1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Glad nobody was hurt. She was smart to take a photo. It probably wouldn't have occurred to me to take the photo until after they drove away. Was there much damage to the car?

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    At first glance there doesn't appear to be much damage, but a closer inspection reveals that the bumper is definitely askew. Given modern manufacturing techniques the whole piece is probably going to have to be replaced along with a paint job to match the car. I can't see this being a three figure fix and regardless of the final cost I'm hoping not to have to pay the deductible. I've already been told my rates won't go up so that's a good thing.

Update

To write that I had a better workout than Monday is beating a pretty low bar, but I did. Not great and probably a bit below average, but not terrible either. Five rounds of:

Db squat presses
    Kb reverse lunges
    Some type of ab torture with gliders
    Ab wheel rollouts
    Heavy ropes
    Up downs

Dinner last night was beef stir fry. Tonight is going to be leftovers on the fly as we hand out candy. I won't be cooking tomorrow either because we're going out for dear daughter's b'day. Earlier in the day I'm meeting dear son in NYC and will take him to lunch so tomorrow is going to be a very rare two restaurant meal day.

Happy Halloween!

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I agree on all points. Good thing nobody was hurt and the driver definitely didn't help her situation by leaving the scene.

4. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    That must be a scary-ass call to receive!

Jaer
    is glad no one was hurt and DD handled things responsibly.

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It certainly was.

Update

Exercise for the day was walking. A lot as in a few hours. I had a nice lunch with dear son and tonight we're going out to dinner to celebrate dear daughter's b'day.

Have a great day!

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I rarely lift on Fridays and today is no exception. I did, however, do some foam rolling and will do some push ups later today. It's going to be a quiet evening at home and for the first time since Tuesday I'll be in the kitchen. Dinner will most likely be baked chicken leg quarters and sautéed spinach.

TGIF!

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A very tough workout this morning involving lots of squats, pushups, burpees, and other fun things. I was quite gassed by the end.

Later today we have the pleasure of Macdiver coming over so that he can more easily get to the start of the NYC Marathon tomorrow AM. I'm going to serve assorted cheeses and crackers for an appy and the main course will be marinated grilled flank steak, roasted red potatoes and roasted asparagus.

Have a great day!

8. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

He needs more carbs to carb up for the marathon. :) Enjoy.

Seltzer likes this.
  9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    He and I did have a discussion about the amount of carbs for tonight. :lol: I can easily make a change to the menu once he's here if he's had a change of mind.

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Today was four rounds of a mainly upper body workout with some cardio and core work thrown in just for fun. My shoulders are quite tired.

Have a great day!

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Wifey and I had a very nice time with Macdiver on Saturday as well as hearing about his run around the five boroughs of NYC yesterday.

I was at the gym this morning for three rounds of:

Kb squats
    Kb deadlifts
    Incline bench Bb bench presses
    Db lateral raises
    Leg lifts
    Crunches with two Dbs
    Ball slams

Last night was another example of why I'm less often prospectively posting what I'm going to cook for dinner. I had a plan and shortly before executing it the other members of the Seltzer family orchestrated a coup because they wanted Chinese food from a particular restaurant so that's what we had. We also ordered in, something we probably do about twice per year. Tonight we go back to normalcy. :)

Have a great day!

12. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

When I was young, it was such a big deal to order in Chinese food. I don't know if it was just my insane family, or things were different back then.

So what is on the menu tonight? Leftover Chinese food? :lol:

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Shamie, pretty much the same with me growing up. Ordering in or going to a restaurant was a big deal. Sunday's leftovers didn't stand a chance. Dear son took some to work for his lunch and I had the rest during the day. Dinner last night was seared shrimp with a Cajun seasoning served with French cut string beans.

Update

The squats I did yesterday didn't involve a lot of weight, but three sets of 15 along with a commensurate number of deadlifts add up and my legs are sore today. Nothing terrible, but noticeable. I plan on rolling them later today. I briefly gave thought to running, but doubt that's going to happen. Instead I took dear dog for a short walk and thankfully the weather gods were on my side. It stopped raining shortly before we left and didn't start again until shortly after we returned home. I also walked to my voting venue to cast my ballot; on the way home the weather gods weren't as friendly. :lol:

Have a great day!

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Supersets in the morning.

High planks with toes on a box and alternating tapping each foot on the floor
    And
    Lateral box runs

Goblet squats
    And
    I don't remember right now

Kb Romanian deadlifts
    And
    Db bench rows

Pushups
    And
    Mountain climbers

Ab wheel roll outs
    And
    Heavy ropes with a lateral lunge

Renegade rows
    And
    Two arm Kb swings

Dinner last night was cubed chicken breasts that I coated with corn meal and baked. It was served with a gravy made from homemade chicken stock along with spaghetti squash. Aside from dinner, today's food adventures include the following:

1. Smoking a few pounds of cheese
    2. Transitioning the corned beef I made to the first phase of turning it into pastrami, which will hopefully take place this weekend
    3. Dehydrating bananas.

Have a great day!

15. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Legit laugh-snorted at that.

Why in the world did I click into Seltzer's journal on an extended fast?

Jaer
    is hungry now.

Seltzer likes this.
  16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Glad to provide added entertainment value. :- ) Sadly, I when I reached that point of description I took a couple of minutes to try and remember, but still drew a blank. Even now, hours later, I don't know what exercise I forgot about. :bang:

I'm sure I didn't derail your efforts, but sorry for not making your endeavor any easier.

Update For Everyone Other Than Jaer

Dinner tonight is going to be veal cutlets and a garden salad. The cutlets are leftovers from my recent book club meeting where the host ordered way too much food and I was nice enough to take some home. :lol: My challenge tonight will be to not over cook them while reheating.

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Four rounds this morning of:

Shuttles between cones
    Heavy ropes
    Two arm Kb swings
    Push ups
    Db double squat presses
    Bear crawls
    Low planks with alternating arm extensions
    Kb deadlifts

Have a great day!

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I ran 1.25 miles this morning at a moderate, for me, pace. No Garmin so no pace data and nothing to brag about. :blank:

Dinner last night was shrimp and sausage gumbo served with rice.

TGIF!

19. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member

Nice run.

Yum. Gumbo.:drool:

Seltzer likes this.
  20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks about the run. It seems I'm perpetually in the "Gotta start somewhere" stage, but it was better than sitting on the couch eating potato chips. :-)

The gumbo was well received and, better yet, there was enough leftover for me to have lunch today. :eat:

Wifey is going to an Off Broadway play with some women from our block tonight. I have a dinner concept, but will refrain mentioning it until it's executed because there's a good chance plans will change. After dinner me, dear daughter, and dear son are going to see Bohemian Rhapsody, the movie about Queen.