1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

congrats on tomorrow! :claphigh: :madpimp:

you're on a great family roll right now. and the game tonight too...lots of fun.

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks and yes. ;)

Agreed. We've been doing a lot of family activities lately. Fortunately whether it's with my small family or wifey's much larger one, everyone gets along.

I'm looking forward to having a fun time with dear son tonight.

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Dear son and I had a fun time at the game last night and the Nets showed why they have they record they do. There are some reasons for muted optimism, and they had opportunities to win, but lost by three. We ate before got to the arena and except for one sip of dear son's soda I had nothing so it was a good day nutritionally. I was low on the hydration part of the equation and will address that today.

Today's a cardio day and I hope to get a short run done around lunch time. I have a number of work related things on my plate and I still need to figure out what to get wifey for our anniversary, but I should be able to steal enough time to run 3.5 miles.

Have a great day!

4. musclenerd79

musclenerd79 Active Member

I've been following this thread as a guest since the start.

Want to say that this is a great thread and inspiring to me!

Thanks!

5. livedog

livedog Well-Known Member

Have a great anniversary, Seltzer!

6. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary! Hope you and wifey have a great day! How many years???

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You're welcome and thank you for your kind words. Chime in whenever you want to.

Thanks LD and KK. This is our twenty fourth. We started seriously dating about 5 1/2 years before that so I've been with wifey since about when Deja was born. :D

Update

I decided to buy myself an anniversary present today, a new left front tire. Yeah, I treat myself well. When did I decide to bestow my self with a gift of such grandeur? Right after I drove into a moon crater sized pothole on the highway and cut the side wall. :mad:

I gave momentary thought to telling wifey that it was what I got for her, but my self preservation gene took over and decided that I better find her something more appealing. Fortunately, I did so aside from picking up her roses at the florist in about an hour I'm set.

On to fitness. I was able to get out for a short eight mile bicycle ride around 1 PM. Man, do I have a lot of training to do if I'm going to be ready for next month's charity ride. My back started to tighten up a little bit, a disturbing development, so I'm going to have to be mindful about stretching it before I cycle in the future.

8. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

The wisdom of, how many years of married bliss?

happy anniversary, Paul (and sorry about the darn pothole!)

9. modmaven

modmaven Well-Known Member

Happy anniversary, Paul!

10. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

You should have gotten one tire for each of you, that would be pretty romantic. :heart: I thought when you replace tires, you are supposed to replace them in pairs?

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks Jedi, both for the good wishes and for your sentiments about the pothole.

As for wisdom after being with the same person for just shy of three decades, yeah I've learned a few things along the way. Otherwise I wouldn't be here writing. :D

Thanks MM.

You really need to look up romantic in the dictionary. :lol: I'm sure that for some women that would be the proper anniversary gift, but not for wifey. :nope:

If the tire is being replaced due to wear then usually the others are not far behind, but this tire was relatively new (another reason for :mad:), as was its partners, so there's no reason to change any of the other three.

Update

Roses are in the house and the cards are filled out.

I didn't write it earlier, but I almost didn't go out to cycle this afternoon. The weather wasn't great, although it is now :blank:, and the scheduled and unscheduled :mad: events of the day had me running late. I seriously gave thought to staying in my office, but I reasoned that after my window of opportunity passed I would be made at myself for not going AND I'd have to come here and write about how I weenied out. I know that's not a real word, but it somehow fits. So I went and I thank all my JSF friends for your helping hands.

12. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

:shifteyes:

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yes, I know its an idiom and I've possibly expanded the scope of how the term is normally used, but I think I'm within the safe harbor of usage and the grammar police need to holster their weapons.

In case I'm way off, consider backing off as an anniversary present to me. :D

14. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

It just made me feel a little dirty. Who's been handling you, Paul?

:D

15. kree-kree

Apprently we will be handeling him some more...he's on line and its 5:48...wheres wifey on this special night? :madpimp:

:lol:

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :lol:Choppie, there's been only one person handling me for a long, long time. You get one guess who that is. ;)

It's now 6:20 and wifey will be walking through the door in about five minutes. The, emmm, festivities will commence promptly afterwards. Soooo, I think this will be my last post of the day.

17. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you and wifey, Seltzer! Twenty-four years is a lotta lovin'!:nod:
    Sorry about the tire. Potholes: Winter's way of getting in one, final, evil laugh! :mad:

18. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

better file down those callouses.

19. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

:spitwater:

20. kree-kree

:spitwater:
    Ok that was fricking funny....

I busted out a loud laugh on that one! No one wants ruff hands anywhere :nono:

8 a.m. and Mr. Seltzer has not posted....
    Must of been one crazy night:pillowfight: