1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

SAC - Sober April Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by smuhhh, Mar 29, 2009.

1. smuhhh

smuhhh Well-Known Member

No need to explain this challange. I Thought I'd get a thread going early, so if you are interested, lets try to do April without any booze. Cheers! (or maybe not):lol:

#1 smuhhh, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  2. TooMuch

TooMuch Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm in as always.

3. smuhhh

smuhhh Well-Known Member

April 1st - no booze

4. LateStart

LateStart Well-Known Member

Finally decided that I WILL stay dry for the entire month of April!

While I have been without alcohol since Feb. 24th, I hadn't decided how much longer I wanted to go. As of this morning, I have decided (sort of :lol:)! My birthday is May 10th and I plan to stay off the sauce AT LEAST until then.

I am just enjoying the better sleep, lack of hangovers, lost weight, extra $$$ in my pocket, etc., way too much. Plus, I have recently gotten back on the weight training wagon again after a 4-month lapse and I don't want to derail that progress.

So, I am in for the month of April. :tu:

Beyond that, we shall see. Stay tuned .........

5. TooMuch

Media:
    Albums:
    Good!

I am sober since Jan. 24th and this is no longer willpower testing challenge for me. I just enjoy overall better health too.
    I think, I'll have couple of beers in may.

6. LateStart

Well, another dry weekend is history! Tomorrow makes it 8 weeks of sobriety. :tu:

On a related note, my weight has dropped 9 lbs since going on the wagon and I am almost ready to tighten my belt a notch. :lol:

7. TooMuch

Media:
    Albums:
    LateStart, good job!

Today is 3 months of sobriety for me! Can't even remember when it was last time I didn't have a drink for so long :) I feel good!

8. LateStart

The last weekend in April is by the boards. It's all downhill from here. Not too many weekday temptations, since I am presently getting up at 4 AM and working 12-14 hours a day! :lol:

I went alcohol-free for a couple of months last Spring but this time around, I am not as acutely aware of the absence. Perhaps a permanent lifestyle change is in the works? :confused:

Still thinking I might imbibe on my birthday but that is a couple of weeks away, so we'll see.

9. TooMuch

Media:
    Albums:
    Had some beers on 25th. In a good company, with friend. Was able to stop after 3rd glass. :)

10. LateStart

Finished the month out dry! :guitar:

Today marks 10 weeks without a drop of alcohol. Feeling great and my weight has dropped from 205 to 194.

Not sure what is on tap (pun intended :lol:) for May. The 10th of the month is my birthday and I will admit that I am sorely tempted to celebrate a bit. :o