1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    We had a great time at the concert and fireworks Wednesday night, but later that evening had a very bad reaction to all the smoke to the point that I had to use my emergency inhaler at about 3 AM. I helped, but I didn't get much sleep and pretty much had to cancel yesterday's activities. The day was supposed to start off with the gym, followed by our town parade, a pool party and finally town fireworks. Four activities and I was zero for four. Fortunately I'm feeling better today and while I won't go to the gym until tomorrow I'm going take a walk with dear dog.

Have a great day!

2. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Hope you are feeling better today.

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thank you. Relatively speaking I am feeling better, but I'm sure glad I have a pulmonologist appointment on Friday.

Update

Four rounds this morning of:

Rower
    Low plank bird dogs
    Two hand Kb swings
    One arm Db squat presses
    Walk outs with a push up
    Db snatches
    Stability ball rollouts
    TRX mid level rows
    High plank glider double tucks

My pace was slower than what used to be normal, but I maintained my usual weights. For now I'll take it and am looking forward to being back there tomorrow AM.

Dinner last night was beef and veggie kabobs, tri color quinoa, and a salad.

Have a great day!

4. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Good job adjusting and getting your work out done.:tucool:

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks Mac.

Update

Five rounds this AM of:

Jump squats off of risers
    Bench dips
    Push ups (which sucked doing after the dips. IOW my triceps were/are not happy.)
    Heavy ropes
    TRX mid level rows
    Duffel bag squat cleans

No cooking last night because we went to a party and wifey did the cooking for what we brought, a pasta salad with assorted Italian meats, cheeses, and peppers and she also baked brownies because the part of the reason for the party was that it was the birthday of the hosts' son and he loves brownies. Despite being surrounded by lots of fine food and adult beverages I made good choices regarding portion control and adult beverage consumption. The latter was easier than the former because I was driving.

Have a great day!

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Late first post. Was at the gym for two rounds of:

Renegade rows
    Step ups while holding a Kb in each hand
    Contraption where the bar is anchored on a hinge and the other end has to be lifted
    Bosu ball pushups with knee thrusts
    Ab wheel rollouts
    Low planks

I only did two rounds because I had to go slow. :mad: :(

Dinner last night was grilled chicken with BBQ sauce, the remaining excess pasta salad that we didn't take to Saturday's party, and black beans with corn and mango.

Have a great day!

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Exercise for the day so far has been a two mile round trip walk with dear dog to do some errands. Not sure what else I'm going to do.

Since it's related to health which leads to fitness I share that I had an environmental company come to the house this morning to do inspection for mold, dust, etc. Nothing was found, which is good news, so we can cross that off the list of possible reasons for my breathing issues.

Dinner last night was crab meat salad served with lettuce wraps and the side was black olives. An odd-ish combo that caused dear son to give me the ????? look, but it went over well. In other food news, I'm just about done corning a brisket that later this week will be turned into pastrami.

Have a great day!

8. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

That was smart to do. Good they found nothing.

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Agree, money well spent.

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Wednesday is my "Be Like Shamie" day as I get to the gym around 5:45 AM. This morning my alarm went off at 4:40, I shut it off, and closed my eyes for a couple of minutes. Next thing I know it's 6:15. :eek: WTF? Obviously I missed my 6:00 class, but I may go this afternoon and do a solo workout; at a minimum I'll walk a couple of miles to take care of some errands in town. To add to my annoyance, I went to bed early to be rested and barely watched baseball's all star game. Lose-lose.

Dinner last night was cold sesame noodles with beef. Instead of pasta I spiralized zucchini and squash.

Have a great day!

11. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

You really take the "be like Shamie thing" seriously considering Shamie did the same thing this morning and missed the gym too. :D

Spartan88 likes this.
  12. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

:lol:

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    We have some sort of cosmic connection. :ohnoes:

Update

I was at the gym this morning for three rounds of six exercises followed by another three rounds of four different ones. Pretty much every body part was impacted with some speed work. Because all that wasn't enough fun afterward we did bicycles and various crunch variations.

Dinner last night was salmon burgers and the side was a cucumber and herb salad with all ingredients coming from our garden.

Have a great day!

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Exercise for the day is going to be walking a couple of miles to go to lunch with dear daughter. :rolleyes: I'll probably also do some pushups at home.

Dinner plans changed last night because at the time I needed to set up my smoker we were in the midst of "Noah, is the ark ready?" rain and wind. Instead I defrosted boneless chicken thighs with my sous vide and served them in a tomato sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese. The side was French cut string beans.

Have a great day!

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Wifey and I met our hiking club this morning and did a five mile hike. The walk was challenging enough to make it interesting, but not nearly as arduous as last month's adventure. With it being in the 80's and sunny fortunately most of our time was spent in the forest under tree cover. Per our usual routine, after we finished the group went to a nearby restaurant for a well deserved lunch.

No cooking last night because we did an impromptu dinner out with some friends.

Have a great day!

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Four rounds this morning of:

Rower
    Russian twists
    Single arm Db squat presses
    Jump squat touchdowns
    Ball slams
    TRX table top rows
    Ab wheel rollouts

Dinner last night was foraging the refrigerator and since we just got back a big late lunch/early dinner with my MIL it's going to be the same tonight. If all goes as planned I'll be back in the kitchen tomorrow.

Have a great day!

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Three rounds this morning of:

Db presses
    Lat pulldowns
    Push ups
    Standing Bb curls
    Lateral Db raises
    Db bench rows
    Heavy ropes
    Ab wheel rollouts

Have a great day!

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    My usual low activity Tuesday. I walked into town to meet a friend for breakfast and had thoughts of taking dear dog on an afternoon walk, but it's not 93F outside so that's not going to happen.

Dinner last night was homemade pastrami on rye bread with coleslaws and pickles.

Have a great day!

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Unlike last Wednesday when I overslept I made it to the gym this morning for four rounds of:

Db goblet squats
    Db shoulder presses while balancing on a Bosu ball
    Two arm Kb swings
    Low planks with a Db drag
    Heavy ropes with lateral lunges
    TRX one leg pullups
    Lateral box runs
    Standing Db curls

The gym was hot and humid so that made the workout even more fun than usual. :rolleyes:

Dinner last night was chicken salad served in romaine lettuce wraps.

Have a great day!

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Four rounds of:

Ball slams
    Low planks with shoulder taps
    Skaters
    One leg agility hops
    TRX table top rows
    Double Db squat presses
    Mountain climbers
    Db floor presses

Uncharacteristically, although it's been more common of late, we went out for dinner last night. One of dear daughter's best friends was back in town so dear daughter, wifey, the friend, and her mother met for dinner. Knowing that dear son would seize upon this to make a case for he and I to go out I dismissed our usual little "dance" and initiated. There was no push back. :lol: I had a lamb gyro with a small Greek salad.

Have a great day.