1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

You didn't come across as judgmental so no worries

Update

Wifey and I did our share of dancing last night and then were back in the gym this AM for another leg centric workout. I don't think I'll be doing too much strenuous moving for the balance of the day.

Dinner tonight is going to be pork tenderloin with a mixed green salad.

Have a great day!

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

I've decided I hate my trainer. (Only kidding) After a weekend full of mainly lower body exercises this morning he had me do three rounds of:

Bb squats
    Trap bar deadlifts
    Db goblet squats
    Kb reverse lunges
    Kb Romanian deadlifts
    Kb walking lunges
    Planks

Dinner tonight is going to be baked rosemary lemon chicken thighs with sides of spinach noodle kugel and a mixed green salad.

Have a great day!

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

It's going to be a low key exercise day. I walked into town to meet a friend for breakfast this AM and will do another walk this afternoon to take care of some banking.

Dinner tonight is going to be pan seared shrimp with sides of a rice pilaf and a garden salad.

Have a great day!

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

I had a terrible workout this morning; there was just nothing in the tank. That written it was better than my dentist appointment afterward and you can be sure I'll be at the gym tomorrow AM to give it another go.

Have a great day!

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

After yesterday's struggle at the gym it was nice to have a more energized and normal workout. Not in the great category, but a far cry from what took place about 24 hours before.

Dinner last night was a Chinese themed flank steak and veggies with an oyster sauce served over rice. The protein for tonight is going to be chicken breasts that I'm planning on cooking using my new sous vide device. I'm not sure about the sides yet.

Have a great day!

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Not much on the exercise front today; just some walking. Also not much on the dinner planning front. :lol:

TGIF!

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Saturday morning fun at the gym. Four rounds of:

Duffel bag cleans and squats
    Mountain climbers with gliders
    Inverted pushups
    Alternating heavy ropes with rear lunges
    Ball slams
    Box jumps with a squat
    Rowing machine
    Db weighted step ups

During the last round on what turned out to be my next to last rep on the weighted step ups my foot clipped the front of the stool and I almost fell over. Fortunately, that was the worst of it.

Dinner last night turned out to be me enhancing the chicken/rosemary/lemon sauce from a few days ago, reheating the leftover thighs, and serving everything over pasta. I also made a garden salad. That will be the last dinner I cook until Tuesday because tonight we're going to a party, tomorrow we're going out with my MIL, and Xmas Day we'll be at a family party at my BIL's house.

Have a great day!

8. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

A few days off for the chef, enjoy.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

9. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Dinner last night turned out to be me enhancing the chicken/rosemary/lemon sauce from a few days ago, reheating the leftover thighs, and serving everything over pasta. I also made a garden salad. That will be the last dinner I cook until Tuesday because tonight we're going to a party, tomorrow we're going out with my MIL, and Xmas Day we'll be at a family party at my BIL's house.

It is about time that kitchen gets some rest.:) Happy Holidays.

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Knowing that I'll be eating well in the next few days without much effort from me is not exactly making me shed a tear. :D Thanks for the holiday wishes.

Update

We were at a holiday/b'day party last night and although I was well behaved with all things concerning liquid and food consumption the food was salty and I'm bloated today with a temporary weight gain that I would have liked to avoid. We also got home late for us so waking up for the gym didn't put a big holiday smile on our faces, but we went and are better off for it. Today's funfest was five rounds of:

Ab wheel rollouts
    Kb swings
    Heavy rope doubles
    Db squat presses

In between each round we did:

Mountain climbers
    Jump squats
    Jumping jacks

In a couple of hours we're going to my MIL's house to spend the day. As with every holiday since mid March when my FIL passed away, this will be another first. We have some cooking to do for tomorrow's family party at my BIL's which we'll take care of when we get home tonight.

A merry Christmas to all who celebrate.

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Now that Xmas is behind us I can write that it was once again a fine time. Lots of good family time and since I managed to not be a total glutton I didn't back slide too badly on the health front. To that end, I'll be at the gym later today.

On the food front, I once again got a carcass from the family party that I'll turn into soup that will be dinner tonight. Wifey and the kids got me a dehydrator and I was planning on doing a test run with some apples today.

Have a great day!

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

I'm not sure why, but it was a tough go for exercises involving my quads this morning. Perseverance was the name of the game.

The dried apples were a success so I'm making more today along with pears. Dinner tonight is going to be pork chops in a paprika cream sauce served over egg noodles. I'll also serve a salad.

Have a great day!

13. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

How long did it take to dehyrate the apples? Also, do you need to take the skin off first?

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Once cut into 1/4 inch slices they take 7 hours to dehydrate. I've only done two batches so I'm not exactly an expert, but the feedback from the family was good. A concentrated taste and some chew, so if one is going for the potato chip crispness it would take longer.

Update

Four rounds of:

Ball slams
    Rower
    KB goblet squats
    Pushups
    Heavy ropes
    TRX rows
    Planks

After that was done we did a few minutes of squat variations.

No cooking for me tonight because we're going to dinner with friends and then to a concert.

Have a great day!

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Exercise for the day is going to be home based; pushups, planks, and some stretching.

No cooking for me tonight because we're going to a dinner party. I'll be back at it tomorrow and will be grilling steaks that will be served with baked potatoes and some sort of salad. Later today I'm going to finalize the menu for the small dinner party we're hosting on New Years Eve. Tomorrow I'm also going to dehydrate some more fruit and turn my corned beef into pastrami.

TGIF!

16. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

and turn my corned beef into pastrami.

Didn't know they started off the same. So if you go to a deli, and order corned beef or pastrami, it is pretty much one in the same?

Happy New Year.

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

No, they're not the same. Both traditionally start off with uncooked brisket, but the difference is that once the meat is corned, corned beef is simmered in water to soften while pastrami is smoked and then steamed.

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Another late night for me and wifey and although we were both well behaved at the party we're tired today. It didn't help matters that when we got home close to 1 AM dear dog decided it was a fine time to play. Even though we weren't at our best we went to the gym this morning for 60 minutes and I can write with a high degree of certainty that our time there will be the extent of our exercise for the day.

I think dinner is going to include chicken breasts and presently I'm smoking a corned beef, simmering a turkey broth, and dehydrating apples and pears. We're hosting a very small dinner party tomorrow and the menu is:

Bacon wrapped scallops
    Hot crab meat dip

Lobster tails
    Mushroom/rice pilaf
    Mixed green salad

Cookies that wifey made
    Whatever our guests bring

Have a great day!

19. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

:drool:. What time should I be there? Just kidding.

Have a Happy New Year.

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Thanks Mac and the same to you and your family.

Update

I ended the year with a solid workout. Four rounds of:

Bosu ball stands with a Db
    Duffel bag squats and cleans
    KB goblet squats
    Kb swings
    Db squats with alternating shoulder presses
    TRX tabletop rows

In between each round we did combinations of pushups, jump squats, mountain climbers, and burpees.

Wishing all a happy and healthy 2018!