1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Reynolds from Van Wilder, seriously bulked up for Blade: Trinity (pics)

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by gr1fter, Aug 16, 2004.

1. ethan

ethan Well-Known Member

anyone know how long it took him to transform between pics?

2. ShadowPenguin

ShadowPenguin Well-Known Member

Blade 1 ROCKED!!

Blade 2 definetly not as good as 1 but i enjoyed it just the same.

Blade Trinity looks like it'll blow both of them away

3. kmfisher

kmfisher Well-Known Member

I think that Van Wilder was a few years ago, but he probably didn't change much until he started working out.

He put on 20 lbs of muscle, but I doubt it was two months. There's an interview on about.com with them, and he said they kept getting bigger during the filming of the movie. He said they were at their peak shape 5 months into filming. You can actually see them getting bigger during the movie. She was so big in the shoulders they had to have her stop working them out to tone down.

They must have had one great personal trainer and nutrionalist.

4. blueoblivion

blueoblivion Well-Known Member

yeah, you can't leave out us girls on here! jessica looks amazing, her arms are great... exactly what i've been trying to achieve, so now i've got some new motivation.

:tu:

5. Shadow12

Shadow12 Well-Known Member

How long did it take him?
    I think he looks excellent but not far from atainable by your average guy.

6. ethan

ethan Well-Known Member

i read that it took 6 months of training, he gained 24 pounds

7. hars

hars Well-Known Member

http://www.ryanreynolds.tv/bladeqa.html

Very interesting, and even better is the fact that it mirrors (although perhaps not to quite a hardcore regime) what everyone has been saying on this board!

Also very interesting was the fact it was done with no cardio! I'm sure the martial arts training etc must have contributed to the way he looks though.

I'm gonna look like that some day dammit!!!!! :spaz:

8. Shadow12

Shadow runs off and atempts 1000 sit ups. Comes back feeling like his stomach needs to be removed. 1000 sit ups is crazy, that is what bruce lee did. Six months is a short time for that kind of transformation but having a personall trainer and nutritionist there telling what to do sure helped a lot.

9. TheLemonSong

TheLemonSong Well-Known Member

I could do 1000 situps, I doubt I'd even be sore...but isn't that overtraining....right now I'm doing 100 cable crunches w/ 100lbs and then 100 crunches and 100 lower ab lifts...500-1000 situps ain't got nothin' on me!

10. TheLemonSong

In fact, I'm really bored and I'm going to try 1000 situps here in a little bit...we'll see if I'm up to the challenge!

11. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I wonder if he meant crunches, because as everyone knows sit-ups are rather passe. ;)

12. TheLemonSong

I did about 100 in 2 min. and stopped for three reasons A) Its 3am (I'm waiting for Olympic basketball at 6:30am..yes I'm that hardcore, I'm from Indiana what do you expect?) and I'm tired (plus I had a bit to drink early in the evening), B) Counting that high really sucks, C) My tailbone/butt really hurt from doing this...my abs didn't really get sore whatsoever but my tailbone and butt started hurting from the movement really quick. Sometime soon I plan to do this 1000 crunch/situp test when I have an hour or so to kill and I can just do 10 sets of 100 or 4 sets of 250...what do ya'll think is the best way to break that down??

Chicanerous-- crunches are recommended over situps due to neck issues. If you're careful of your neck it doesn't matter which you do, but the extra motion involved w/ situps only really benefits you in terms of raising your HR, the motions themselves are nearly identical for working ab muscles.

13. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Yep. By passe I meant out of style as in that people favour ab movements that can't involve the hip flexors.

14. wesaft

wesaft Well-Known Member

This is intressting, your mental attitude is very important. I work alot with positive images of myself. See myself succed will make it happen sooner or later :)

15. Shadow12

you can honestly do 1000 + sit ups wow i am impressed. Maybe i should try to do more. On average i do about 200. Well i will try and tell you how i get on.

16. ChrisnAustin

ChrisnAustin Well-Known Member

and...dare I say it...Beverly Hills' 4 star, physician supervised, steroidal supplementation program.....I wanna be a star , too!

17. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Nah, if he trained for six months and put on 20#s of muscle then that's a little less than .85 a week. With all the perks he has (trainer, advanced recovery methods (massage, hot tub, etc), 2-3 hour workouts, diet premade and carefully managed, tailored exercise program, good genetics) it's very doable without steroids.

18. inurb

inurb Well-Known Member

Wow Reynolds looks amazing. That is one hell of an accomplishment.

19. supirman

supirman Well-Known Member

Why the hell would anybody want to do that many situps (Lemon, you're insane :) ). I don't know how many I can do since I DON'T DO THEM. If I did do them, I'd do my crunches correctly, which would be a few sets of 15-20 and then I'm dead.

20. inurb

inurb Well-Known Member

So supriman what do you do for your abs? I mean they looks like they are popping out of your abdomen you must do something for them to look like that? I guess you must have good genes.