1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Took dear dog on a 1.5 mile walk this morning; that will likely be my exercise for the day.

Dinner last night was breaded and baked chicken leg quarters with a side of corn.

Dear daughter and her BF are coming here tonight :claphigh:, but it will be late. They're both under the weather, but as of yesterday were still planning on doing a five mile turkey trot with some friends and wifey. My plan is to go to the gym for a Turkey Day Boot Camp workout.

Have a great day!

macdiver likes this.
  2. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

No mention of a Thanksgiving menu, the Seltzer's must be going somewhere for Thanksgiving.:)

Happy Thanksgiving.

Seltzer likes this.
  3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    We're going to wifey's sister's home for Turkey Day. I'm not entirely sure about the details, but dear daughter is trying to pull together a Friends Giving on Friday and I've been enlisted to help with the cooking. At the moment I'm not sure what her menu is, but I brought home a free turkey that most super markets offer if you spend a certain amount of money in the specified period.

Update

Dear son is going out with friends tonight and dear daughter and her BF won't be here until about 11 so wifey suggested we go out for dinner after I drive her to pick up the bibs for tomorrow's turkey trot. :rolleyes: End result, we'll be going to our friend's restaurant so no cooking for me tonight.

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I took dear dog for a walk, but the rest of my exercise for the day is going to be eating. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It was a fine Turkey Day and I wasn't too bad with consumption. All in context of course. :-). It's great having dear daughter and her BF here; the house is so vibrant and all the yungins get along so well it's a wonderful thing to experience.

Wifey is presently at the gym, but I'm laying low today. That said I'll be there at 9 AM tomorrow.

Have a great day!

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Mr. Trainer Dude kicked our butt today. Four rounds of:

Walkouts with a push up that increased with every rep we did
    Trap bar dead lifts
    Db reverse lunges with curls
    Flipping a 600 pound tire; I was teamed with a woman who is probably about 145 pounds
    Db goblet squats
    Step ups while holding two Db's
    Kb swings

Dinner last night was an eye round roast that I stuck in a sous vide bath and then roasted with hickory wood. The side dishes were roasted broccoli and tri color couscous.

I'm not sure about our dinner plans tonight. Dear daughter is hosting a Friends Giving; I helped her plan the menu, went shopping with her, and along with smoking the turkey I'll be doing other sous chef tasks. She wants wifey and I to stay for dinner, but I think we're going to opt to go out and let the younger generation have the house to themselves.

Have a great day!

7. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.

Sous chef :lol:. I'm sure you are more like the head chef for your daughter's Friendsgiving dinner.

Seltzer likes this.
  8. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Impressive you both were able to flip it.

Seltzer likes this.
  9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm somehow screwing up the multi quoting. Regardless, Shamie, my partner did great, but it was tough; everyone was quite gassed at the end, but I know that most of us will be there tomorrow for some more "fun".

Mac, I was being limiting about my contributions to tonight, but dear daughter is doing what she's comfortable with and has been asking lots of questions about food choices, timing, and preparation. FWIW, it's the biggest sit down party she's ever hosted so it's understandable she's is a little nervous and need some guidance. Our dinning room table is set for fourteen. My sense is that wifey and I will stay around long enough for me to carve the turkey and then we'll be on our merry way.

10. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

I thought you were just being modest. That's great she is taking in interest in learning to cook.

Seltzer likes this.
  11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    IMO, being able to get an affordable, healthy, and tasty dinner on the table most nights is a nice skill to have and I'm glad to help her as she starts her journey. Her BF usually works too late for him to come home and cook, but he does make a mean weekend breakfast.

Update

Wifey and I, as planned, went to dinner Saturday night, and afterward hung out with the kids. By the time clean up was done it was 1:30, but we were at the gym Sunday morning. Because of the weather conditions DD and her BF left around noon to go home to Boston and after cleaning up our acts wifey and I went to an afternoon party.

We didn't go to bed very late, but dear dog was a PIA and kept waking me up so I didn't have a good night's sleep. Coupled with the late night on Saturday I'm dragging somewhat today, but had every intention of hitting the gym to meet with my trainer at 11, which would have given me enough time to get home before the pest control person came between 12 and 4 to discuss my squirrel issue. For the first time in the history of any service appointment ever made he showed up over an hour early, just as I about to leave for the gym. By the time we were done my trainer didn't have any openings for the afternoon and with the conditions being what they are he didn't want to stay too late. Totally understandable and we're in the process of scheduling a make up session later this week. I'll be getting some functional exercise at some point as we already have three inches and could get as much as eight.

No cooking for me last night because we had leftovers from Saturday's party.

Have a great day!

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Exercise for the day was doing a 1.5 mile round trip walk to meet a friend for breakfast, shoveling the three inches of snow that fell overnight after I shoveled five around 5:30 last night, and clearing the cars. While on the subject of cars I spoke with my insurance company this morning and as I suspected they decided to total the car. The good news is that they're giving me far more money than the three websites I visited said I could get in a private sale. I don't understand it, but I'll gladly take the $$.

Dinner last night was a soup I made using three turkey carcasses, assorted veggies, and chicken thighs.

Have a great day!

13. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Funny, we got just a dusting of snow. No shoveling was necessary.

Are you replacing the car?

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    My sister, who lives about twenty minutes away got less than two inches. Based on experience I'm in a local snow belt. More car news below.

Update

At home exercise today; pushups and planks.

For the past month my son's car has been having condensation issues and we brought it to a trusted mechanic to have the situation dealt with. Bottom line it's going to be almost $7500 to repair. I've gotten my insurance company involved and am waiting to hear from the adjuster. The pervious car I was planning on selling and, as I wrote yesterday, will be reimbursed for more than I anticipated, but I have not intention of becoming a one car family. Hopefully insurance will cover the repair. Too much car drama.

Last night dear son and I had some errands to take care of and he then took me out to dinner so no cooking for me.

Have a great day!

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a miserable workout this morning. Three rounds of:

Trap bar deadlifts
    Flat bench Bb presses
    Table top TRX rows
    Step ups with Db's
    Triceps pushdowns
    Leg raises
    Crunches

I had no gas and needed a little extra rest, but got through it.

Dinner last night was meatloaf with a side of corn.

Have a great day!