1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Run bmac Run

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by bmacntmac, Dec 1, 2006.

Tags:
  1. bmacntmac

bmacntmac Well-Known Member

My meeting got canceled last night so it wasn't too tough to get my run in. 3 miles in the books. It was still pretty hot and humid.
    Nothing sucks the life out of your legs quite like that muggy, sticky air.

Back to lifiting tonight. Push exercises. The nutrition didn't start out well today as I overslept and grabbed some sort of breakfast bar going going out the door. I'll be close to home later this morning and I'll get some good food.

Thanks for the input on the karate guys. It's too late for the class that has already started but I think Marek will join the next available class. He really needs the discipline/focus that I think it teaches. Besides, he already has the cute factor. He already runs around the house getting into a karate stance going "HHAAAA YYAAAAAA" and moving his hands around like he knows what he is doing.

Have a great day. Weather looks like its going to be beautiful here!

2. jchantelau

jchantelau Well-Known Member

:lol: Make it a great day BMAC!

3. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth! Early morning or indoor runs seem to be the only options on those days.

4. bmacntmac

Mac had a ball game last night that lasted until a little after 8pm. We then went to watch another game of the daughter of some good friends. We didn't walk in the door until 10:05. I didn't really want to lift but I did. And I was glad I did. It was a great workout.

BB bench, DB incline, one arm military, tricep push downs. Went up in weight or reps on everything. (Part of that is the fact that it was just the second time doing these exercises) I think I'm at a good weight/rep for all of them now.

Another ballgame tonight and another 3 mile run!

We are starting the last phase of developing our land today. We have to lower the existing road that leads into our cul-de-sac by about a foot. (There is a sight distance problem coming out of our road. By lowering the existing road we will take that problem away. Once we do that we can put the final course of asphalt on our road and finish up the ditches and grading of the easements. Then it will look like a neighborhood. ) Minus the houses.

Make it a great day!!

5. jchantelau

Man...you are one busy guy these days, congrats on getting those workouts done. Hope all goes well with the neighborhood!

6. Ecrivain

How cool! Congratulations. :claplow:

7. bmacntmac

Thanks, but it means we have to take our last draw from the bank now to pay for this phase. We are in the process of refinancing our home loan to lock in our interest rate from the adjustable rate we had and I had to go to the bank to get a summary of the land loan. The numbers nearly jumped off the page and smacked me in the face. I'm a lucky man. Tami should have left me the day I had her sign the papers. It will all work out in the end when the lots sell......but without dealing with the paperwork on a day to day basis.....the amount we owe is pretty scary.

I don't normally like running on the track. However, with a 30 minute lightning delay in Mac's ballgame, we did not get home until 9:00 and I've mentioned before that Tami does not like me running in the dark. So I made the 4 minute drive over to the local high school track. It's a brand new track and very leg/knee friendly.

I did 3 miles in 27:30. I started with a .25 mile warmup and then did 100 m intervals. I ran the straights hard (not quite sprints) and jogged the corners. Then finished up with a .25 mile cooldown. Very good workout!!! I was drenched. But I felt very strong throughout the entire run.

Lifting tonight. Deads, front pull downs, side raises, and BB BO rows. I need to lift hard because we are going to the Mongolian BBQ tomorrow night with some friends.:eat:

No workouts on Saturday and a longer slow run on Sunday. Probably 4-5 miles.

Have a great weekend! Everything in moderation!!

8. jchantelau

Great workout BMAC. I did that workout, well similar, last fall and loved it. I will be doing that again. Great time for 3 miles.

I'm sure it is :scared:scary but like you said it will pay off!

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Bmac, you've been real consistent on getting those workouts in no matter what time you have to start, which is usually late at night, and your determination is very admirable.

Good luck with the land and house project. Did you ever meet with that guy who is relocating and stood you up a while back?

10. Ecrivain

That's the key sentence to keep in mind right there.

Mmm... Mongolian BBQ. :drool::drool::drool: Have a big bowl o' beef for me, okay!

11. bmacntmac

Our electric was out when I got home last night. A HUGE storm had rolled thru at about 5:30. We sat on the back porch until it passed. Mac, Marek, and Maren then turned on the sprinkler and played in the yard for awhile. (The storm had passed, but it was still raining pretty hard.) McKenna was pretty bummed because she had to stay on the porch. She's been very good about keeping her cast dry over the last 5-6 weeks. 5 more days and it comes off.

Tami wanted to see what work was done at the property and she also did not want to cook so we got a pizza and headed out to have a picnic. When we got there it was still raining so we looked at the work that was done and then headed over to my mom's house to eat on her covered back porch. She lives 1.1 miles from where we'll be living.

Chowed down on too much pizza and then saw that mom had out the chocholate chip cookie dough ice cream for the kids. Being HER kid, of course i had a cone too. (Then finished Maren's when she couldn't keep up with the melting.) :doh::o

We didn't get home until well after 10:00 and I did not get my lifting in. Hopefully today. Mac has his last game at 10am and we have my nephew's 1st birthday party from noon-2pm. That gives me until about 4:15 to lift. Our friends are picking us up at 4:45 to go to BD's!!
    Note to self: Get extra plate o' beef for E.

I got to open my father's day gift last night. I had mentioned that I would like either a DB rack or a plate tree for the basement. Tami came thru with the perfect gift, as always. I had found both at Play it Again Sports. One for like $40 and the other for like $70. She went to Dick's Sporting Goods and found a combo for $80. Now I have to actually take it out of the box and put it together. :lol:

Well, better get some work done so i can go to the ball game.

Happy Father's Day to all you dad's. And take the time to thank the mother of your kids. Without them you wouldn't be a father!

12. bmacntmac

13. jchantelau

14. Ecrivain

Nice rack! ;)

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    That's a nice gift and one that you'll get much use out of.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

16. bmacntmac

Mac won his last ballgame on Saturday. He now has a week off until the league tournament. He pitched 3 shutout innings.

After the game we went to my nephew's 1st birthday party. I had a cheeseburger and some baked beans. I didn't eat too much because I knew that we were going to BD's later in the evening. After the party I got in a pretty good lift (dead lifts, bo bb rows, side raises, and front lat pull downs.) I also got half of my new rack put together before it was time to get ready for dinner.......that's when things got bad.

I think I got food poisoning. I had 2 medium plates of food, which is what I usually get there. (We eat there probably twice a year.) I think it was from the seafood that I ate. Crab meat, shrimp, and talapia. I don't know if they didn't cook it enough or what, but I started feeling bad at about 10pm Saturday night. I didn't get out of bed until about 10 am. It felt like a real bad hangover. The only thing I ate all day Sunday was 2 pieces of dry toast. Today I had 2 more pieces of toast for breakfast. About an hour ago I got a milk shake from Wendy's. I wanted a chicken sandwich but it just did not sound good to me. I figured I better eat something....and a shake is the only thing that I thought I could stomach.

Needless to say, I did not get my run in this weekend. And I probably won't lift tonight. 200 calories worth of toast and a milk shake isn't the greatest fuel for a good lifting session.

I checked the results for the 5 mile race yesterday. I could have come in 3rd or 4th in my division. The first two cruiser finishers ran at about an 8:10 pace. Too fast for me. But then the next group to come in was over a 10:00 pace. Oh well, no way I was running yesterday.

Storms are moving in here. I think I'll work a couple more hours and take off early.

17. jchantelau

Hope your feeling better!

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Brian, hope you're feeling better.

19. Ecrivain

Sorry to hear you had such a rough weekend. :( Take care of yourself.

20. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

ugh, food poisoning, nooooooooo!!!:p Hope you're all better tomorrow....