1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks. I wasn't at my best, but I felt good enough to go and at least do something.

Update

Exercise for the day was walking a few miles. One of these days I'm going to have to start running again.

Dinner last night was boneless chicken thighs with various spices, topped with panko bread crumbs, and cooked over cherry wood. The sides were corn and brown rice.

No social plans tonight; tomorrow night we're going to a fund raiser in Manhattan and, as of now, it's going to be a quiet Sunday. Gym both weekend days as usual and starting tomorrow until Tuesday our neighbor's 15 year old daughter will be staying with us.

TGIF!

#20401 Seltzer, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    IROC-Z likes this.
  2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A very leg centric workout this morning; lots of squats, jumps, and lunges.

No cooking for me tonight because we're going into Manhattan for a fund raising dinner.

Have a great day!

3. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member

Glad the gastro issue was quickly resolved.

Enjoy your dinner tonight.

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks about the gastro stuff.

Last night was an enjoyable evening for a good cause. Just so there's not misimpression the fundraisers we attend are not black tie affairs at the Waldorf Astoria and last night was no exception to that. Food options were less than ideal, but I exerted good portion control. We were home by 11:15 so we were in good shape to hit the gym this AM.

Update

Five rounds of:

Rower
    Stability ball rollouts
    Two arm Kb swings
    Double Db presses
    Lateral sprints between cones
    TRX hangs
    Contra lateral Db reverse lunges

Since it's a Sunday, I doubt our plans will change so I'll go out on a limb and write that we're having veggie burgers, a garden salad, and roasted potatoes for dinner tonight.

Have a great day!

5. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Is that new in the rotation, I don't recall Veggie Burgers before. :)

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I used to make them when dear daughter was in HS and a vegetarian, but I've rarely made them of late. FWIW, they were well received by all and I may start making them more frequently.

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    With the exception of some issues with push ups I had a solid workout. Three rounds of:

Flat bench Bb bench presses
    Flat bench Bb skullcrushers
    Standing Bb curls
    Incline bench Db flyes
    Incline bench Db chest presses
    Push ups
    Planks

Have a great day!

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A usual easy exercise Tuesday. A walk into town to meet my friend for breakfast, 35 pushups, and later today likely some snow shoveling.

Dinner last night was pan seared shrimp in various spices, roasted eggplant with garlic, and an additional side of spaghetti squash with basil, garlic, and EVOO.

Tonight's dinner will involve cod filets; details to be determined.

Have a great day!

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I wasn't feeling very energized, but still made it to the gym this AM. Five rounds of:

Single arm Kb swings
    Db two point rows
    Db single arm squat presses
    Heavy ropes
    Squat jumps
    Bicycles
    Burpees

At some point I tweaked my lower back so I'm going to do some stretching later today with the hope of alleviating the discomfort.

Dinner last night was breaded baked cod filets seasoned with lemons, a garden salad with avocados, and couscous.

Have a great day!

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I almost didn't go to the gym because my lower back was still stiff this morning, but ultimately decided to go. I did some extra stretching before starting to work out and wound up doing much better than I anticipated. Five rounds of:

High plank around the worlds
    One arm TRX mid level rows
    Rower
    Kb goblet hold squats
    Single arm Db squat presses
    Ab wheel rollouts
    Lateral box runs

Dinner last night was baby back ribs smoked over cherry wood and a side of corn. No cooking tonight because we're going to dinner with some friends. This is the same group we went out with last year and IIRC last year was only the second time that wifey and I ate out for Valentine's Day. Now the count will be up to three. :D

Have a great day!

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Minimal exercising today. A walk into town to do some errands, some stretching of my hammies and back, and 30 pushups.

Dinner last night was a lot of fun and tasty. The appys were eaten family style; most of the crowd chose fried stuff and I stuck with my cornmeal crusted oysters. Dinner entree for me was scallops and shrimp with broccoli rabe and I had a couple of bites of wifey's grilled bronzino. No dessert for me, considered a sin by most at the table. :lol: I did have an espresso and during the course of the evening there were two martinis.

No social plans for tonight and if the weather holds up wifey and I are going hiking tomorrow morning instead of hitting the gym.

TGIF!