1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Seltzer's Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Seltzer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    :lol: :nod:

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks M@ for bringing this journal into the four digit page category. :tucool:

Update

My lower back continues to be stiff despite stretching and using a heating pad yesterday. This morning I had to make some accommodations while exercising and if need be I'll do the same tomorrow.

As I type I'm smoking a couple of pounds of cheddar cheese. Dinner tonight is going to be grilled chicken leg quarters and a spring mix salad.

Have a great day.

3. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    :madpimp:

I didn't know I'd done it. It showed my reply on the same page. :spaz:

4. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Next milestone will be 3,000,000 views. :)

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yikes!

Update

My back was feeling slightly better than yesterday, certainly not a high hurdle to beat, so I went to the gym and only had to make minor accommodations to get through my workout.

The cheese I smoked yesterday seems to have come out just fine, but since I need to let it mellow for a few weeks before tasting I won't know the final results until then. That written, I used the same process I've used numerous times with success and have no reason to believe that yesterday's effort will not yield a fine product.

This morning I started curing a boneless pork belly that will become apple wood smoked maple bacon in about ten days.

Lastly, dinner tonight is going to be garlic/lemon juice marinated shrimp that I'm probably going to grill. I'll also be serving a spring mix salad.

Have a great day!

#19985 Seltzer, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  6. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Glad the back is better. Smoked cheese and homemade bacon :dreamy:

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks about my back and the food. I think my back soreness/tightness is stemming from my posture while seated at my desk. I don't know for sure, but for the past day or so I've been very conscious of sitting up straighter.

Update

My exercise plan for the day is to go for a run in the latter part of the morning.

I'm not sure about dinner tonight as we have plans to go to a happy hour at a bar to watch a local band that we saw about a dozen years ago and haven't heard about them playing anywhere since shortly after that. Given that they're playing from 6-9 we'll probably have some pub food and since it won't be a late evening we should be in good shape to have a good workout tomorrow AM.

JSF, a fitness site, and in one post there's been mention of cheese, bacon, and pub grub. :ohnoes::lol:

TGIF!

8. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    At least it's honest. :nod:

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Transparency, not opacity FTW! :-) There were no good choices on the menu, which I anticipated, and the sodium used in the cooking was very high so wifey and I both woke up bloated. I managed to gain over 2 pounds, so to the extent that I can hydration to flush my system will be a priority.

Update

A tougher than normal session at the gym this morning; core, upper body and some HIIT cardio. The rest of the day will be more enjoyable. We're going to an afternoon graduation party for someone we've known her entire life and afterward have been invited back to the house to hang out.

Obviously no cooking for me tonight.

Have a great day!

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    My food choices at yesterday's party were carb heavy and I didn't hydrate as much as I should have. I'm trying to rectify that today, which started with a short run and then 60 minutes at the gym.

DD, who is on her way home after a weekend in Philly (no she did not meet P'dude as far as I know :lol:) and her BF will be arriving soon to spend the week with us. Dinner tonight is going to be reverse seared rib eye steaks, a garden salad, and roasted potatoes.

Have a great day!

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Monday fun at the gym was three rounds of:

Incline bench presses
    TRX table top rows
    Pushups
    Trap bar deadlifts
    Push ups (again :blank:)
    Bb curls
    Planks

Dinner tonight is going to be shrimp burgers, roasted asparagus, and a salad.

Have a great day!

12. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

It must be tough on you to have a visitor for the whole week, since you work from home (not talking about your daughter):).

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    He's been coming here for years and is now comfortable fending for himself, if need be, so he's really quite a good guest. Obviously, I cater to him, but it's really not that much extra work. I just have to remember to make more food. :-)

Update

I walked two miles round trip this morning to meet a friend for breakfast. My bigger plan is to go for a run this afternoon.

I'm taking advantage of it only being me and my wife for dinner tonight since my son doesn't like curry and I'm going to make a mushroom pepper stir fry with Indian seasonings.

Have a great day!

macdiver likes this.
  14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I managed to get a short run done yesterday afternoon, but my body was complaining so that's not good. Wednesday's fun was 3 supersets of the following done for 3 cycles and once just straight through at the end.

Glider mountain climbers and Db RDL's
    Lateral box sprints and lateral cone to cone shuffles
    One arm heavy rope fun while in a high plank and burpees
    TRX table top rows with only one leg on the ground and pushups with a full core rotation

Wifey and I wound up going to dinner last night so I'll be using the mushrooms and peppers that I already cut up for tonight's dinner. I'm going to sauté them and serve them as a side with chicken thighs in a creamy chicken sauce. Depending upon how I feel there may be a salad or grain also involved.

Have a great day!

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I wasn't feeling energetic today, but wound up having a very fine workout. Four rounds of:

High planks with shoulder taps
    Db squats
    Kb swings
    Heavy ropes
    Jump squats
    TRX table top rows
    Single arm Db chest presses while on an exercise ball
    Dynamic step ups

Dinner tonight is going to be grilled pork tenderloin with a spring mix salad.

Have a great day!

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A two mile run/walk is what is being called exercise for the day.

I'm not sure about dinner; the kids are going out and wifey is supposed to have a girls night out with some friends that has not yet been confirmed. If it's just me I'm going to reheat leftovers.

TGIF!

17. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Two miles is double what qualifies as an official run per the run streak people. :claplow:

As a side comment, an I missing it or did the thumbs up emoji get deleted.

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks for your perspective. :tu::tucool: The emojis are on the third row in the middle.

Update

Another super set workout this AM. After that I went on a 2 mile run/walk.

Dinner plans changed last night and I wound up going out with wifey, the kids, DD's BF, and my sister for sushi; a new place for us and very good. There are no set plans yet for tonight.

Have a great day!

19. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Hot day for a run.

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yes, but when you're slow and the run is short the weather is not that much of a factor as it would be for someone like you or Mac.

#20000 Seltzer, Jun 16, 2018 at 4:06 PM
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018 at 8:06 AM