1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thank you.

Update

Despite having an almost non existent amount of exercise on Saturday and Sunday I'm keeping with my usual Tuesday schedule and not doing too much. Some stretching and maybe a walk to take care of some errands, but that will be the extent.

For dinner tonight I'm going to roast a portion of the free ham I got for spending more than a certain amount of $$ at my usual supermarket. I bought a small one, but it's still over ten pounds, which is way too much for four people to eat in one sitting. Ideally I would serve mashed potatoes, but due to wifey and dear daughter not wanting carbs at dinner I'll probably serve a salad.

Have a great day!

2. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Years ago a grocery chain where we lived gave out a free turkey if you hit a certain amount of spending, and for a few years in a row my wife and I made this extravagant NYE meal with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and all kinds of other stuff that we liked. It was fun because we got to cook it ourselves and actually enjoy it and relax because we weren't driving all over the state seeing family for the holiday like we did for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was a fun tradition for a few years.

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Of late our NYE's have been pretty low key. For about 15 years we hosted a party, but haven't done that in about a decade and since then have generally stayed very close to home ringing in the new year with friends. This year wifey and I are probably going to stay home, cook a nice dinner, and toast 2019 with a glass of champagne. I hate driving during that evening because of all of the folks who forsake the drinking and driving sensibility. I have some idea what my kids will be doing and it doesn't involve driving that night so I'm comforted by that.

Update

This morning's fun was four rounds of:

High plank around the worlds
    Db two point rows
    Burpees with a pushup
    TRX mid level rows
    Tire flips, a first for me
    Jump squats on a riser
    Mountain climbers

Wifey is hosting her book club tonight and I have some kitchen tasks to accomplish later today to help with the preparation; dear son and I will be going out to dinner at a to be determined restaurant and dear daughter will be meeting some friends for the same reason.

Have a great day!

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You know it's going to be a long hour when your trainer tells you in advance that it's going to be a tough workout AND you're having a low energy day.

The order is wrong, but we did four rounds of:

Db rows
    Kb swings
    Burpees
    Weighted lateral lunges
    Walk outs with a push up
    Low plank rotations
    Air squats
    Ball slams

Dinner tonight is going to be spicy orange chicken breasts served over quinoa.

Have a great day!

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    In a rare sequence of events I've been to the gym two Fridays in a row. I was there this morning because I won't be able to go on Sunday; more on that below. We did four rounds of:

Double arm Db squat presses
    Lateral bear crawls with a heavy ball
    Resistance band rotations
    TRX pullups
    Jump squats
    High planks with a Kb drag
    Forward box runs

The kids and I are going out to dinner tonight so no cooking for me. It's not that we're necessarily kicked out of the house, but wifey is hosting a cookie baking party for 5-6 women and while we were offered an invitation we decided to vacate the premises for a while. I'll be back in the kitchen tomorrow because we're hosting a dinner party for ten and since most are travelling a decent amount they're going to stay over so I'll be cranking out breakfast on Sunday for eight, which is the reason I won't be going to the gym.

The dinner menu is Louisiana influenced:

Appys

Crab stuffed deviled eggs
    Muffuletta pin wheels
    Assorted cheeses, including my smoked cheddar, and crackers
    Pistachio nuts

Main Course

Shrimp and sausage gumbo
    Rice
    Toasted French bread for dipping

Dessert

We'll be supplying fruit salad
    What ever else our guests bring

Breakfast on Sunday

Scrambled eggs
    My apple wood smoked maple bacon
    Bagels and lox
    More fruit salad

TGIF!

#20285 Seltzer, Dec 7, 2018 at 12:02 PM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 1:13 PM
  6. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member

Great Menu.

Seltzer likes this.
  7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks Mac.

I know the wraps are not a traditional way of serving the muffuletta, but nobody attending is from Louisiana so I'm sure I can "get away" with it. :lol: Everything else I've made before so I have no concerns about how those dishes will turn out.

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    By the time clean up from the cookie baking party was finished it was 12:30, but that didn't stop me and wifey from hitting the gym this morning. Four rounds of:

Kb swings
    High plank around the worlds
    Jump squats off a high riser
    Burpees with push ups
    TRX mid level rows
    Single arm Db squat presses
    Db two point rows

Cooking for this weekend will commence shortly.

Have a great day!

9. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

You usually mention cooking, never baking (that I remember), Do you not bake? Or was there too much estrogen to be included in the cookie baking group.:)