1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm ahead of where I need to be for the Burlington run as I've been keeping to the schedule I prepared when I thought I would be running a full marathon on May 1. I'm going to make some adjustments to my plan in the weeks to come so that I don't peak too early. Additionally, now that the ice, snow, and cold of winter is hopefully in the rear view mirror (I know I'm jinxing myself) I need to get my ass on my bicycle because I have my annual charity ride on May 14 and I haven't ridden in many months.

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Recently finished a 3.4 mile run with wifey. At the moment she's a little intimidated by Saturday's six miles, but she's going to be fine. It's always harder looking up at the next big run.

3. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

I definitely don't think you bored her.....probably charmed her to pieces, the whole lot of you! Hope you're all caught up on the sleep now.....just think, Daylight Savings Time starts in a few weeks! It'll feel like coming out of hibernation!:spaz:

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yeah, I got a good night's sleep last night so the bags under my eyes are not as puffy and I'm feeling more rested. As long as I don't do anything stupid tonight I'll really be in fine shape tomorrow. :D

I can't wait for DST; March 13 is the date and it can't come soon enough.

5. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

wasn't bored a bit. i'm easy peasy. :)

ditto on the dst! can't freakin wait. and sun. and warmth. oooh la la.

glad to read wifey got back in the running shoes after this weekend. :evil:

did i ever report how dinner was??? let's just go with :drool: . egg smoked chicken.... lol..... and of course.... andy's chipotle sweet potatoes. killah. :nod:

thanks again for everything!!! :love:

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Always glad to help a friend and yes, you are an easy peasy guest. :tucool:

As we were getting ready to run today wifey asked why we hadn't run this past Saturday and I had to remind it was because we were up so late on Friday. :lol: :tucool:

Thanks about the food kudos; it was pretty hectic that night with all of dear daughter's friends over which also caused me to dramatically change my schedule midstream, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. DD has asked me to make the caramelized cauliflower and broccoli for the past two nights :lol: and the leftover chicken and sweet potatoes never made it past yesterday.

It was a good day for you today and I hope tomorrow goes even better. :tucool:

7. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

I'm sure she thought your were Mímir. :cool:

8. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

:dreamy: So. Jealous. :drool:

9. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

So no one wants to visit me and watch me George Foreman Grill chicken breast for them every night? No one? Yeah I think I can hear the crickets farting with that offer :lol:

10. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

This could be a new JSF challenge. "Who can get Déjà to come and stay and for how long?":D (of course, I say this as I do think I am winning, thus far ;))

11. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

Like I said, I've already put a bucket in the basement and everything. :shifteyes:

:whistle:

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I hope I don't meet the same beheading fate that he did. :scared:

With an offer like that you're going to have forum members bashing down your door. Maybe. Or not. :) ;)

Looks as if I'm going to have to come up with some new incentives for Deja to come back if I plan to win this one. Whatever I come up with, it's going to be tough to top Choppie's generous offer. :lol:

Now there's an attractive offer. :confused: :lol:

Update

Today would normally be a cardio day, but since I've run the past two days and I think I'm going to just do some stretching and then spend some time figuring out what type of lifting I want to do for the next few months.

Have a great day!

13. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

i suggest....heavy lifting. :dreamy:

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:

Padddy, I'll be a the gym tomorrow morning to do just that.

Update

Can't say I've been very active today; my only activity has some stretching.

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I was hoping to be at the gym by about 7:45 after taking dear son to school, but my oil burner isn't running and I have to wait for a repair person. I have a suspicion that my oil company missed a delivery and the tank is empty.

TGIF!

16. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

HUH???:confused:

TGIF!

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:

The tank is inside in my basement and has a very hollow sound when I tap on it. When I called the oil company a remark was made that "we have a ticket for delivery for you." so I'm hoping that this will be a quick fix and I can be on my merry way to the gym shortly.

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It wasn't the oil level that caused the problem because although it was low there was plenty in the tank. It turned out to be some small internal furnace part that failed. It's all fixed and the house is starting to heat up.

I'm off to the gym for a delayed workout.

19. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

oil heat is warm heat. the house i grew up in had oil. i remember the oil man coming and the smell of new oil from the truck. a warm house. :dreamy:

heat pumps have no character.

20. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

It puts the lotion in the basket?:eek:
    Never been in a house heated by oil. We have the basic gas forced air heaters out here in Colorado. Hot water heaters are the bomb though.