1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Hot dogs with mustard, hot dogs with ketchup, now hot dog's with ice cream. :eat:

You have good willpower, to pass on the desserts, and stick with fruit.

dejavued likes this.
  2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Touché Shamie. :) IMO, hot dogs with ketchup is bad enough, but with ice cream = :no: :barf: However, now that I've given the idea a nano second of thought, maybe it's so outrageous that it can be a food fad. :lol:

Thanks about the discipline.

Update

I struggled with today's workout, but kept going. Three rounds of:

Bb shoulder presses
    Assisted chin-ups
    Push ups
    Trap bar deadlifts
    Incline push ups
    Db two point rows

I think we're all home for dinner and I'm going to sous vide chicken breasts and serve that with sautéed broccoli.

Have a great day.

3. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Hey, Seltzer - do you ever post progress pics... your diligence makes me very curious.. it certainly would be inspiring....

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I haven't posted pictures of myself in a very long time. As of this morning I'm 6 feet, weigh 182 pounds, have a 43 inch chest and a 32.5 inch waist.

Update

No exercise today; it was a joy of home ownership day because for two unrelated issues I had a plumber and an electrician come to the house. There will be more fun tomorrow when someone comes to look at my furnace, but my intention is to be at the gym by 5:45 so I can be home in plenty of time before the service person arrives.

I'm not in a cooking mood today and will most likely quickly sear some shrimp and serve that with a side salad.

Have a great day!

5. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Well... you sound like you would take great photos --- more inspiration for the rest of us...:bb:

Seltzer likes this.
  6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    When the site was more vibrant I posted some pictures downstairs, but now that nobody goes there I don't see the upside of doing so and despite sharing a lot of my life in the public section I'm still reluctant to give up total anonymity to people who visit the site that I don't know.

Update

I was at my usual early morning Wednesday workout. Two circuits of four exercises with very little rest. The sequence is incorrect, but we did:

Planks with reach outs
    Duffel bag cleans
    Up/downs
    Heavy ropes with alternating reverse lunges
    TRX table top rows
    Rower
    Duffel bag clean and squats
    Dynamic pushups, meaning that while ascending to the high plank position you clap your hands

Dinner last night for me and wifey was pan seared shrimp with a salad. The kids went out for sushi. Wifey is going to dinner with some friends tonight so I may make the same thing for me and the not so yungins and save the pork roast I was originally planning for tomorrow.

Have a great day!

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a decent workout this morning consisting of four rounds of:

Skaters
    Push ups
    Db squat presses
    Up downs
    Lateral sprints

Then we did three rounds of:

Ball slams
    Kb deadlifts
    One arm Kb swings
    Weighted lateral lunges

Dinner tonight is going to be boneless pork loin roast with a jalapeno peach relish and the side is going to be cauliflower rice.

Have a great day!

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Everyone please gather your pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and paper money because I'm holding a bake sale. This week I've had the pleasure of having an electrician, plumber, furnace repair person to treat an issue not covered in my service agreement come to the house and as I write I have a car in the shop for non warranty work that will cost over a grand. :blank:

I was thinking of running today, but life has gotten in the way and my right leg/hip is bothering me so at best I'm going to walk this afternoon.

No cooking for me tonight because we're going to last week's postponed music concert and fireworks with some friends.

TGIF!

dejavued likes this.
  9. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Good for you for getting all of that work done. My heater broke the day before tax day (4/16), and I haven't had it fixed yet.:( My goal to get it done is by the end of July. The furnace works, I think the issue is the circulator. Issue for me is I have to be there, which means I need to take off from work.

Enjoy the fireworks.

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks Shamie. Clearly the furnace was not an imperative, but I figured I may as well get it taken care of instead of procrastinating. The repair guy was here for a couple of hours and thinks :rolleyes: he resolved the issue. To his credit he said he would stop by next week to check on things.

It's going to be a nice night so the concert, fireworks and picnicking should be fun.

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Lots of fun last night. I had two beers, but stayed away from the chips so I'm considering that a win.

I wasn't at my best this morning and wifey twice suggested I should think about whether or not it was a good idea to go to the gym. I went and although I didn't have a workout for the record books I'm glad I was there.

I'm not sure about dinner because we're going to watch my nephews play in a tournament about a hour from here this afternoon and depending upon how their team does we may not be home until dinner time.

Have a great day!

dejavued likes this.
  12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    No only did I not get online yesterday I also didn't workout out or cook dinner. All three are happening today so the world is back to normal.

I haven't cooked dinner since Thursday; Friday we picnicked at the concert/fireworks, Saturday we went out to dinner with a bunch of wifey's family after our nephews' tournament and last night we went out with the kids and my sister for sushi. We'll be home tonight and I'll be making blackened chicken thighs that I'm going to serve with a spring mix/arugula salad.

Have a great day!

13. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

:ohnoes:

Whew, all is well with the world.

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    So you also felt the tilt in the axis of the earth. :)

Update

Not really much of one, but dear daughter needed some new running shoes and I went with her to our local running store where I used to be a regular. The owner, store manager, and a long time employee all greeted me by name and then the inevitable question was asked and I had to say that my running/training is virtually non existent. :( Without making any guarantees maybe the conversations in the store were enough for me to change my mental attitude, do whatever I can to overcome the physical issues I've been having, and get on the road again.

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Pretty much a regular low key Tuesday. I walked into town to meet a friend for breakfast and later in the morning did 50 pushups.

Dinner tonight is going to be meatloaf cooked on my kamado grill with a side of roasted cauliflower.

Have a great day!

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Four rounds of nine exercises this morning.

Bosu ball burpees
    Kb snatch cleans
    Kb two point rows
    Mountain climbers
    Db shoulder presses
    Kb reverse lunges
    Jumping jacks
    High plank with hip touches
    Kb lateral lunges

Dinner tonight is going to be roasted pork tenderloin with a basil pesto topping and I'll probably serve a garden salad as the side.

Have a great day.

17. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

I take motivation wherever I can get it. While I like to shop in local running stores, they seem disappointed if I leave without buying anything.

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    While I only go to my local store with a purpose, sometimes it's just to get a few gels. Obviously, my last visit with dear daughter was far more lucrative to them than that.

19. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

3,000,000+ views :eek: Congratulations.

20. Laneage

Laneage Well-Known Member

Wow that's insane