1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Pure sarcasm with the "reward" comment. I agree with you about the clothes which I think was really wifey's point, that I need to get some perspective. I'm not buying it though because what's considered the norm as far as what's healthy is not how I want to be.

Thanks about the clothing fit.

Less hair, more wrinkles, more aches, and try as I might nothing works as well. That's me. I've also put on some weight in a good fashion, mostly in my lower body.

Update

I'm in the process of cobbling together a new lifting plan going forward. It always feel so wrong to eliminate deads, squats, and lower body work in general so that I can save my legs for the long training runs ahead of me. I know the squats, leg extensions, and the like have to go, but I may experiment with keeping the deadlifts. I'm a little concerned about creating a muscle imbalance and I'm not sure how the deads will impact my running, but I'm willing to give it a try. I'll know soon enough whether or not it was a good idea.

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I lost almost half the weight gain from the night before and hope to eliminate and hopefully some more by tomorrow. I'm probably ambitious with that thought and won't be terribly disappointed if it doesn't happen, but it would be great if it did.

I've put together a full body routine for this morning and will present details about it after I return from the gym.

Busy day today so I'd better get back to it.

Have a great day!

3. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

Last night I tried to put on a suit that I hadn't worn in a couple of years. It wouldn't fit over my shoulders, and in order to get it on I had to lift my shoulders up to my ears. Surprisingly, this was not a good look. The good news is that my shoulders have grown and my belly is pretty much the same size. The bad news is I have to spend for some new work clothes. :blank:

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:

Your proportions are changing for the better. :tucool:

Update

The full body workout this morning was a nice change of pace and I was accurate with estimating what loads to use so I should be dialed in by Wednesday. I'm thinking of tweaking the order that I used today and once I make a final determination I'll post all of the exerices.

5. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd be more embarassed to be wearing a 20 year old suit. Does it have wide lapels and pleated pants?

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :lol: No, it's a conservative business suit that I bought when I was still working for a large investment bank. While not the most enlightened person when it comes to sartorial matters, I'm not exactly cluesless either. ;)

Update

Gripper work was not done today; since forgetting to take the grippers to Florida I've been very neglectful. This must stop.

I took my bicycle into the shop today to get a makeover. I haven't ridden in months so I'm looking forward to spending some time in the saddle now that the weather is turning and the road conditions are improving. I have a century to ride in two months so I'm seriously behind the training curve. Why do I put myself in these situations?

The Best Is Last

The Seltzer family is having a house guest tomorrow. Dejavued will be here and the family and I are looking forward to spending time with her again. Tomorrow's pretty much spoken for once she arrives, but I'm confident we'll hit hit the gym on Wednesday. Wifey had already planned to work from home on that day and go for a short run with me during lunch time so aside from work, which really needs to get done, it should be a fun day.

7. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

:dreamy: Enjoy your day! You all know how to reach me ;)

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It would be even more fun with the Kree Kree family out here. :)

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Deja is in the house!

Our exercise for the day is going to be walking around NYC for a few hours before dinner.

Have a great day!

10. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

:claphigh:

Which senior citizen are you going to assault this time, Paul? :nope:

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You'll have to wait until after we come back from the gym tomorrow; I never pre plan those incidents. :lol:

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Leaving in a few minutes for NYC with Deja. Later....

13. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Thought I'd check in to see how the day with Deja went, but you're probably too tired from all that fun to have posted! (If there were a "green with envy" emoticon I'd put it right here) Sigh....and don't forget to fill us in on whatever gourmet feast you throw together tonight. :dreamy:

14. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

This, quite possibly the shortest update ever from Seltzer, is so ripe with potential that it's exploding off the page. :dreamy:

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Imelda, your post was more prescient than you know. We're all tired after yesterday's fun. Details below. :) We did have a gourmet dinner last night, but it wasn't from my kitchen as we stayed in NYC. Tonight will be a different story; no gallivanting, dinner at home, and hitting the hay at a much more reasonable hour.

The potential for a great day yesterday was fully realized. :nod:

Update

Deja and I and spent a solid two and a half hours walking and chatting yesterday, mostly in Central Park and the rest on the Upper West Side. We then stopped in for a beverage at a mid town watering hole across the street from where I once worked. Wifey met us there and we then moved on to to a restaurant for dinner where we met Paddy who was in the city for business. In the midst of dinner we were joined by K3vbo so what was already a fine day was taken to an even higher level. Four JSFers and wifey; it was great.

The hours flew by and before we knew it the clock read 12:30. :eek: This was problematic for a couple of reasons. First, it was late to be out on a school night and second the parking lot where our car was at closes at 1 AM. We scurried out, barely saying goodbye to Paddy and K3vbo, caught a cab, and literally retrieved the car with three minutes to spare. Far too much stress after such a relaxing day, but the events worked out well for the good guys and we had a collective sigh of relief as we exited the parking lot.

The ride home, which should have been 25 minutes at most, took an hour due to some terrible traffic, but with the specter of us not being able to get the car last night no longer an issue we just dealt with the situation. The result was that we didn't walk through my front door until 2 AM. Unfortunately for me I still had to drive dear son to school at 7:40. :sleep:Guess what, there are three tired hombres in the house and while our plan to be at the gym by 8 AM didn't happen, but we're going to be heading over there in about 15 minutes.

Have a great day!

16. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    What' the agenda for the rest of the week? I've got a couple free days between now and the weekend. Feel free to give me a call...

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I don't know what Deja's plans are; she's downstairs now trying to figure it out. I'll let you what's going on when there's some info.

Update

Although delayed by a few hours we eventually made it to the gym. Here's the tale of the tape. All exercises with the exception of the shrugs were done with a first set of either ten or failure, whichever came first; followed by two sets of five or failure, whichever came first.

No ab work this time.

Deadlifts @185: 10 @205: 5,5
    DB Bench @65: 10 @75: 5,3
    DB Row @65: 10/8 @75: 5/4 5/4
    DB Pullover @65: 10 @75: 5,3
    BB Overhead Press @75: 10 @85: 5,5
    DB Shrug @80: 12 (reached self imposed rep limit for set), 6 (to failure)
    Concentration Curls @40: 10/7 @45 5/3 3/2
    Overhead Triceps Extension @55: 10, @65 5,4
    Triceps Pulldown @ 110: 10 @130: 5,5

It was tough to get through in our sleep deprived state, but we're both glad that we went. Especially now that it's over. :D

18. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

:spaz: me too! lol

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :ohnoes: Phil, you're now officially in the loop and know as much as I do.

20. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Dear God, how many people has Deja met??? I think she has everyone beat!

Seltzer
    Kree
    Paddy
    Kev
    Lonestar
    E
    Jedi
    Phil