean chickpea salad for dinner.

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    As everyone who reads here knows I fiddle with party menus, almost to a fault. As we're about to host our annual Mother's Day party this year has not deviated from that, and as the major shopping is done I think the menu is also. As always, virtually everything is made from scratch by me.

There will be about 25 people.

Appys

Smoked cheddar and Monteray jack pepper cheeses with crackers
    Crudite with sun dried tomato dip
    Spinach balls
    Citrus marinated olives

Family Tradition

Hot dogs

Entrees

St. Louis cut smoked ribs
    Braised brisket
    Sausage and peppers
    Corn
    7 layer salad
    Orzo with Kalamata olives, tomatoes, and feta cheese dressed with a lemon EVOO dressing

Dessert

Fresh fruit supplied by us
    Whatever our guests bring

Beverages

Beer
    Wine
    Soda
    Water
    Seltzer
    Coffee
    Tea
    Whatever else our guests want

IROC-Z likes this.
  13. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

No fiddling with the hot dogs though. :tu:

Seltzer likes this.
  14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    LOL! Mac, as you know, if I don't cook the hot dogs (with feet of course) on Mother's Day I will catch holy hell. Caviar, wagu beef, U8 shrimps, lobster tails, etc., it all doesn't matter if there aren't the Mother's Day hot dogs. :lol:

Update

I've yet to go on my scheduled run as I've been taking care of some last minute Mother's Day things, including buying a present for wifey. :) It's in my plans to go for one this afternoon.

It's just me and wifey tonight for dinner and picking up on wifey's vibe this AM we'll probably go out.

TGIF!

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A solid workout this AM; pretty much a total body one with some cardio components.

Due to cooking for our Mother's Day party, which I'm in the midst of right now, I doubt I can make it to the gym tomorrow, but am aiming for an early morning run.

No dinner plans as of yet, but I think all four of us will be here.

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    The operative word of the day is tired. We had a great time yesterday despite non compliant weather; fortunately the house is big enough to accommodate the 23 people who were here. We had one great surprise. On Saturday the person who introduced me and wifey and currently lives in Australia called to say he and his wife are in the USA for a few days and would like to get together so we had them join the party yesterday.

Wifey and I went to the gym yesterday morning and after that our focus was on party prep, hosting, and cleanup. I don't think I sat down until around 5 and believe me it felt good. :-) There's still some clean up that needs to be addressed and I'll take care of that this afternoon.

I was at the gym for my usual Monday morning fun and did three rounds of:

Renegade rows
    Db squat presses
    Inverted pushups with lateral toe taps
    Bosu ball pushups with knee thrusts
    Turkish getups
    Planks
    Mountain climbers

Dinner tonight is going to be leftovers. There's not enough of any one item to be enough for dinner, but between the three proteins and three sides there's enough for the Seltzers and dear daughter's boyfriend to have dinner as well as providing lunch for dear son and, most likely, me :-)

Have a great day!

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm on the cusp of screwing up my exercise plan for the day. So far all I've done is walk about 2 miles to do some errands, but I've yet to do the run I want to accomplish. Seeing that it's north of 80F it's evident that I should have used my time more wisely.

Dinner is going to be flank steak with a garden salad. I'm going to sous vide the beef and then sear it on a blazing hot grill. I'll be using my gasser and not my Big Green Egg although the latter will get hotter and impart more flavor; for once I'm going with expediency.

Have a great day!

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I never went for the run I wrote about yesterday. Shame on me. On a slightly more positive note, I was at the gym at 5:50 this morning for a less than stellar workout. The actual exercises, 3 rounds of 3 different ones, weren't harder than the norm, but I was below average. I'll be back tomorrow and hopefully have a better showing.

I'm not sure about dinner tonight other than it's going to be me and wifey because the yungins are going out to dinner.

Have a great day!

dejavued likes this.
  19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Today's workout was much better than yesterday's. Yay!

Wifey and I wound up going to dinner with the yungins last night. We went to a very eclectic taco place and the food was delicious. I had a sesame tuna taco as well as a Korean BBQ pork taco. We shared some Mexican street corn on the cob and a helping of rice with charred pablano peppers. Today's dinner, at home, will be grilled chicken leg quarters with a to be determined side.

Have a great day!

#19939 Seltzer, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
  20. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Sounds good. What is the name of that restaurant?