1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

You lucked out on the weather today, for walking around NY. Hope you enjoy the show, and write a review here. :)

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It was more below.

Absolutely lucked out with the weather.

Update

If you like Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm then you'll like A Fish In The Dark. Same humor and each of my group of six enjoyed themselves.

My original plan was to get into the city early, but the main thoroughfare that I needed to take was closed down so I actually arrived late for brunch. So much for getting free street parking and walking around. :rolleyes: I wound up paying $35 to park and had just enough time to eat brunch without really rushing. Oh well, a first world problem.

We stayed to watch Larry David come out of the theater and he spent a lot of time signing playbills and taking photos with the crowd.

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Stretching and two sets of ball crunches

Deadlifts: 1*5*135, 1*5*185, 3*5*205
    Db bench presses: 3*5*75
    Bb bent over rows: 3*5*110
    Triceps pulldowns: 3*5*120

Have a great day!

4. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Your day in the city sounded like fun (except the $35 for parking, yikes). I always meant to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm and never did; I imagine I'd like it.

5. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Nice lifts [emoji123]

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sadly, in Manhattan $35 is not exorbitant. And yes, it was a fun day once I got past the nightmare of a ride into the city.

I don't believe I've ever seen Curb Your Enthusiasm either.

FYI, yesterday I found out what my next book club book is going to be. It's Ghettoside: A True Story of Murder in America by Jill Leovy. I'm going to get it from the library later today.

Thanks.

Update

I have a routine doctor appointment later this morning during which she'll tell me I've gained weight. :rolleyes: After the appointment I'm going to go to the gym and deal with the dreadmill for about 30 minutes.

Have a great day!

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Doctor's visit went well and afterward I ran 3 miles on the dreadmill.

8. Bradley326

Bradley326 Active Member

Did the doctor tell you that you've gained weight?

9. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

It is sort of like Seinfeld, which make sense since Larry David was a creator and writer of Seinfeld. But while it is good, it is not as good as Seinfeld was (my review). But it is better than 95% of the junk that is on TV, which isn't that hard to accomplish. I took out the DVD's from the library.

Were you accurate in what you thought the doctor would say regarding your weight?

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm not surprised it's the same type of humor. Thanks for the info.

Yes, she made a remark, but it was mild since the change was minimal and I told here I started to run again.

11. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I just googled the book Ghettoside--it sure looks interesting. I imagine it could make for interesting discussion.

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I agree. I'm getting the book via my county's library loan system so I haven't started it yet, but from the little I know about it there should be some good discussions.

Update

Some stretching and 2 sets of ball crunches.

Deadlifts: 1*5*135, 1*5*185, 1*5*205, 2*5*225
    Db bench presses: 2*5*75
    Bb bentover rows: 2*5*110
    Db shrugs: 2*5*80
    Beer can curls: 2*5*45

A shorter workout than normal because I'm going for a massage this afternoon.

Have a great day!

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I wanted to run today, but my right knee is bothering me so I decided to walk instead. Meh.

Have a great day!

14. volleyball

volleyball Pickled

While that certainly sucks, kudos for listening to your body but still getting out and moving. :tucool:

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks. I'm just being cautious (and looking for an excuse to not get on the dreadmill). The temperature was about 20F when I walked so it wasn't too bad.

16. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

You need to embrace that dreadmill...its really not as bad as you think. Do you have an ipad that you could download a movie on? Once you get hooked on something the time goes by fast (minus the last 15")

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yeah, I would be better served. I do have an iPad and the gym has many televisions for viewing when doing the cardio as well as some machines that have personal screens.

18. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    I wish I had the coordination to read while running. I could do most of my web-surfing while being productive. :nod:

It was light enough out for me to see without a flashlight when I got up this morning (6am.) Spring is coming, hang on! :spaz:

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm not usually up early enough for the sunrise, but the sunset is definitely later than the solstice. Yay!

Update

No gym today because I used the time that would have ordinarily been devoted to that to visiting my father's grave. The anniversary of his death was yesterday, but I unfortunately spent most of the day thinking it was the 25th, not the 26th. I was beside myself when I found out. My father died in 2007, my mother in 1988, and my paternal grandparents, who are buried there also, died a few years after my mother. I have never missed visiting on their birthdays and the respective anniversaries of their death. Until yesterday. I'm still not totally over it, but I feel better after going today.

TGIF!

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Usually today would be a cardio day, but my right knee continues to bother me. I can't connect it to any specific event and I'm just going to wait it out. I still have plenty of time to train for the Broad Street Run, but I would really prefer to be more active than I am.

Hosting a small dinner party tonight and then we're going to a concert at an in town venue. The menu for tonight is:

Appys:

• Baked wonton wrappers filled with a layer of baby spinach and then salmon grilled with Dijon mustard and mixed with diced avocado
    • Butter bean hummus and crudité
    Main course:

• Indonesian ginger chicken
    • Mashed potatoes
    • Spinach pie

Dessert:

We're supplying fruit and an apple cake and the other guests will bring something.

Have a great day!