1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

:no:

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yeah, not exactly a fun morning and an outcome that didn't justify the effort. We move on.

Today's a gym day and I'll be there in about 45 minutes.

TGIF!

3. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

After hearing of my sister's experiences with tow trucks in Somerville MA, I'm pretty sure we could solve our al Qaeda problem by getting one of those schmucks to boot his horse. Or something. :curses:

In the count-rah they're like white knights. :dreamy:

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :lol:

There's no animus to the towing company; they were only doing what they were tasked to do. The blame is with the police department which should have put the signs up the night before so that anyone parking in the area, be they a high school student or someone someone driving to a near by bus stop, would have been forewarned no to park there. They put up the signs after school had started and presumably any commuters had gotten on their respective buses and then made an announcement in the school. IOW, if you weren't in the school building you were screwed.

Update

I'm ready for a change in my workouts, but don't know I'm going to do next so to keep things interesting today I somewhat randomly switched the order of my exercises. It definitely made a difference in the number of reps I was able to do and kept me mentally engaged. Gripper work will be done this afternoon.

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Gripper work is done!

In other news I'm going to have a guest this weekend, the one and only Dejavued! She'll be here a little after 9 tonight. :tucool:

6. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

:dreamy:

Enjoy each other, I know you will :) wish I was with you.

7. Chopaholic

:scared:

#10307 Chopaholic, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks Jedi. I'm sure we'll have a good time.

Yeah, those are our plans for the weekend. How did you know? :lol: Actually, Wifey has a girls night out tonigt with some neighborhood friends to celebrate on of their birthdays so when Deja shows up.....:madpimp:

9. Chopaholic

Honey... I think we need to talk. I think you might not know but deja? Is gay.

I'm so sorry Paul. :hug:

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    What???!!!! :eek: Her invitation has been withdrawn.

Between that little detail and the fact that I'm old enough to be her father it doesn't appear that my plan is going to reach fruition. Drats, foiled again. Thank you for letting me know so gently. :D;):lol:

11. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

yes, but chop just called you honey which is so :dreamy:.

plus a work out tomorrow with ironwoman? so :dreamy:.

i'm happy for all involved. :claphigh:

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    That absolutely did not go unnoticed. :love:

We haven't talked about much, but in the back of my little pea brain I'm thinking maybe Sunday. At least for me and my family it's a better time than tomorrow AM and I know that Deja wants to get into NYC tomorrow to check it out so it may work out best for all.

Thanks Paddy. I'm looking forward to it.

13. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Uh-oh, Deja's here on the east coast? :eek:Was gonna take it easy this weekend, but now I'm feelin' the heat: the Iron Maiden is within butt-kickin' range!

14. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

:spaz: I had to remind myself I have responsibilities here this weekend, otherwise I was going to start road-trippin' northward. I'm so jealous of the Seltzer/Deja meetup. :dreamy:

15. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

:nod:

16. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly!:nod:

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Well come on up, we're having a great time. :nod: Yesterday Deja and the Seltzer family spent the day bopping around NYC and in about an hour dear daughter, Deja, and I will be going to the gym to move some iron. It's all good.

Have a great day!

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Okay, some more detail about the weekend with Deja. After a very late night on Friday and consequently a late start to the day and NYC on Saturday we again stayed up later than I expected that evening. Great conversation, some seriousness and lots of laughs, but unlike the previous night we knew that we had an agenda the following morning so went to sleep at a somewhat more reasonable hour. Kinda, sorta. :D By 9:30 Sunday morning wifey was at yoga and dear daughter, Deja, and yours truly were fueled up and on our way to the gym. Yes, I got to lift with Deja. :claphigh: I did my Monday routine and crossed paths enough with her to tell one and all that in case anyone doubted it she's the real deal. :nod:

The Seltzer family had plans for the afternoon and after a little arm twisting convinced our guest to join us for what I'm sure what a very unexpected way for her to spend her day. Stop number one was to visit my father's grave to recognize the fourth anniversary of his death, I'm sure not exactly the type of thing that Deja even remotely thought she would be spending any time doing while here. Really, who would? We then proceeded to go to wifey's parents' house to spend some time with them. My MIL is still recovering from her surgery so she wasn't up for any cooking and we wound up going out to a very early (think almost late lunch) dinner at a local diner. Dear Deja spent the day immersed in the whole Seltzer family experience and was a really good sport about it.

It was an odd weekend for nutrition in that for various reasons our meals were spaced far apart and infrequent. IOW, very different than the way I normally eat and there was more than one time that I felt the effects of the large times between meals. For the most part what I ate was relatively clean and portion control was decent. Yes, I had a total of seven M&M's after we visited the Times Square store on Saturday, some potato chips while at my inlaws on Sunday, and more alcohol than most weekends, but nothing to the point of excess or foolishness. End of full disclosure.

Believe it or not for all the time that Deja was here the only thing I cooked for her, if you can even call it that, was a toasted bagel. :lol: I kind of feel badly about that, but it's just the way our schedule worked out. It will have to wait until next time. She'll be on her way today and all I can say is that I hope that Deja had as good a time as I did.

I'll be doing some gripper work today as my exercise as well as some stretching.

Have a great day!

19. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

But I bet its the best toasted bagel she has ever had!:lol:

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Fortunately I didn't burn it. :D