1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Mac, dear daughter and I will not be doing any 100 races together, but I can certainly relate to the bonding that goes on when out on the road. Coincidentally, the father's b'day is the same as dear daughter's. Thanks for sharing.

Update

The wedding was a lot of fun and we got some extra exercise for the day via dancing. Today is going to be a rest day.

TGIF!

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a terrbile workout yesterday due to respiratory issues and decided not to workout today.

Tomorrow I plan going back and also making an appointment with a new pulmonologist.

Have a great day!

3. Laneage

Laneage Well-Known Member

Hope that goes well for you

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks Laneage. More below.

Update

Saturday's "event" while at the gym really shook me, both mentally and physically. I had to stop early and rest for a while at the facility before going home and one there did nothing for the rest of the day which also meant cancelling social plans to meet some friends in NYC. I purposely did nothing again yesterday with the exception of some household projects that didn't involve a lot of physical effort. I'm still not 100% today, but far better than two days ago and went to the gym for workout I was pleased with. I went a little slower than normal, but got everything done.

On the new pulmonologist front I called this morning at 9 and made an appointment for next week after initially being offered an appointment for over a month in the future that I balked at. I received a call about 30 minutes ago from the office telling me they were going to have to cancel and reschedule me for the end of September. That did not go over well and as I type I'm waiting for the office manager to get back to me to see if the doctor will see me on the originally scheduled date. I don't have high hopes as I'm a brand new patient.

Moving on to food, Friday we had a boneless chicken thigh and shrimp combo served with a salad, I didn't cook on Saturday, and last night we had steak with sautéed spiralized zucchini (zoodles) that came from our garden. Tonight is going to be pork and veggies with an Asian flavoring.

Have a great day!

5. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

First it is a tough simmer for anyone with breathing issues. My wife has been using her "rescue" inhaler daily.

My guess is the doctor's office gave you an earlier appointment to appease you knowing they would call back to reschedule.

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sorry to read about Ms. Macdiver. I can empathize, as you know.

I don't know what the thought process was and to call me only a few hours later just increased my ire. Tell me up front and let's be done with it. I still haven't heard back from the office and probably won't today as I'm a new patient with no leverage and I'm not expecting a favorable result. While I did some name dropping, not sure if I previously wrote about how I learned of the doctor, I'm not going to engage my friends to intervene on my behalf.

7. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

I saw on the news that the smoke and ashes from the fires in CA, have reached here. They said it shouldn't be a breathing problem since it is high up in the atmosphere, but there said certain conditions could change that. Maybe that is the reason for the bad air. So maybe that is related to your breathing problems. Hope you are feeling better.

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks Shamie.

Update

Not too much to write about concerning exercise; a 3 mile walk with dear dog was it.

Dinner tonight is going to be smoked meatloaf and a romaine lettuce salad.

Have a great day!

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Wednesday is my early for me late for Shamie workout day. My alarm went off as it should have, I turned it off and next thing I knew it was 2.5 hours later. Not exactly a bound out of bed and seize the day beginning. :( To compound matters I still have not gotten to the gym, but I did go for a couple of mile walk to do some errands. Meh.

Dinner tonight is going to be baked cod that will be seasoned with lemon juice and then covered in with panko bread crumbs. I'm not sure about the side yet.

Have a great day!

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    To not make this a total lose of a day I did 50 pushups this afternoon.

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A pretty decent solo workout this AM, mainly upper body.

No predictions on dinner at the moment. Wifey and dear daughter went to the beach with a couple of DD's high school friends and their respective mothers so they won't be home for dinner. In dear son's mind since the women are out this gives him full license to suggest that we go to dinner and have some fun. I guess that means eating at home with me is no fun. :lol:

Have a great day!

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Per my usual Friday schedule, not too much activity.

We may go to a local minor league baseball game tonight. If so, no cooking for me. If we don't then I'll make crab cakes and a salad.

TGIF!

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a great workout this morning. Three rounds of:

Russian twists
    Fence jumps
    Db squats
    Db lateral lunges
    Ab wheel rollouts with a hold
    Db squat presses
    Bear crawls
    One other exercise that I can't remember

After that I took dear son, who fell last week, to get his foot x-rayed since it's still swollen and bruised. Fortunately the results were negative. Anti inflammatories, ice, elevation, and rest along with wearing a brace was the recommendation.

Big thunderstorms came through the area last night so no baseball game; we went out to dinner instead. The really big thunder started later in the evening and we were up past midnight keeping fearless dear dog calm.

Given the forecast I don't think we'll be going to a baseball game tonight and we'll most likely have the crab cakes and salad that I mentioned yesterday for dinner. I had planned on making beef jerky today, but the unexpected trip for x-rays has delayed those plans. Maybe tomorrow. I'd also like to smoke a turkey breast.

Have a great day!

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Another solid workout this AM. Four rounds of:

Two point rows
    Db RDLs
    Db squats
    Lateral lunges
    Pushups
    Bear crawl holds
    Plank with hip taps
    Dead bugs

If the rain holds off I'll likely go for a walk with wifey and dear dog.

After the past few days I'm reluctant to mention dinner plans, but......tonight's the night I finally make the crab cakes. The other cooking projects are on hold for the day. Just because. :-)

Have a great day!