1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a great workout this morning; the total opposite of last Thursday's fiasco. Three rounds of:

Single arm Db presses while lying on a stability ball
    Reverse plank on a stability ball
    TRX mid rows
    Push ups
    Db bench rows
    Bench dips
    Stability ball planks
    Db one arm squat presses

Have a great day!

macdiver likes this.
  2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Late post. Two miles walking alone and another two with dear dog.

Dinner last night was a concoction of chicken thighs with a mushroom sauce whose base was made from a turkey I smoked earlier. The side was TVP so no carbs at dinner last night.

Have a great rest of the day!

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It is and is going to be a busy day, but with very little exercise; certainly nothing involving the gym.

Dinner last night was a chuck roast I had in a sous vide bath for many hours, put a quick sear on it, and served with a gravy made from the purge. The side was rice.

Have a great day!

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Exercise for the day so far has been chopping and stirring. We're hosting a party on Saturday for about 25 people and I wanted to get a head start on some of the dishes. It's our first pot luck party and people will be bringing appetizers and desserts. The entrée portion will be supplied by us and it's bringing back a theme that we used to do when hosting dear daughter's family b'day party. I'm making a couple of hearty soups, split pea and potato leek, as well as an Irish stew and I'm going to smoke some ribs. The idea of a soup and stew party was very well received when I mentioned it to the invitees.

Wifey is having a colonoscopy this afternoon so she couldn't eat dinner last night; since it was just me and dear son I threw him a bone and cooked pasta. We had linguini and clam sauce.

In non fitness news, sometime between now and 6:00 tomorrow night I have to read about 140 pages of my book club book and be ready to discuss it. I also have to come up with a gift idea for wifey; she's given no hints and I don't have a clue. Ugh!

Have a great day!

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Hello fellow JSFers. If none of you have ever known anyone who had two cars totaled in less than four weeks you now do. I previously wrote about the car that was T-boned and this latest episode involved a car that had its evaporator box fail and due to water and moisture accumulation there was mold and electrical damage. Sooo…...I now will have to start thinking about getting another vehicle, which was absolutely not on my radar.

For exercise I did two sets of fifteen pushups. Not much, but better than sitting on the couch eating potato chips.

No cooking tonight because I have a book club meeting, but I did smoke four racks of St. Louis ribs today for tomorrow's party.

TGIF!

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Four rounds this morning of:

Trap bar dead lifts
    Ball slams
    Pistol squats
    Agility exercises
    Walkouts with up downs
    Db squat presses with reverse lunges

Party prep is going fine.

Have a great day!

7. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Didn't know a car had an evaporator box, and the important part it played, since now the car has to be replaced.

F-Y-I, if you plan on buying a Tesla, the last federal incentive expires in 2019, so if you take delivery in 2019, you get the federal tax credit of $1,875. If you buy the model S, you also get free charging for the life of the car. Also in NJ, there is no sales tax on electric cars.

You can see I contemplated buying a Tesla. But in the end what discourages me, is that it will sit in the parking lot all day when I go to work.

That is almost exactly what I did yesterday, but I sat on a chair, not the couch. :)

8. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Sorry to learn of your car issues but I am glad the second one was a mechanical issue and not another crash.

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    In the week since the issue was diagnosed I've spoken to a number of people, not mechanics, but friends, and nobody had ever heard of an evaporator box.

I've reached out the insurance company to find out what the settlement will be as well as whether or not they will cover the rental expense for the next few week since they totaled the car. My adjustor is absolutely horrible about communicating. It's definitely a first world issue, but our lives will be much easier with two cars so I'm starting to do some research about a new ride. One of my requirements is that it's four wheel drive or whatever proprietary name the company gives it. I still have some other macro decisions about new or used as well as budget.

Thanks Mac. Cars can be replaced and they're not as important as injury avoidance.

Update

No time yesterday to post. Our party on Saturday was a lot of fun and we were up to about 1 AM cleaning yet still made it to the gym for a workout on Sunday. The effort was there, but the results were mediocre. After that there was some cooking involved for our pot luck hiking club party which was about 1 1/4 hours away. I'm tired, but had a very good workout this morning. Three rounds of:

Flat bench Db presses
    Flat bench Db flyes
    Flat bench Bb skull crushers
    TRX mid level rows
    Push ups
    One arm Db bench rows
    Planks
    Ab wheel rollouts

Tonight will be quiet and we probably won't be up too late.

Have a great day!

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a routine pulmonologist appointment this morning and all went well. I think I finally have the right cocktail. No gym today, but I'll do some exercises at home.

No cooking last night as we had leftovers.

Have a great day!

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Crunches, bicycles, and planks at home today.

No real cooking last night. Wifey hosted a cookie swap and while I did no baking I was a junior sous chef for some of the snacks and reheated soups from Saturday's party. No cooking tonight because wifey and I were given free tickets to a hockey game.

Have a great day!

12. macdiver

Bronze Member

That is good news.

Seltzer likes this.
  13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thank you!

Update

Aside from a 1.5 mile round trip walk in sub zero wind chill factor weather to meet a friend for breakfast I'm not sure what my exercise for the day will be; if I have some time I'll go to the gym, but most likely I'll do something at home.

'Twas a fun evening at the hockey game last night even though I didn't know any of the players and barely understood the strategies that were employed. I purposely ate before going, but unexpectedly I was bought a tray of chicken tenders and French fries and it would have been insulting to not indulge so I did. There was also a beer involved.

Wifey has her holiday party tonight so it's just me and dear son for dinner. Dear daughter and her BF will arrive late tomorrow night. :dance:

Have a great day!

#20893 Seltzer, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Walked two miles round trip to get what will likely be the finishing touches on wifey's holiday gifts. Because I'm an idiot I have to do essentially the same walk this afternoon to get my sister a GC at a local restaurant. After that It's going to be a rest day, but I'll be at the gym tomorrow AM.

Dinner last night was fusilli with seared shrimp and sautéed spinach and garlic.

TGIF!

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A tough workout this morning. Four rounds of:

Ab wheel rollouts
    Explosive step ups with Db's
    Heavy ropes
    Walkouts with a pushup and up downs
    Reverse lunges with Db shoulder raises, forward and lateral
    Kb goblet squats
    Renegade rows

Today we're hosting a ten person holiday party that starts in one hour.

Have a great day!

16. macdiver

Bronze Member

That was a tough workout

Enjoy your party.

Seltzer likes this.
  17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yes the workout was a tough one.

Thanks about the party. It was a lot of fun.

Update

A rare pre workout post since after the gym today we have a very small window to get ready and leave to meet some of my cousins to see a Broadway show and then go out to dinner. Dear daughter will be going to the gym with me and wifey and it's going to be fun working out with her even when she shows me up on everything.

Have a great day and to those who celebrate, best wishes for a happy first night of Chanukah!.

18. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Everyday I enter the lottery for Hamilton tickets, they are $!0.00 each, so far I haven't won. My sister and her husband won twice. My cousin's wife won, but couldn't go see it that day. I am sure you know this already, but they are $10.00 because Hamilton is on the $10.00 bill. It is hard to win now, the lottery became much more popular, in NY they get over 80K entries everyday.

Hope you enjoy whatever you are seeing. Happy Chanukah.

19. macdiver

Bronze Member

Chag Sameach

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I didn't know about the Hamilton lottery. Considering the amount of entries that's really something that you've had so many family members win. Yesterday we saw American Utopia, which was written by David Byrne. Most of the music was from a recent album of his along with three songs from his Talking Heads career. There was also one song written by another artist. A very inclusionary message, great choreography, and lighting.

Thanks for the good holiday wishes.

Thank you!

Update

I got my ass kicked at the gym this morning; not so much because the workout was harder than usual, but more because I had no gas in the tank. I'm noticing recently that when we're busy Friday, Saturday, and Sunday my Monday workouts are struggles. That written I'm going to keep at it. Three rounds this morning of:

Kb goblet squats
    Flat Bb bench presses
    TRX table top rows
    Db squat presses
    Db curls
    Db bench rows
    Planks

We ate dinner with my cousins last night after the play and I had a burger and swapped the fries for a Caesar salad with dressing on the side. Along with water I also had a mediocre Bloody Mary that I had been thinking about (not the mediocre part) since Macdiver wrote about him having one a couple of days ago. Hopefully his was better than mine.

Have a great day!