1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

It is slightly colder up north. My house was 62 degrees yesterday with no heat.

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    My boiler should have kicked on Friday night; fortunately it's been mild since then so the house is comfortable, but I'm trying to get the issue taken care of as soon as possible. A service technician came over yesterday and identified the problem as a wire running from the first floor to the boiler in the basement. It's a two person job that will take about an hour. I called this morning to set up an appointment and the scheduling manager had no record of my issue and said he would get back to me; that was over three hours ago, which means I'll be calling soon.

I had my normal one on one with my trainer this morning and we did three rounds of:

Kb goblet squats
    Flat bench Bb presses
    TRX table top rows
    Flat bench Bb skull crushers
    Planks
    Leg raises
    Crunches

Dinner last night was leftovers.

Have a great day!

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Other than about 2.5 miles of walking I've been sedentary.

In non fitness, but health, news I have a number of medical tests in my near future. On the advice of my GP I went to see a neurologist earlier today and while all the coordination and strength tests he could do in his office were fine he wants me to have an MRI of my brain as well as a sonogram of my carotid arteries because he feels that my recent falls may be due to low blood flow to my brain. He also suggested I see a cardiologist. And since that's not enough, my latest blood work showed that a liver reading is high and my GP wants me to have a sonogram of my liver. Other than that I'm incredibly healthy. :rolleyes:

Dinner last night was homemade pastrami with homemade coleslaw, pickles, and rye bread. The leftovers were my lunch today. :eat:

Have a great day!

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm not the most religious person, but today is the holiest day in the Jewish calendar and there are some traditions associated with the holiday that I do follow. One of them is fasting, which I will do with the exception of drinking water. I'm also not going to exercise although that likely isn't specifically mentioned in the Bible.

Dinner last night was a chuck roast that I sous vided for nine hours and the seared on a stove top griddle. The side was a beet and feta salad.

Have a great day!

5. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Whoa!!!! I hope they don't find anything. From your post regarding the toe, I just assumed you sliced it open on the door jam when you stubbed it or something like that. Hoping for the best.

Chag Sameach

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yeah, some weird stuff going on. Your assumption is a valid one and would make much more sense than the inexplicable tale of what really happened. The neurologist told me there is something called Sudden Drop Attack where the person feels as if s/he was tackled. That was not my case. I wasn't dizzy, and almost in slow motion started to go down. I had enough time to grab the door frame and yell to wifey who was about a dozen feet away. I hope to get the tests done within a week; presently I'm waiting on authorization from my insurance company for the MRI, which just galls me. I'm confident the test will be approved, but If a well respected neurologist with decades of experience thinks I need the procedure why question it? Nobody does something like this for fun and a lot of folks, including me, dread it and would avoid it if possible. This isn't some opioid scam.

Thank you. I'm drinking my water and trying not to think about food.

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Exercise today will be pushups and planks at home and a short walk to dinner. A very good friend of ours has revamped his restaurant menu and invited some friends to a soft opening to critique the menu and staff and give the staff experience.

Dinner last night to break my fast was bagels and lox and smoked whitefish.

Yesterday I had two folks from my oil heat service here for over three hours for what was supposed to be a one hour job and last night my kitchen sink clogged up after dinner. I spent about an hour trying to unclog it to no avail, even numerous curse words didn't help the situation, so I have a plumber combing this afternoon. Just doing my share to contribute money to the bottom line of my local service providers. :blank:

Have a great day!

8. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

The doctor probably is just being cautious. I am sure you have heard the expression "when you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail". Probably just falling for no apparent reason is out of the range of his thinking. :confused:

Seeing a cardiologist seems like a good idea. I want to see one also. I want to get one of those CT Scans to see how much calcium has built up in my arteries. I called some radiology centers directly, they all say you need a prescription from a doctor. This to me makes no sense, they generally are not covered by insurance, so I don't know why a prescription is required.

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm a bit unnerved by the latest findings, but I'm absolutely going to comply with what my doctors have suggested.

Update

My sink issue is resolved and just like with my boiler issue the remedy was beyond what I could have done and for a little while stumped the plumber. I have a certain amount of satisfaction with that.

Dinner plans at my friend's restaurant are still on and we'll meet dear son there so he can weigh in on the food and service.

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Exercise for the day was 1.5 slow miles.

Dinner last night was very good; we had eggplant rollatini for the appy, a house salad, and my entree was lobster ravioli in a tomato cream sauce. No dessert for me because I was stuffed, but wifey and dear son enjoyed their choices.

I am on the cusp of the Weekend of Wifey. Her b'day is tomorrow and tonight a bunch of gym friends are hosting a party for her at a local pub. Dear daughter and her boyfriend are coming here late tonight and tomorrow we'll go out to dinner. On Sunday we're hosting a family party for the birthday girl. How old is she? If you ask her she'll say 33, yet somehow I've known her for over 38 years and her birth certificate says she was born in 1959. Do the math. :lol: Also, for the first time ever we are catering the family party; it was a late decision to have one and I didn't want the pressure of putting a menu together and preparing everything on short notice.

TGIF!

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Despite a late night last night wifey and I were at the gym this morning. Dear daughter and her BF arrived about midnight and we stayed up for at least another hour. Today's fun at the gym was four rounds of:

Kb goblet squats
    Prowler pushes
    Sled drags
    Explosive step ups
    Two hand Kb swings
    Up down
    Wall squats with Db curls
    Ab wheel rollouts
    High planks with shoulder taps

In a short while we're going to take dear dog for a walk and this afternoon we're likely going to a food festival in a neighboring town. Tonight we're going out to dinner to celebrate wifey's b'day.

Have a great day!

12. macdiver

Bronze Member

Tell DW Happy Birthday. Enjoy the dinner and the party.

1.5 miles is a good start.

13. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Hope your wife doesn't read your journal. :)

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'll pass along your birthday sentiments and thanks for the kind words.

If you don't see another post from me call the authorities. :lol:

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It was a fun time with wifey and the kids last night. Workout for today is in the books and now I'm in party prep mode so I'm going to have to keep this post short.

Have a great day!

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I am wiped out. Four consecutive days of late nights and exercising, including hosting a party for wifey yesterday. Today, day five, was my normal fun with my trainer; I completed my tasks, but barely.

Three rounds of:

Kb goblet squats
    Pull ups
    Push ups
    One arm squat presses where I held one end of bar anchored to a pivot
    One arm rows using the same contraption
    Standing Bb curls
    Stability ball planks

He also issued a challenge for his clients that starts tomorrow and goes for two weeks:

No Alcohol
    No Bread
    No added sugar
    No Dairy
    No Processed food
    No Fried food
    Drink minimum of 64 ounces of water
    Last meal of the day before 7pm
    Minimum of 30 mins of cardio 4-5 days a wk
    50 push ups a day
    100 body weight squats a day
    50 leg raises a day

I may have some issues with that much cardio, but I'm going to give it a shot. The only item on the list that wifey and I won't be complying with is eating dinner before 7 PM because we wait for dear son to come home from work.

Have a great day!

17. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

With all those rules, he missed "gluten free". :)

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It's a good thing you don't know his name so he won't know about your suggestion. :lol: Let's not make this harder than it will be and I have a feeling there will be some additional rules at the end of this challenge for challenge numero dos. :blank:

Update

I've been dragging all day and hopefully won't get an after dinner burst of energy because I want to go to bed early. Dinner tonight is going to be a smorgasbord of leftovers.

19. macdiver

Bronze Member

After the pushups, leg lifts, and squats plus 30 mins of cardio how are you supposed to have time for his exercise classes?

The diet part is really good though. Gets rid of the bad carbs. Instead of the 7 pmt limit make dinner your last meal. No snacks after dinner.

#20799 macdiver, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm not entirely sure how we're going to incorporate all the exercise called for when we take his weekend classes. I'm thinking, without any knowledge, that he's going to incorporate some of the challenge requirements into his classes to minimize the time we have to spend afterward.

I'm not going to have any issue with the diet portion, including snacking after dinner. Thanks for your advice.

Update

I went to bed about 8 last night and am feeling much better than yesterday.

Exercise for the day has been 50 push ups, 100 body weight squats, and 50 leg raises. I'll go out this afternoon to get my cardio as it would be lame to not meet the requirements on day one.

Have a great day!