1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Your meal plans sometimes make me wish I weren't a vegan.

Also, I hope your hip feels better soon. But it's good to pay attention to it and take the time to rest. It seems like if I'd listen to my body more I'd take more breaks and not wind up injured every now and then.

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks about the meals. More than anything I'm just being cautious with my hip; it's nothing like what I dealt with a few years ago. Big picture, less is sometimes more when it comes to the long term.

Update

Four rounds this morning of:

Low planks and you had to singularly move cones from a stack of four and restack them on the other side of the mat and repeat in the opposite direction
    Standing Db presses
    Kb rows
    Ab wheel rollouts
    Heavy ropes
    Walkouts with a pushup
    Rower

Dinner tonight is going to be boneless pork chops with a jalapeno mango chutney served over cauliflower rice.

Have a great day!

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Turkey Day workout is in the books, now it's time for Alice's Restaurant at noon, controlled gluttony and football. :)

A happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate and wishes for a great day for those who don't.

#20263 Seltzer, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  4. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Alice's Restaurant at noon. Cool tradition.

Hope the hip turns out to be nothing.

Seltzer likes this.
  5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks Mac.

Update

I'm having computer issues so this will be short. Going for a walk with wifey and dear dog and then off to a late afternoon party.

Have a great day!

7. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I was tuning in for the Seltzer Thanksgiving meal update! Hope your computer issues work out; I haven't listened to Alice's Restaurant this year and that's a good reminder. Enjoy the party!

8. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Good luck about the computer issues. I hope you got them resolved.

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    We were guests so did very little cooking. As always I came home with the turkey carcass and yesterday turned into a soup which will be part of dinner tonight.

Thanks about the computer and I hope you had an enjoyable Turkey Day.

My tech guy and I have been trading phone calls and based on something he said I think I've isolated the problem. I may be totally wrong, but my best guess is that it's something in one of the fans. That written when I lay the box on its side there are no noise issues and everything works great. I have access to a lap top and my phone, but prefer my desktop; yes I'm a dinosaur. :)

Update

Controlled semi-gluttony the past few days partially offset by workouts and low level cardio. I may need to take a rest day tomorrow as I'm feeling a little beat up.

Dinner tonight is going to be the aforementioned turkey soup that is full of turkey and potatoes. I'm also going to be serving a salad.

Have a great day!

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I went for a two mile walk/jog with more of the former than the latter. :blank: Later today I'm going to walk into town to pick up a prescription.

I'm currently smoking the pork belly I've been curing and in about 60 minutes I'm going to have three pounds of apple wood smoked maple bacon. Dinner tonight is going to be chicken Florentine made with a combo of breasts and thighs. The sides have not yet been decided.

Have a great day!

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    My workout for the day is done. Overall there were twelve exercises with an emphasis more on cardio and mobility than weights although there were presses and rows in the mix. Fast paced and tiring. I never walked into town yesterday so will do so today to take care of a couple of things.

No cooking for me tonight because I'm going to dinner and a Broadway show with a buddy of mine. If anyone wants to make a bet that wifey and the kids won't be either going out or ordering in let me know. :lol:

Have a great day!

12. macdiver

Bronze Member

Nice to see you running.

Seltzer likes this.
  13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks Mac. I really need to put together a plan to test what I can do so that I will have the info I need to run a race next year.

Regarding dinner for the three Seltzers who are not going to see a show tonight it's been confirmed that they are going to dinner at a local restaurant. No surprise there. :D

macdiver likes this.
  14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I altered my exercise regimen at the gym this morning for no reason other than just because. Instead of doing circuits I did three sets of six reps each of:

Db flat bench presses
    Bb standing bent over rows
    Bb standing military presses

Having not done this approach in a while I was not as exact with my weight choices as I would have been otherwise, especially on the first set, but I wasn't too far off so that was good.

Dinner plans will be decided once I know who is going to be home. At most it's only going to be three of us because dear daughter is on her way to her bf's house so that she can be present tomorrow AM when he gets sworn in as an attorney.

Have a great day!

#20274 Seltzer, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    We're going away for the weekend so I may not have time to post tomorrow, but plan on doing a short work out because Saturday and Sunday will involve nothing more strenuous than strolling.

Me, wifey, and dear son will be home for dinner tonight. I've already sous vided an eye round roast for 3.5 hours and am currently shocking it. I'll bring it up to temperature via reverse searing in a couple of hours and serve it with a sun dried tomato pesto that I made this afternoon as well as a spring mix salad.

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A rare Friday workout at the gym. Two circuits of four exercises done three times.

Time to clean up my act and pack. The car rolls in a little over 60 minutes

TGIF!

17. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    How was the show?

18. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Did boyfriend of our daughter find employment in the legal field?

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    The show was very good. I'm not sure if I mentioned it was To Kill A Mockingbird. I'm a big fan of the book and enjoyed the movie when I saw it many years ago. The show is still in previews and IMHO while still very powerful the second part of the second half needs to be tightened up. Really, that's more of a minor critique.

Yes, he started working in October for the firm he interned with while in law school. As you can imagine, lots of $$ and lots of hours.

Update

We had a very fun weekend at our friends' vacation house. Aside from going to an arts and craft fair Saturday afternoon and in the evening going to a fireworks display we didn't leave the house. Not too much on the exercise front; most of it being two hours of ping pong.

Today I was back at my normal schedule and did three rounds of:

Flat Bb bench presses
    Flat Bb skull crushers
    Flat Db flyes
    Flat Db chest presses
    Single arm Db rows
    Pushups
    Leg raises
    Crunches with a Kb in each hand
    Planks

Since we ate all our meals at the house this weekend I was in the kitchen helping out, mostly as a sous chef. Tonight we're having baked cod with string beans on the side.

Have a great day!

#20279 Seltzer, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  20. macdiver

Bronze Member

חנוכה שמח

Happy Hanukkah

Seltzer likes this.