1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Good job on the run. I wasn't going to do an update today, but I could not let your update be the only one today. :)

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Thank you!

Update

Yesterday wasn't the healthiest eating day, but coming on the heels of Friday's salt laden dinner in combination with decent portion control I managed to lose some of my bloat. Hopefully that will continue today.

I was at the gym this AM for a class that focused on core exercises with a smattering of high intensity cardio and upper body stuff. Presently my legs are shot and I'm sure I have some core soreness coming my way.

My plan for dinner tonight is burgers stuffed with mozzarella and basil and a side of corn on the cob. That may change if we're in the midst of a thunderstorm later; my grills are partially covered, but I don't necessarily feel like standing out there in the rain and will go to Plan B which is to probably pan fry them.

Have a great day!

#19502 Seltzer, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  3. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Nice run. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for the burgers

4. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Meal sounds good, I never heard of hamburgers stuff with mozzarella cheese. I heard of cheese melted on top of a burger, never stuffed in a burger. :)

It hasn't rained here yet, but looking at the sky, it is only a matter of time.

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Mac, it did. We didn't get any rain until hours after dinner, it continued through the night and is still raining as I type.

I decided to mix things up a bit. Just because. :-)

Update

Normally I'd be a the gym today, but I'm planning to run around lunch time.

Dinner tonight is going to be salmon with a herb vinaigrette using herbs from our garden and a cucumber salad using cukes from our garden. There will likely be some type of to be determined grain involved with the meal.

Have a great day!

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Exercise for the day was walking 1.5 miles round trip to meet a friend for breakfast. :-)

The balance of the day is going to involve a funeral and related events.

Have a great day!

7. macdiver

Bronze Member

Sorry for your loss. Too many funerals lately.

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Thanks Mac. Unlike your friend, who IMHO died too young, this man was the father of a friend of ours and was 92. An extremely kind, gentle, and funny man who lived long enough to have some quality years with his great grandchildren. Very sad, as always, but not tragic.

Update

It's been a chaotic day, nothing bad, but as of now I have not done any exercise and because I've had a lot of downtime taking care of some minutia of life issues I have some things I really need to tend to before we leave to pay a condolence call to the family of the deceased. IOW, the odds of my planned run happening are diminishing with each click of the clock.

No cooking for me tonight as the deceased's family has ordered food and told us to come hungry. That's within my skill set. :-)

Have a great day!

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

A poor and short run yesterday was followed by planks and pushups today. Better than nothing, but no too much on the exercise front. I'll be at the gym tomorrow AM.

I think dinner tonight is going to be leftovers, which will help clear some space in my refrigerators for the food I'm going to prep tomorrow for a BBQ we're hosting on Sunday. At last count the confirmed number of guests is 32. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow afternoon?

Wifey is going out with some women from our gym tonight; I've been invited, but am seriously leaning toward hanging at home.

TGIF!

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

The day got started with a good gym workout. Three circuits of three exercises each with ten seconds between each exercise. More stamina than strength.

A good chunk of the rest of the day is going to be devoted to prepping for tomorrow's party. We have no social plans tonight.

Have a great day!

11. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

At last count the confirmed number of guests is 32.

I give you a lot of credit for all the work involved having so many people over. Too stressful for me. But you are a pro.

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Certainly not a pro, but good enough not to screw things up. :-) Thanks for the kind words.

Update

Exercise for the day was party prep. :blank: Our guests will be here in about 40 minutes.

Have a great day!

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

The party was a big success and a lot of fun, but wifey and I are moving a tad slow today. That didn't stop me from going to the gym where, after some warm ups, I did three rounds of:

15 Kb goblet squats
    12 Kb Romanian deadlifts
    12 Bb incline bench presses
    12 Bb incline skull crushers
    15 Lat pulldowns
    15 Pushups
    12 Bb bicep curls

Dinner tonight is going to be leftovers.

Have a great day!

14. macdiver

Bronze Member

Glad the party was a success. Good job getting to the gym when you were beat from the day before. Leftovers, the best part of entertaining.

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Thanks Mac. Unlike some people I know we're fans of leftovers. Some more than others, but overall I hate wasting food. And, as you wrote, it's a bonus for putting in all the hard work of entertaining.

Update

I was going to run today but.......for some reason my feet are really swollen and a little bit achy. This happened a couple of years ago and when I spoke with my GP she told me it sometimes is a sign of an impending cardiac event (euphemism for heart attack) or blood clots. I was tested for both with very positive results so I'm not freaking out at the moment, but I've decided to not run and just take it easy today.

Dinner is going to be repurposing some of the leftover smoked chicken and flank steak into tacos, a suggestion by dear daughter.

Have a great day!

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

My exercise plan for the day is to hit the gym in a short while. Upper body stuff is on the menu.

Today is dear son's b'day and our family tradition is that the b'day child gets to pick a restaurant to go to. For tonight he's chosen a Japanese steak house.

It's going to be our last meal together as a family for almost 3 weeks because dear daughter is leaving tomorrow afternoon to vacation with her boyfriend. His place for a few days, then San Francisco and Maine. Not too shabby.

Have a great day!

#19516 Seltzer, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Pushups and planks at home were the exercises for the day.

Dinner is going to be leftovers.

Have a great day!

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Squats, deads, extensions, and calf raises were on the gym menu today.

We're leaving for vacation tomorrow so I have a bunch of packing ahead of me. I'm also cooking dinner for about a dozen people at the house tomorrow night so I have some meal preparation to do. I'm not bringing my bicycle, but will bring running gear and the plan is to do something every day.

TGIF!

19. macdiver

Bronze Member

Have a great vacation

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Thanks. We're going to LBI. Right now my son, who will be meeting us tomorrow, is in RB hanging out with some friends.