1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Thanks about the health report and I absolutely agree about the washer.

Thinking it was only a small fix we called an appliance repair person who informed us that to rectify the situation would cost as much as a new machine and strongly recommended we buy a new one. It's refreshing to have someone be so honest; it will hurt his wallet this week, but you can be sure I'll recommend him to neighbors and will call him again when another appliance needs work, which is bound to happen sooner or later. Hopefully later.

He also told us that the internals of most machines are the same and the price differential is in the bells and whistles so spending more doesn't equate to increased ongevity. Our previous machine had a lot of bells and whistles, this one not so many.

2. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Was the washer a top loader or a front loader? I have read the front loaders have more problems (but they look better, and use less water).

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Shamie, it was a top loader.

Tonight

It's only me for dinner so I'll be reheating leftovers.

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Exercise for the day will be walking, pushups, and planks.

Today is wifey's b'day and we're going to a new restaurant in town that she had dinner at two weeks ago during a girls' night out. Reservations are made and her present, her card, and roses are bought. I'm looking good. :-)

Have a great day!

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

A low key day; I thinking of making it a total rest day with the full intention of being at the gym tomorrow AM.

Dinner tonight is going to involve chicken breasts.

TGIF!

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

One of those days. Just a horrific breathing day, but I was at the gym this morning. I was close to useless, even after using my emergency inhaler, but there was a mental boost about not giving in and even though I wasn't up to par I'm better off for going.

Another Saturday another day of house stuff, but we're now done. I'm playing around with some seafood oriented ideas for dinner and keeping with the food theme I too a stab at making Tzatziki and it should be ready to eat in a couple of hours.

Have a great day!

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

My breathing issues continue, but it hasn't stopped me from working out. Some people are of the opinion that by me doing so I'm making my condition worse, but I'm not in that camp.

My wife and I lifted yesterday and this morning I worked out with my trainer. After 60 jumping jacks; 40 squats; and 20 pushups, my usual warm up I did 3 rounds of:

Medicine ball planks
    Heavy rope doubles
    Kb reverse lunges
    Db single arm squat presses
    Ball slams with a non bouncing ball
    Ab wheel rollouts

In the midst of my wheezing yesterday I truly gave thought to start running again on Tuesday. I'm still thinking about it, but haven't mentioned it to anyone because I know they would say it's a very bad idea.

Dinner Saturday night was shrimp in a garlic shrimp sauce served over brown rice. Yesterday was grilled hamburgers and a garden salad. Tonight is going to be baked chicken thighs with a to be determined side.

Have a great day!

8. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member

Hopefully the breathing is just a short term response to seasonal change. If you are able to run, I don't think anyone here will be against it.

9. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Hope breathing improves. Maybe this colder, windier weather we have been having, will improve the air quality this week.

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Thanks guys! I keep waiting for something to change hopefully this will shortly be a thing of the past.

Update

Exercise for the day has been walking and lifting a number of boxes of books from the basement to the front of my house for a charity pick up tomorrow AM.

No dinner plans because we have to attend a wake; it's going to take us at least 1.5 hours to get there.

Have a great day!

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Despite getting to bed later than usual I was at the gym by 6 this morning. There was a lot of lower body work and my legs are fried.

Wifey and dear daughter are going out to dinner with one of dear daughter's longest time friends and her mother who is also a long time friend of ours. Dear son felt that this plan gave us license to go out, but I nixed that I idea. He countered with me making burgers since he was working when I made them a few days ago. So I will. I'm not sure what the sides are going to be, but it won't be anything too labor intensive because I want to watch the Yankees-Astros baseball game.

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Exercise today will consist of walking, pushups, and planks.

Dinner last night turned out to be ground beef and hot Italian sausage meat sauce served over pasta with a side salad. Since the Seltzer women weren't home the Seltzer men ate dinner in front of the television watching the Yankees-Astros game. :) Dinner tonight is going to be baked cod stuffed with crab meat.

Have a great day!

13. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Almost time for leaf raking. Extra exercise. :)

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Wifey and I are of the opinion that the leaves are falling earlier than usual this year. Have you noticed anything similar?

Update

I was at the gym for a solo workout. Upper body oriented and just to change things up lower reps and higher weights.

No dinner plans of yet because I don't know who will be home. Regardless of what happens at dinner time, I'll be meeting some friends tonight to watch the Yankees-Astros game literally across the street from me.

TGIF!

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

This morning's workout was almost exactly the same as Wednesday's; lots of leg stuff and once again mine are tired. Which is great because we're going to a fundraising dance tonight. :-)

Dinner last night was chicken soup with corn meal crusted chicken. Tonight is likely to be seafood oriented and if I find some initiative I'll make homemade pasta.

Have a great day!

16. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Rest up those feet for tonight. :) I haven't noticed the leaves are falling earlier (but I have a poor memory), but so there has been little change in the color of the foliage. Today feels like a summer day. Enjoy.