1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A pretty good workout this AM. Seven rounds of:

Db reverse lunges with a shoulder press
    Bear crawl holds
    Kb snatch presses
    Db two point rows
    Single arm Db squats
    Spiderman push ups

Short stations, about 50 seconds, with very little rest between exercises and circuits. Trainer dude was evil today, but I survived.

Dinner last night was pan seared shrimp with Old Bay and butter and the side was French cut string beans. Tonight's dinner will depend upon who is home. Anywhere between two and four. Wifey will not be joining us because she joined an adult kickball league and the initial meet and greet is tonight.

Wordiness Is On Its Way

I'm going to workout tomorrow AM, but after that things are going to get hectic so I'll type this while I have time today. Wifey and I were invited to two weddings that overlap. One is the daughter of very good friends of ours from town and the other is the son of my longest time friend. Our respective mothers would do what young mothers do with their infants while we were in our carriages and we've been friends ever since. Yes, in 1958 they were carriages, not strollers. They were as sturdy as a car and possibly just as heavy. As a two month old those attributes were not of my concern, but I digress.

Our friends from town's wedding is Friday about two hours south of our house and we were invited to the rehearsal dinner tomorrow. The other wedding schedule is a day later, but the kicker is it's in Ohio. No matter how we played around with the logistics we couldn't make it work so that we would be together for both event weekends; the result is wifey is leaving tomorrow afternoon and I'm flying out early Friday morning. She's coming home Saturday after the post wedding reception brunch and I'll be flying home Sunday after my post wedding reception brunch. Something tells me the scale will not be friendly come Monday morning.

As for exercise, I'm sure wifey will be at the gym on Sunday. I looked at my hotel's website and the picture of the fitness center showed five treadmills so I think my exercise is going to be walking and maybe some hotel room exercises such as push ups and planks.

Have a great day!

2. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

You keep your friends a longtime. :) I couldn't follow why you both couldn't fly together, but it is too complicated for me to read again.:ohnoes: Have a great time at both weddings.

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yes I do keep friends for a long time. IOW, you're not getting rid of me anytime soon. :lol:

Due to the timing of the two weddings we both couldn't be at both so we decided the best alternative was to split up. Certainly not ideal.

Update

Lots of different exercises this morning involving three different circuits. I'm not even going to try and remember them all. This will be my last major workout until Monday.

Dinner last night was the chuck roast I tenderized via sous vide and then cooked on my kamado. Tasty and tender! The side was corn.

Have a great day!

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I got home last night after a three day wedding extravaganza. Even though I barely knew anyone I had a great time and the only thing that would have improved my experience was is wifey was with me. She had an equally fine time at the wedding she went to.

The hotel had by far the best hotel gym I've ever seen. Db's up to 100 pounds, Kb's up to 65, Bosu balls, TRX, an assortment of treadmills and ellipticals, and a boxing area with both speed and heavy bags. I hit the facility on Saturday and other than that I did a lot of walking and curls. Curls that either had food or a beverage in my hand. :-)

The hotel was in Cleveland and the Browns were there the day before the game. On one elevator ride I was with Jarvis Landry who some Browns fan recognized and on another elevator ride I was with someone who was the size of a house that another Browns fan recognized in the elevator recognized. Given his physique I'd say he is a defensive lineman. Easily about 6'6" and a solid 300 pounds. Very personable.

I was at my gym this AM and did three circuits of:

Incline bench Db presses
    Incline bench Db flyes
    Lat pull downs
    Push ups
    Standing BB curls
    Bench dips
    Bench Db rows

My sister is coming over for dinner tonight and I'll be serving a garden salad, braised brisket, potato kugel, and roasted asparagus. Wifey is going to pick up some dessert.

Have a great day!

5. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Happy Rosh Hashanah

Seltzer likes this.
  6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thank you very much. Regardless of religion, I wish you and your wife a blessed year to come.

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a light solo workout this AM and also threw some walking into the mix.

Dinner tonight is going to be chicken thighs that I'm going to sous vide and cover with panko bread crumbs and bake. The side is going to be a salad.

Have a great day!

8. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

I didn't realize you were each going to a different wedding. I thought you were going to both, but weren't able to fly together do to the timing of the weddings.

Yes, most hotel gyms are not that well equipped.

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    We spent time dealing with the logistics and just couldn't make them work so while not ideal we thought the best solution was to separate. First time in 36 years we've been in that situation. We each had a fine time, but our experiences would have been enhanced if we were together. Oh well, such is life, and we made the best of it.

I was really impressed with the gym. For some reason when you hit the Fitness tab on the hotel website it only shows five or so treadmills so I was pleasantly surprised.

Update

Four rounds of fun this morning.

Dynamic step ups
    Kb two point rows
    Walkouts with a pike off of a step up bench
    One arm Kb swings
    Db standing presses
    Heavy ropes
    Kb figure eights

Dinner last night was what I wrote about yesterday, forgetting that I want to change my format to an after the fact description since plans have changed so often recently.

Have a great day!

10. Laneage

Laneage Well-Known Member

I like your attitude :)

Seltzer likes this.
  11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Had a very solid workout this AM. Four rounds of:

Dead bugs
    Db two point rows
    Skaters
    High plank around the worlds
    Burpees
    Two arm Db presses while kneeling on a Bosu ball

We are leaving tomorrow AM for a week at the beach so I won't be touching anything heavy until next weekend. I do intend to do some light running, pushups, planks, and whatever else comes to mind while away.

Dinner last night was a chuck roast I had in a sous vide bath for ten hours that was accompanied by a salad.

Have a great day!

12. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Enjoy the beach. While the Carolinas are suffering, we are being spared the impact of Florence so you should have good weather

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks Mac.

Update

Wifey and I are going to sneak in a quick workout before heading out. The yungins will be joining us on the weekend.

Per my usual MO I won't be online while away. Friends, have a great week and TGIF!

14. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Have a great vacation.