1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017
    Platinum Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I finally wore out the last pair of the Brooks Defyance 2's that I bought for the Philadelphia Distance Run way back when. Tried a bunch of different options this past summer before settling on the Brooks Ghost 8. Shoekicker.com alerted me to a good price on 'em a couple of months back ($49/pair) and I got three more pair.

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

M@, was that the race in Sept. 2008 that I also did?

Update

I had a few glasses of wine at the book club meeting, but used good portion control while there as well as during the entire day and I managed to gain over 3 pounds. I'm confident it will come off quickly, but I did a double take this morning while standing on the scale.

Wifey and I were at the gym this morning and since we got home about 2.5 hours ago I've been doing Mother's Day party related things.

We have no social plans tonight and I have a feeling after I'm done in the kitchen I won't feel like cooking dinner so we'll likely be going out for something to eat.

Have a great day!

3. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Tell Mrs Seltzer to have a Happy Mother's Day

Seltzer likes this.
  4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

I did Leftyx. Thank you very much and I hope you and your wife had a pleasant day.

Update

A belated happy Mother's Day to all.

The day sort of got away from me and I never posted, but rest assured I was up early (okay not Shamie early) to take care of some party stuff before heading to the gym. Upon coming home it was full bore cooking, hosting, and cleaning until 9:30. I think the first time I sat down all day with the exception of the short drives to and from the gym was about 4:30. It felt good; damn good. :lol:

It was an excellent, but exhausting day and I really had doubts about not only how I was going to perform during this morning's training session and considered not going. Of course I went, wound up having a great workout and am still reaping the mental and physical benefits of my time there. After warming up (jumping jacks, squats, pushups) I did three circuits of:

Stability ball Db ball one arm chest presses (12 per side)
    Stability ball Bb skull crushers (12)
    Stability ball Db flyes (12)
    Stability ball Bb close grip bench presses (12)
    Heavy rope fun (45 seconds)
    Planks (75 seconds)
    Sit ups (30)
    Bicycles (60)

Dinner tonight is going to be leftovers.

Have a great day!

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

The day started with a 1.5 mile round trip walk to meet a friend for breakfast. After that I went on a 2 mile run; no Garmin so no pace data.

Dinner tonight is going to be poached cod fillets with a lemon butter sauce that will be accompanied by corn with basil pesto.

Have a great day!

6. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

And so it begins. Only need 10x by the first Sunday in November. Easy Peasy. How was the breathing during the run? They are calling for a few days of poor air quality (ozone) due to the heat.

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Mac, let's hope it's began. I've so far had more than a couple of aborted attempts at consistently running, but now the calendar is not as friendly as it used to be although I still have plenty of time.

Update

I did an unexpected 3 mile walk with my daughter and dog yesterday afternoon. My exercise for today is going to be a strength and stamina class tonight.

Dinner is going to be tuna fish salad with elbow noodles mixed in. A nice cool meal on the hottest day of the year so far.

Have a great day!

8. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017
    Platinum Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Happy birthday! :spaz:

9. macdiver

Bronze Member

Happy Birthday.

10. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Happy Birthday. I hope that means you get to have some birthday cake today. :)

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Thank you gents.

Update:

Da plan: Get up early and start my run before it got too hot.
    Reality: Don't get up early and have it reach 85F by the time I'm ready to run.

I sucked it up and ran 2.5 miles on the dreadmill.

I won't be cooking tonight because I'm going to dinner with wifey, dear daughter, and her boyfriend who is coincidentally coming here today.

Have a great day!

12. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Do you feel older today?

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Yes!

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Today is a planned rest day so nothing to write about on the exercise front.

In non fitness news dear son finished his last undergraduate final this morning.

No cooking for me tonight because a buddy of mine is taking me out.

TGIF!

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

I had just a so so workout this morning, but it's done and I feel good about that. The afternoon will be filled with "house stuff" and tonight we're going to a fundraiser dance with dear daughter and her boyfriend. We'll be eating at home and the only thing presently decided is that chicken leg quarters will be involved.

Have a great day!

16. macdiver

Bronze Member

Does that mean your son is graduating this year? It seems he just started not that long ago. If so, pass on my Congratulations.

Seltzer likes this.
  17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Yes, Mac he's graduating and I'll pass on your sentiments. The ceremony is next Saturday so we'll be driving down Friday night because it's an early start to the day. Dear dog will be in her usual luxury accommodations while we stay in a Days Inn that's close to campus.

Dinner plans are solidifying. I'll be grilling chicken leg quarters, roasting beets, and baking oven fries.

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Last night's fund raiser dance was a lot of fun and given the amount of time spent of the floor shuffling around I was glad that this morning's gym session was not leg dominant. My plan is to rest for a little while and then go on a short run.

Have a great day!

19. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Yes, Mac he's graduating and I'll pass on your sentiments. The ceremony is next Saturday so we'll be driving down Friday night because it's an early start to the day. Dear dog will be in her usual luxury accommodations while we stay in a Days Inn that's close to campus.

Congratulations. I can't believe it has been 4 years already. What are your son's plans after college? Ready to start the work life, or going to graduate school?

When I was a kid, we sometimes went on family road trip to Florida during the summer. We stayed in Days Inn's. I haven't heard that name in years, didn't know they were still in business.

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Thanks Shamie. A lot of people are surprised about his graduation as they still remember him as dear daughter's little brother. His plans are to get employed (he's very close with two corporations) and go back to graduate school after a couple of years.

Yep, Days Inn is still around; because of your post I checked and it is now part of the Wyndham hospitality organization although the properties are individually owned and operated.

Update

I went on a 2 mile run which reinforced how bad my run conditioning is. After that I went on a 2 mile walk with wifey and dear dog.

Dinner tonight is going to be shrimp and grits with a side salad consisting of romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, seedless cucumbers, and a combo of black and green olives.