1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks for your sentiments. Frustrating to say the least.

Update

Early morning fun at the gym. Five rounds of:

Single arm Db presses while balancing on a Bosu ball
    Two point Db rows
    Db reverse lunges
    TRX table top rows
    Single arm Db squats
    Walkouts with a push up

It was only me and dear son for dinner last night so I served some pasta. Seared shrimp with linguini and homemade tomato sauce. The side was a salad.

Have a great day!

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    An at best mediocre performance at the gym this morning. Core and leg work were the dominant themes. The good news is that my hip is feeling fine so I'm going to lace 'em up tomorrow and get on the road.

I really didn't feel like cooking last night and when both dear son and dear daughter told me they were not going to be home I used the opportunity to entice wifey to a date night at our favorite casual restaurant. I've written about it before; it's in walking distance, good portions, delicious food, not expensive, and family owned and run. I had a lamb gyro with a small Greek salad, wifey had something similar, we both had seltzer, and including tax and a tip my wallet was $25 dollars lighter and wifey took half of her gyro home. Tonight I'm making a ginger beef stir fry.

Have a great day!

3. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sounds like a perfect date night. I love being able to walk to a restaurant (even better when it's cheap :) ). Glad your hip is feeling better--good luck on your run.

4. TooMuch

TooMuch Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Glad your hip is feeling better.

You are so fortunate to live where there are great restaurants. In my town I am yet to find such a place.

5. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Greek food became very popular recently. Sounds like a great place, nice that you can walk to it.

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks about my hip. Wednesday was a nice evening and we ran into friends on the way home and had a nice chat with them to further enhance the night.

Thanks about my hip. We definitely live in a foodie town of many different cuisines and price points. When we decide to go to a restaurant we rarely live our town.

The place we went to opened about 7-8 years ago and the family recently opened another restaurant one town over.

Update

I took dear dog for a two mile walk this AM and am contemplating going for a run this afternoon.

Last night's dinner was a hit; hopefully tonight's offering will go over just as well. :-)

TGIF!

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yesterday's afternoon run never happened. Instead I went to lunch with wifey and dear son. Sort of the same, right?

I was at the gym this morning for four rounds of:

Walkouts with a pushup
    Two arm Kb swings
    Elephant walkouts
    Ab wheel roll outs
    Db goblet squats

In between each round we did:

Jumping jacks
    Mountain climbers
    Burpees

No cooking last night because we weren't very hungry after a late and large lunch and we decided to go to watch a minor league baseball game at the stadium in town. Dear son was also there with some friends and all of the yungins came back to the house afterward.

I won't be cooking tonight because we're going to a party, but before I knew our plans yesterday I bought mussels for dinner. I'm going to cook them this afternoon in a white wine garlic butter sauce, maybe with some heavy cream, and then freeze them. According to everything I read you can't freeze uncooked mussels, but doing so to cooked ones is fine. I'll make sure wifey takes the first few bites. :lol:

Have a great day!

#20607 Seltzer, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
  8. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Lots of core work. What is an elephant walkout?

Have fun at the party

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    An elephant walkout is when you do a walkout, but extend your arms as far as possible so you're really challenging your core. On the way back to bringing your hands as close as possible to your feet your don't let your hands leave the ground.

More about the party below.

Update

Lots of fun last night; I was mindful of dietary choices and portion control and while there was some vodka involved, not too much because I was driving, I earned a big fat F for hydration. Water, seltzer, and other non alcoholic beverages were readily available and I had none. I was feeling it this morning which led to this morning's gym session being one of "just get through it", which I did.

Four rounds of:

TRX rows
    Db weighted step ups
    Rower
    Db squat presses
    Lateral box runs
    Push ups off a box with toe taps

After that was done we broke into two groups and had to drag a weighted duffel bag in a loop while walking/sprinting backwards. One uncoordinated person :rolleyes: fell at the very end of his turn, no need to name names, but his team still won. :D No injuries except to that person's ego.

No cooking tonight because we're going to a neighbor's house for a BBQ. I was tasked with bringing a salad and I also made a dressing. Wifey baked a cake.

Have a great day!

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    My Memorial Day workout is in the books. Four rounds of:

One arm Db squat presses
    Crunches while holding weights
    Explosive step ups
    Kb plank pull throughs
    One arm Kb reverse lunges
    Bicycles

We're going to my MIL's house this afternoon so most likely I won't be cooking dinner.

To all who know someone who made the ultimate sacrifice to keep us safe I wish you comfort.

I'm short of time, but will catch up tomorrow.

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Low key exercise day, just some walking. Frankly I'm tired after the holiday weekend, but I will be a the gym tomorrow AM.

Have a great day!

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Normally I'm at the gym by 5:45 Wednesday mornings, but not today. For some unknown reason I woke up around 3:30 and decided to get some extra sleep. Not sure if it was the wisest decision, but I'm living with it and I made sure to do 50 push ups, 50 sit ups, and 50 bicycles at home.

Dinner last night was mussels, clams, and shrimp cooked in a tomato sauce that had a reduced seafood broth. I also served linguini and a garden salad.

Have a great day!

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Four rounds this morning of:

Drop dead pushups
    Two point Db rows
    Kb figure eights
    High plank with shoulder taps
    Squat jumps
    Mountain climbers

After that fun we had a high plank contest and out of twelve people I came in second. The winner was a little more than half my age.

Dinner last night was meatloaf that I was planning on smoking, but when thunderstorms broke out I decided to use my oven. The side was a mixture of French cut string beans and corn.

Have a great day!

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Exercise for the day was going for a three mile walk which included stopping to take care of some errands.

Dinner last night was pork loin that I sous vided and then baked with thyme, rosemary, and garlic. The side was a romaine lettuce salad. No cooking tonight because I'm going out with some friends.

TGIF!

TooMuch likes this.
  15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a tough morning at the gym; it was a combination of a challenging workout and me not feeling my best. My breathing was labored and at times I was feeling light headed so I had to ease up. I got through it, but I was hoping for better.

This afternoon we're walking about two miles to a food truck, craft beer, and music festival. Given how I'm feeling I don't think I'll be having any beer.

Have a great day!

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    For no apparent reason I had a tough night and decided to take the less is more approach and did not go to the gym this morning. :( Wifey and I will go for a walk with dear dog this afternoon and I anticipate moving iron tomorrow AM.

No cooking last night, but I expect that to change tonight.

Have a great day!

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Regarding exercise yesterday was a complete waste. Couch potato city; I had trouble breathing and no energy so I thought it would be wise to lay low.

Nobody was up for a heavy meal so I made tuna fish salad with some toasted bagels for dinner.

I went to the gym this morning and had a tough time and had to resort to lighter weights toward the end as my stamina just wasn't there, but I completed all exercises.

Have a great day!

18. Spartan88

Spartan88 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sounds like you've had a tough few days. Is there an underlying health condition affecting your breathing or is it something you need to get checked out?

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Indeed I have. I have asthma that was long dormant, but reared its ugly head a few years ago. I also have seasonal allergies and the pollen count is lately very high. I've been going to pulmonologists for a few years, plural because I switched about a year ago, and have another appointment scheduled for June 18th. Keeping my fingers crossed that things get better in the interim and a long term solution is found soon.

20. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Hopefully the cooler weather today helps ease your breathing issues.