1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Bob T

Bob T Well-Known Member

Enjoy!:tucool:

2. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Hope the seder was wonderful, Seltzer. You'll have to fill us in on all of the dishes, of course!

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    That must have been a very interesting experience. Since I didn't have to work the fields I used good portion control last night so the scale was friendly this morning. :)

Thanks Bob, I did.

Imelda, it was a fun time. Some people from the neighborhood and some relatives of the host who I've gotten to know were there. Rather than tell you what the host made last night, once I definitively hammer it out, I'll let you know what I'm making tonight.

Update

Good portion control last night resulted in the scale having the same reading as yesterday. I'll call that a victory.

Today's a cardio day and I'd like to steal about an hour to cycle. Between work, preparing for tonight, and some things I have to do with the kids it's going to be tight, but doable.

Have a great day!

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Harrumph! The weather gods have once again conspired against me by sending some rain my way. End result is that there will be no cycling today and while I could run, I don't want to because I'll be doing so tomorrow.

Kitchen stuff is chugging along and I'm where I need to be. Taking into consideration the dietary likes and dislikes of the small gathering I'll be serving:

Gefilte Fish
    Matzo Ball Soup
    Roasted Chicken Breasts with EVOO, rosemary, and garlic
    Matzo Brei
    Spinach Pie
    Honeyed Carrots

My sister is bringing dessert.

I bought the Gefilte fish, but everything else is homemade from scratch.

5. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

nice jars

[​IMG]

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :lol:

7. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Don't forget the wine. :nod:

8. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

Good runs and good food. Life is nice in Chez Seltzer.

9. Mauidude

Mauidude Active Member

At least you were spared the tornadoes that tore through the south. What a tragedy. I know everyone in the east will be glad when the spring showers have passed. It seems to have been a long winter.

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Never! :)

Yep, no complaints.

MD, I absolutely agree with you. The minor inconvenience I experienced is nothing compared to the folks that were impacted by the tornadoes. Terrible stuff there.

Yes, it's been a long winter and I think everyone is ready for a string of nice spring days.

Update

Wifey and I ran 3.5 miles this morning and for some reason both of us thought that it was harder than it should have been. After that I went to the gym and had the same type of experience. It wasn't as if I was performing worse than normal, just that the weights felt heavy. I've been home for almost two hours and I'm still wiped out from moving the iron; my limbs feel heavy, but I'm glad I went and I'll be doing some gripper work this afternoon.

Have a great day!

11. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

I experience the same feeling when I am dehydrated. How was your water intake in the last 48 hours?

Matzo Ball Soup! :spaz::claphigh::tucool:

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I may be a little dehydrated. I've been drinking a lot of water/selzter today so hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was very happy with the way it came out. There's still some broth left, but somehow all the matzo balls got eaten. :lol:

Update

Most of my calories today will be coming from last night's leftovers. There will be no cooking tonight. :D As I wrote to Ryan I'm focusing on hydrating today and am presently at about the half gallon mark with more to come.

13. george mavridis

george mavridis Active Member

I love leftovers, yes no cooking. I made a big pot of bean & vegetable soup on Monday and have been eating that for dinner everynight since. Today I'm making lentil soup and will have that for the next few days ( for a change).

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A large majority of my mid day meals are leftovers from previous dinners. In fact I'll often purposely cook enough so that that will be the situation. With things that freeze and reheat will, like casseroles and soups, I'll make a double batch and freeze half. Lentils. :eat: I may have to make a batch for tonight as a side dish for the steaks I'll be grilling.

Update

Gripper work never got done yesterday because the grippers were in my car and.....:o.

Today's a cardio day and I'm planning on going out for a short and easy bicycle ride later this morning. I know once I get moving I'll feel like going harder and farther, but I want to save my legs for Saturday's big run.

Have a great day!

15. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Is the Vermont marathon hilly?

16. Bob T

Bob T Well-Known Member

Thursday is left over day at our house...
    And right now, the wife has school on Thursday nights, so it works out well...

Of course we wouldn't need a left over day if my wife would stop cooking for 6 when it is only the two of us...
    It's her Swedish heritage coming out...one must always be ready for guests....:)

Bob

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    There are two hills of consequence, one at around mile 7 and one at mile 15. In general it's not as hilly as one would think. Of course when I'm actually running the darn thing I may be feeling differently. :D

Guests...one must always be prepared for the unexpected. :)

When there is no school the next day I'll often get a last minute request for one of my kids' friends to have dinner with us.

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I never got to that bicycle ride. As I was about to leave something came up and I don't see how I'll have time later on. Bummer.

19. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

When I'm actually drinking a beer while you run... I won't be thinking about them at all. :dance:

20. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

:wave: so what's on today's agenda in Seltzerland?