1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

How did the split pea soup turn out?

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Mac, it was very good. I had some as a snack yesterday and there's one more portion left which may not see tomorrow.

Update

It's a weird day that is sucking the energy from me, but for that reason I know I have to get my body moving and will either go on a walk or a run later. One of the best friends of mine and wifey died a few days ago after a long and painful battle with cancer and along with dear daughter we'll be going to her wake tonight. The dichotomy of the day is that while tonight is going to be tough I've spent a good portion of the morning focusing on celebratory things because I was hammering out touristy and dining options for our trip to Key West that starts Saturday AM. This is the trip that was postponed due to the death of wifey's father.

Have a great day!

3. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Sorry for your loss.

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Thank you.

5. macdiver

Bronze Member

Sorry for your loss. I presume this is the friend who has been sick for a little while. Doesn't make it easier but at least her suffering is over.

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Yes Mac, she's the one; the situation is extremely sad, but she badly suffered for a long time so, as you wrote, it's comforting to know that she's at peace.

Update

Not much to write, at least about fitness. I made good food choices, so I have that in my favor.

We'll be leaving shortly and will be gone most of the day.

Have a great day!

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

No exercise today, but I'll be at the gym tomorrow AM.

I think I wrote here a few weeks ago that due to the sudden death of my FIL we had to postpone our trip to Florida and that between the hotel and airline we were going to be banged for just short of $1000 in penalties and change fees. As of today that number is now ZERO, but it took way too much time to get it resolved. Both organizations originally took the corporate policy route, but they didn't realize who they were dealing with and once I moved a few levels up the corporate ladder all turned out well. For the record the airline was United so I hope me and wifey are now not targets.

8. macdiver

Bronze Member

United. :ohnoes:

Have a great vacation.

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Thanks Mac.

Re: United I hope we don't make it to the news or a viral internet video. :blank:

Update

I'll be at the gym this morning and then I have to take care of "going away" stuff. Nothing too onerous, more akin to a lot of little things.

We're going to dinner tonight with my sister and cousin so I won't be cooking for a while.

TGIF!

10. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017
    Platinum Member

Media:
    Albums:
    chuckNorris.jpg

Seltzer likes this.
  11. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Have a great vacation.

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Thanks.

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Rolling to the airport in about 10 minutes. Wishing all a fine week.

Have a great day!

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

We got back last night from a fine vacation. The weather was great and we experienced a very nice blend of touristy things, being active, eating well, reading, and visiting relatives. Specifically concerning exercise, we were away for eight days and the only days we did not do anything were the two travel days. The hotel was equipped with a very nice gym and me and wifey were there four times plus another two gym sessions while staying with my stepmother. In addition we walked at least eight and usually over ten miles a day with the end result being that despite having a week's worth of restaurant meals and a higher quantity than normal of “beverages of a certain type” I essentially did not gain any weight. It also helped that we made good food choices even if our portion control wasn't always up to par. Overall, I call that victory. I'll add that I planned to run while away, but it was so darn hot that I put it off; I did get on the dreadmill for a couple of short runs. Yep, you read that right, indoor cardio.

I was at the gym this morning and the working out while away paid off as I didn't lose strength although my stamina took a little hit.

Eight stations:

Bear crawls
    Sumo squats
    Heavy rope fun
    TRX table top rows
    High planks
    Riser sprints
    Pushups
    Kb deadlifts

Today will be a day of taking care of what needs to be taken care of. IOW, reality. Dinner tonight is going to be portabella mushrooms stuffed with sautéed spinach, onions, and garlic; mozzarella cheese; and a topping of panko bread crumbs.

I'll catch up around JSF as time allows.

Have a great day!

15. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Welcome back, Mr. Kotter.

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Thanks Phil.

Update

I'm sure in large part due to my activity while away I have no soreness from yesterday's workout. I'm meeting my trainer in a couple of hours for our normal Monday session and will report back on that afterward.

Have a great day!

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

As everyone who exercises regularly knows, no matter the mode there are going to be days that produce mediocre results despite an all out effort and there are other days which you wish you could somehow bottle the results and use the elixir for future great workouts. Disclaimer: this was not a veiled reference to PEDs. :nono:Getting back to my point, today was a day of the latter variety. :bb: Hoooray! I had an excellent workout and walked out of the gym very satisfied with the results.

My usual two rounds of warm ups

30 jumping jacks
    20 squats
    10 pushups

Three rounds of:

Incline Db bench presses
    Incline Db flyes
    Standing Bb curls
    Pushups
    Standing Db lateral raises
    Plank
    Ab wheel rollouts
    Bicycles

Dinner tonight is going to be linguini and clam sauce with a garden salad, a request of wifey.

Have a great day!

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

I went for a 1.5 mile round trip walk to meet a friend for breakfast and in a little while I'm going to lace 'em up for a short run.

Dinner tonight is going to be St. Louis ribs with a side of corn.

Have a great day!

19. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017
    Platinum Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It's a gorgeous morning here. I'm looking forward to a walk at lunch. Hoping it's still cool enough that I don't sweat through my work shirt.

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

It's about 70F with sunshine and low humidity, conditions that aren't too bad for a run, especially one as short as I'll be going on.

Hope you get your walk done without any sweat issues.