1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Hopefully DW is feeling better soon

Seltzer likes this.
  2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks guys. The whole thing is a bit mysterious. She was at the gym with me yesterday AM and then started deteriorating all day and spent most of it sleeping. In the late afternoon her temperature was 101.5 and she called it a day by 5 PM. She woke up this morning and fainted, something that's never happened, went back to bed for a few hours, and is now feeling much better without a fever. Hopefully what ever is happening will leave as quickly as it came on, but if it persists through tomorrow I'm going to forcefully insist she seeks medical attention.

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Wifey is feeling better so that's a relief. There was a big turn around yesterday afternoon and soon afterward she was feeling well enough to request tacos for dinner. :-)

Exercise for the day is going to be some pushups.

It's just me and wifey for dinner tonight and I'm not sure what I'm going to cook.

TGIF!

dejavued likes this.
  4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Dinner update: Dear son will be with us and I'll be baking cod in a lemon and butter sauce and with a panko bread topping that will be garnished with parsley from our garden. The side is going to be French cut string beans.

5. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Mmmmm... but your dinner will be good.

Frankly given that your wife fainted -- I wouldn't wait until things re-occur. It might be more serious then. I would go get a check-up now.

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Justitia, wifey is feeling fine now and coincidentally she has a routine check up with our doctor scheduled for Thursday so she's going to hold off until then to discuss what happened.

Update

Our dinner plans for yesterday changed once again and it reverted to being just me and wifey so I decided to save the cod until Sunday when there will be three of us around the table. We strolled into town to find out that the restaurant we wanted to dine at, a casual Mediterranean place that I've written about before, was doing its post closing routine so we went to plan B and ordered a couple of the cold items that weren't yet put away along with some pita and walked to a park around the corner for dinner.

We were at the gym this AM for four rounds of a very similar workout to Wednesday, but a little bit tougher. We're in recovery mode now and once we get our act together we're going to a music festival for the afternoon. And because that's not enough we're going to a retirement party tonight so we'll be tired enough to struggle yet get through tomorrow's workout. :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

7. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I just noticed in this past post -- you guys go to the gym together? how cool.

I used to with PGC -- but that was largely due to his being in the very early stages of what was diagnosed then as Parkinson's - and maintaining his muscle and body strength was critical (he was the tall thin type, yet very strong as he was always very physically active). He never was in to weight-lifting or any of that form of exercise -- but that is what I knew thanks to JSF. So I would have him work-out with me. His executive functioning was in the very earliest stages of decline so it was hard for him to learn new stuff -- but together we worked it out. It was a way of feeling connected as well... though my own work-outs took a bit of a hit because I couldn't stay so focused on what I needed to do.

I would have loved the opportunity to have worked out together as a couple in full good form... Great that you guys are doing that. :tucool:

dejavued likes this.
  8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Justitia we go to the gym together on the weekend and every other Wednesday. The other days of the week we go separately due to scheduling conflicts. A big tip of the hat to you for subordinating your workouts to making sure that PGC was getting the exercise he needed to help him with his disease.

Update

Four rounds this morning of:

Rower (I peaked out with a new PR)
    Push ups
    Kb squat holds
    Duffel bag rows
    Heavy ropes
    Up/downs
    Flutter kicks

In between each exercise we did fun :rolleyes: things like burpees, jump squats, mountain climbers, and jumping jacks. Why? Just because. :blank:

We have no social plans for the day so aside from some puttering around the property we'll be able to recharge our batteries after yesterday's very full day. Dinner is going to be the baked cod I was planning on making on Friday and I'm going to serve a spring mix salad with it.

Have a great day!

9. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

I had to post, you were at 2,989,999 views. :)

Baked cod sounds good.

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A good chuckle about the post and thanks about dinner. Since I have no plans to change my journal, when I get to 2,999,999 will you be the one to turn the counter to start with a 3? :)

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Another solid workout this AM. Three rounds of:

One arm Kb squats
    Up/downs
    Kb squat presses
    Ball slams
    Ab wheel rollouts
    Leg raises
    Bicycles
    Kb bent knee crunches

I'm not sure about dinner tonight, but I can state that it won't be a heavy hot casserole.

Have a great day!

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Indoor exercise today, but no cardio even though that's what I should be doing. Pushups, planks, and BW squats are on the menu.

We're going to an outdoor concert followed by fireworks tonight so no cooking for me. Kitchen duty will resume tomorrow and I'm leaning toward shell steaks, corn on the cob, and a salad.

Have a great day!

dejavued likes this.
  13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    No gym today; I'll do some exercising at home. We're skipping our town's 4th of July parade for the first time in forever, but will attend the fireworks this evening.

The concert last night was postponed due to a thunderstorm and I wound up making mushroom raviolis with a side salad. Tonight is going to be the menu I mentioned yesterday: grilled shell steaks, corn on the cob, and a salad.

Have a great day!

IROC-Z likes this.
  14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    For the better part of the last 24 hours I've been "groggy" and essentially trying to sleep it away to no significant avail. I did go to the gym this AM for a mediocre, at best, workout. Better than nothing, but not good by any definition.

I went to bed too early to cook dinner last night so tonight is going to be the shell steaks, corn, and a salad.

Have a great day!

15. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Did you catch what your wife had last week?

Hope you feel better soon.

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks for asking and for your good wishes. The symptoms are completely different than wifey's travail. I was and am just tired.

17. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Hope you are feeling better.

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks. I went to bed shortly after dinner last night and am feeing better today.

Update

Making a decision to err on the side of cautiousness, today is going to be a rest day.

Dinner is going to be shrimp with a basil/walnut pesto, a spring mix salad, and polenta.

TGIF!

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I got the weekend started with a solid workout at the gym so yesterday's decision to rest is looking quite good right now. This afternoon we're going to a pool party/BBQ at a friend's house so no cooking for me.

Have a great day!

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I somehow stayed away from the chips and dessert cakes/pies at yesterday's party and stuck with fruit. Full disclosure: I did have a hot dog and ice cream. :-) I'm giving myself a B+ for choices and portion control.

I had a fine workout this morning, but I need to pick up my cardio conditioning.

I'm not sure about dinner; the kids are going to be out and wifey is thinking of going to a yoga class. I'll solidify plans this afternoon.

Have a great day!