1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

After yesterday's really tough workout this morning's was mild in comparison with the key words being "in comparison". I have some outdoor house stuff to attend to this afternoon, thankfully it will not involve raking, and then we'll see. Maybe a walk, maybe some time watching football.

After warm ups we did four rounds of:

Duffel bag cleans with a squat
    Dynamic step ups
    Stability ball planks
    Russian twists
    Heavy rope doubles
    TRX table top rows
    Mountain climbers

The kids, who may not even be home for dinner, have requested shrimp burgers so if they are here I'll make them along with a salad and some baked oven fries.

Have a great day!

#19661 Seltzer, Nov 12, 2017 at 11:33 AM
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017 at 11:46 AM
  2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

The walk never happened, but I did get some functional exercise hauling stuff. I then wasted time watching the Jets-Bucs game; given that my book club is this Friday I would have been much better served reading.

Not fitness related, but something weird happened when I went to the gym yesterday. The car key I was using was on a stand alone key chain and after I parked and locked the car via the fob button I walked to the gym entrance, all of about 75 feet. After that I did my usual thing, but when I went to leave I couldn't find my car key. Not in my backpack, not in the gym, not in the parking lot, and not in my jacket. I retraced my steps several times, searched my backpack, jacket and sweat pants several times, and checked with lost and found to no avail. I did some more searching this AM and checked again with the gym with the same results. I had to have had the key to lock the car and I was in a very restricted area after that; at this point I have no idea and while I don't relish having to pay for another fob I do want the mystery solved.

#19662 Seltzer, Nov 12, 2017 at 4:21 PM
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017 at 4:33 PM
  3. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Good luck on finding the key. They sell something now, that you attached to the key chain, and you can locate the missing item with your smart phone. I don't have it, but it is a good idea, and reading your story, I think I am getting one. They are a pain to lose, not to mention the wasted money on a replacement.

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Thanks for mentioning that; fortunately I had only one key on the keychain. What really made me nervous was that it was a fob so any unscrupulous person finding the key could easily identify my car and either stolen it or taken some contents. Ironically, I never bring my phone or wallet into the gym with the thought that I won't need them and they'll be safer in the car. I still think that way, but the preventative process could have backfired on Saturday.

Update

Monday morning fun with my trainer:

3 rounds of:

Incline Bb bench presses
    Incline Db flyes
    Incline Bb skullcrushers
    Lat pulldowns
    Pushups
    Standing Bb curls
    Standing Db shoulder presses
    Planks
    Russian twists

All went well, but after three days of lifting I'm going to use tomorrow as a recovery day and not touch any iron.

Dinner last night morphed into pan seared shrimp, grits, and roasted asparagus. Tonight I'm making chicken soup because both wifey and dear daughter are under the weather. If I get some initiative I'll make matzo balls this afternoon.

Have a great day!

5. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

That was what ran through my head. I wouldn't leave stuff in the car whoever picked up the key fob could come back since they didn't turn the fob in.

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Fortunately the car I had that day is not the one I normally take to the gym, but given that the fob is still "out there" when I do take it I'll bring my wallet and phone into the gym with me.

Update

Exercise for the day is going to be walking about 3 miles.

Dinner tonight is going to be chicken and a sun dried tomato pesto served over spaghetti squash.

Have a great day!

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

This morning's workout left me spent. Four rounds of:

Lateral elevated box runs
    Goblet squats
    Double knee thrusters
    Heavy rope fun
    TRX table top rows
    Kb swings

I'll burn a few extra calories by walking into town.

Dinner tonight is undecided because I don't know who is going to be home.

Have a great day!

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

I wasn't at my best, but got through this morning's workout and I'm better off for it.

Dinner last night turned out to be pork chops served with a paprika cream sauce and a side of white rice. Dinner tonight will probably involve steak and roasted cauliflower.

9. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Can you go to the dealer, and have them change the software code for the key? I am not sure how they work, maybe it is like a garage door opener, and they can change the code. Or maybe they can deactivate the fob key you lost.