1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    DD and her BF are on their way to a fun week. I was able to get home in plenty of time to be at the gym by 9 and despite a lousy night's sleep had a very good workout.

I have hours of household projects ahead of me and am planning to chillax at home tonight. Dinner is going to be thick pork chops cooked on my Kamodo with a to be determined veggie.

Have a great day!

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I didn't have time to log in yesterday with anything related to exercise because after our morning workout wifey and I quickly cleaned up our acts and went to a St. Patrick's Day party that our friend hosts every year. Despite employing decent portion control, between all the salty food and the one Bloody Mary I had I was, and to some degree, still am sodium bloated despite drinking copious amounts of water. Another day or so and it should all be gone.

The workout this AM consisted of three rounds of:

Ball planks
    Ball slams
    Bosu ball pushups with leg thrusts
    Heavy ropes
    Ab wheel extensions
    Mountain climbers
    Leg raises
    Kb crunches

For dinner tonight I'm going to sous vide the pork chops I didn't make on Saturday and serve them with roasted Brussels sprouts. The reason we didn't have them for dinner on Saturday was because me, wifey, and dear son went to play pool at a place that served food. I'm not sure what was the biggest surprise of the evening, that the fare was quite good or that I won two of the three games I played.

Have a great day.

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I ran 1.7 miles this morning. No Garmin so no pace data. Based on the most recent forecasts I will not be going to my usual Wednesday AM gym session. Starting tonight we're supposed to get between 8 and 12 inches of snow which means I'll have plenty of functional exercise tomorrow.

Dinner tonight is going to be baked chicken leg quarters and roasted asparagus.

Have a great day!

4. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

The weather this year seems harsh. It seems we are getting either rain or snow every 3 - 4 days.

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I and I think almost everyone would agree with you; it does seem harsh of late. That's why I was surprised to find out that on average the temperature has been slightly warmer than usual with an average amount of precipitation. I think it's the variability; we had some unusually warm days early in the year that has probably skewed the data. Crazy stuff.

Update

The snow must have started later than forecasted because there was only an inch on the ground when I woke up at 4:30 so I went to the gym as I normally would. Four circuits of:

Kb one arm swings
    Db two point rows
    Pushups
    Jump squats on a riser
    Up downs

That was followed by three circuits of:

Prowler pushes
    Speed skating sprints
    Ball pushes
    Bear crawls
    Lateral sprints

Dinner tonight is going to be pot roast using a bottom round I bought on sale yesterday that will be served over egg noodles I'm going to make later today.

Have a great day!

#19825 Seltzer, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    We wound up getting 14 inches of heavy snow. I spent about 2 hours dealing with it yesterday and another 2 hours this morning. The tree damage around town is huge; I have some issues that will necessitate me calling professionals, but fortunately I don't have any damage.

After my fun with the snow this morning I then spent over 2 hours in a dentist's chair having a crown put in as well another minor procedure. Shoveling and the dentist, all in one morning. I believe that's called living on the wild side. :lol:

I wound up not making pasta last night and served tri color couscous instead. Tonight I'll be making shrimp. Not sure how just yet or what the side(s) will be.

Have a great day!

7. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

That is a lot of time dealing with the snow. Lucky for me, there are no sidewalks on my street. If I had sidewalks, I would definitely need a snowblower. Which was worse, the dentist or the snow? :)

8. macdiver

Bronze Member

I'm not sure which I would prefer, the dentist or the snow. Both on the same day :curses:.

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I pondered that question also and concluded I'd rather be shoveling. If nothing else it's certainly less expensive. :-)

10. macdiver

Bronze Member

True Dat. :nod:

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    One of the many benefits of staying fit is that I can still remove snow from my property without having to pay someone. Unfortunately, as I wrote before, I had some tree damage and I'll have to pay some one to take care of that. I am not going up on a ladder with a chain saw.

Update

Per my usual routine, today is a dedicated rest day; you can be sure I'll be at the gym tomorrow AM and I also plan on running afterward.

Dinner tonight is going to be salmon cooked on my Big Green Egg with sides of a salad and mashed cauliflower.

For the first time in a long time we have no social plans this weekend and between the running around and entertaining of late and what's to come in the weeks ahead I'm looking forward to the quietness. Hanging out at home, maybe with a fire, and then reading seems like a good plan for tonight.

My daughter and her BF are flying home tomorrow and I'll be picking them up in the late afternoon. I envision us staying at home and having them regale us with stories of their trip.

TGIF!

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a very good workout this morning and will be going for a short run in about 30 minutes

Dinner tonight is going to involve chicken thighs and roasted cauliflower.

Have a great day!

13. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Impressed that you are going for a run, it is so cold out today. On my phone it shows 46 high, 28 low, but it feels colder to me.

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It wasn't too bad because the sun was out and there was no wind. Also, I wasn't out for too long. Not because I ran fast, but because the distance was short.

Update

I was at the gym for 60 minutes this AM. Lots of upper body and core stuff with only one leg dominated station, contra lateral dynamic step ups with a DB.

We wound up going to dinner with my sister last night so tonight is going to be the chicken thighs and roasted cauliflower that I was planning for yesterday.

Have a great day!

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a tough time at the gym today, but got some kudos for working through it. Lots of squat and pushup variations.

Dinner is likely going to be hamburgers.

Have a great day!

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I was planning on running today and if I follow through with that plan it's going to have to be an indoor event because we got some more snow last night and I'm leery about being on streets that have had their width compromised due to the white stuff that's been plowed. I'll also get some functional exercise by shoveling.

Dinner tonight is likely going to be a smorgasbord of leftovers.

Have a great day!

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I did not go for a run yesterday. Ugh! On a positive note, I was at the gym this AM for a solid workout that was somewhat of a redemption from Monday.

The protein for tonight's dinner is going to be shrimp; I'm not sure what else I'll be serving.

Have a great day!

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Four rounds of fun this morning:

Forward "sprints" on risers
    Kb lateral lunges
    Db two point rows
    Jumping jacks
    High planks with hip touches
    Mountain climbers
    Db squat presses

The family's dinner time schedule became chaotic yesterday so there was no cooking of the previously mentioned shrimp. That will happen tonight. I'm currently thinking of incorporating black beans, sautéed garlic, and cilantro, but that may change. I'll be serving a salad on the side.

Have a great day!

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm sticking with my latest protocol of making Friday's a rest/easy exercise day meaning nothing strenuous like the six other days of the week. Today I'm going to limit myself to walking into town to do some errands and then taking my dog for a walk.

Last night I wound up making shrimp and black bean chili served over brown rice. No cooking tonight because we're going out to celebrate a friend's birthday.

TGIF!

20. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Being able to walk to town is a good selling point for when you sell your house. I keep reading that over and over. That is what people who want to buy house want.