1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    185.3 Normally I'd be aghast at such a number, but it's 3.1 pounds less than yesterday's mega bloated reading. IOW, I lost half the bloat in one day.

This morning's workout started off with me feeling very weak. Fortunately it was because I grabbed the wrong db's. :rolleyes: After that mistake was identified things went more smoothly. Most exercises were the same as Friday with an additional rep on the overhead press.

Have a great day!

2. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

If you're like me you work out without your glasses. I can see (well maybe) how you could pick up the wrong DBs.

I hate it when I pick up one 40 and one 45 without realizing it and can't figure out why one side feels weaker.

3. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Did you gain all that bloat watching the fight? I know Saturday did some damage for me as well. At least half of it is already gone :tucool:

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I either wear my glasses or contacts when working out so I can't use that as an excuse. :bang:

I've done that also.

I didn't see the fight, but heard and read that Mayweather dominated. My mega bloat came about because Saturday night I broke a religious fast with food that was uber high in sodium. Happens every year.

Update

I haven't eaten much today and, for some reason, am not too hungry. I'm sure I will be so I better start thinking about what I'm going to make for dinner.

5. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Nice ten mile run. Hope the rest of your runs are as easy for now on.

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks. Obviously, I feel the same.

Update

182.4 I gained 6.2 pounds between Saturday and Sunday and I've lost 6 pounds since then. Whacky stuff, but I'm glad to have gotten rid of the bloat so quickly.

Short run in a little while.

Have a great day!

7. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

Ninja river!

Nice recovery and nice long run. I can sympathize a bit with being tired when extending your distance...and feeling the need to make the device say what you want it to. "Well, I guess I'm going an extra 120 metres" has come up more than a few times!

8. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

I forgot to tell you thanks for posting the pictures! I love the goofy signs. Speaking of Ireland...how's DD doing?

Switching over to kid 2...how's DS other knee doing?

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Indeed!

Thanks about the run. All the end of the run stuff was more for my head than my legs, but you already knew that.

Thanks about the pictures.

Dear daughter is acclimating and enjoying her social and academic experiences. All good on that front. Unfortunately she's still having mouth issues and noticed a couple of days ago that one of her teeth that is near the area that was infected is loose. She was supposed to see a dentist today, but we haven't heard from her.

Just like his sister dear son seems to be doing well with the academic and social stuff. He went to the doctor yesterday and was told he needs to wear his brace until Friday. After that he's supposed to do some exercises to strengthen his quads.

Update

While on my run I started to feel a very slight uncomfortableness in my right shin at the exact spot that I get shin splints. Not wanting to take any chances I stopped and walked home. A short mid week run is not the time to be a hero when there's so much at stake. Depending upon how I feel Thursday I may rest the leg or maybe cycle for the first time in forever.

I was planning on making some fresh pasta for dinner tonight, but have gotten lazy and will now use some boxed stuff I previously bought from the supermarket. It'll be served with a vodka sauce (that still needs to be made) and a side salad. Since coming back from Ireland I don't think I've mentioned what I've been cooking so I'll start with yesterday's dinner. I cubed the rest of the chicken thighs I smoked on Friday, cooked some brown lentils, and made a moderately spicy red curry. Threw it all together and we called it dinner. Also lunch today for me. :D

10. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

"182.4 I gained 6.2 pounds between Saturday and Sunday and I've lost 6 pounds since then. Whacky stuff, but I'm glad to have gotten rid of the bloat so quickly."

It is weird how the body can gain and lose pounds so quickly, and from so many different things! I was surprised a few months ago when I gained several pounds after being sunburned....I theorized that my body was probably trying to hold onto water. Checked it out on the 'net and found that many people reported the same phenomenon.

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I didn't know that getting sunburned caused one's body to do that, but it makes intuitive sense. Fortunately for me the bloat came from the pleasure of eating and not the pain of a sunburn.

Update

I overslept this morning so my day got off to an odd start and I'm still feeling tired. That's also odd because I was in bed early and had a good night's sleep. The gym is going to happen, probably in about an hour.

Have a great day!

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a solid workout this morning.

Some stretching followed by:

DB bench presses
    DB rows
    BB overhead presses
    Hyper extensions
    DB shrugs
    DB incline curls
    DB overhead tricep extensions

3 sets of ten reps or failure.

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:

My shin wasn't feeling 100% so I bagged running and went for a four mile walk. Better than nothing.

Wifey has a work thingy tonight and I have a Boy Scout meeting so I probably won't be making a full dinner. That said I still need to eat so I better come up with an idea. Last night was baked pork chops, mashed potatoes, and a salad.

Have a great day!

14. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Why are you still in the Boy Scouts when DS is done? Are you still a leader with the other boys??

15. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

You refer to your kids as DS / DD. I listen to the Adam Carolla podcast daily. He refers to his son as "sonny". I always thought he called him sonny, like you call you kids ds / dd. But it turns out, the kids name is Sonny. :)

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I no longer have any official position with the troop, but intend to go to some meetings even though dear son is at college. My rationale is that I've known many of the younger kids for years and want to watch their progress. Also, and probably more of a reason, dear son got a lot of help from some of the adults and as this is the first meeting of the year I want it known to them that I'm available to give support to any kid in the troop who needs it.

That's a funny story. :lol:

Update

I'm a little frustrated about not running this morning, but I know that walking was the right decision. Earlier today dear son told me he wants to come home from school to watch me run the marathon. My race day support team is growing. :D

17. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Good to see your back to 182, and that your marathon support group got an important new member :tucool:

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks Who!

19. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

Very laudable to support the troop even after DS has gone to college. And kudos on the growing marathon support crew.

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks about the troop support. Dear son was the beneficiary of others doing the same for him so I feel that the right thing to do is to give back when I can.

Team Seltzer for the marathon......the weak link is the guy who is running. :blank: Seriously, I'm glad that dear son wants to come home to be part of the event.

Update

The weights felt light, but my journal doesn't reflect it because I didn't increase in either weight or reps on any exercise. Strange, but thankfully I didn't go decrease either.

We're going out to dinner tonight with some long time friends; not sure where we're going, but I hope to bring my A, well at least B+, game because I'm slated to run a dozen miles tomorrow. I think my mantra is going to be, "I'm in training." It will keep me focused and people respect it.

I'm taking a cue from Shamie and will go to the library this afternoon to take out books related to marathoners.

TGIF!