1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Routine

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by Thenew985, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Thenew985

Thenew985 New Member

Newbie here I'm 31 5'8 200lbs wanting to lose body fat and gain muscle. I'm having issues finding a good routine I'm needing something to fit every other week due to my work schedule. I have a bowflex treadclimber and some free weights. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member

First welcome.

What type of free weights? Dumbbells, Olympic bar, etc? Do you have a bench? Squat rack?

There are some really good programs depending on your equipment.

Most hotels have dumbbells and a bench that you can use while traveling if that is why you are considering every other week. It will be better to try and do something that week to help build consistency which is the real key to fitness.

3. Thenew985

Thenew985 New Member

I have dumbbells and a bench but that's it.

4. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member

Perfect.

My favorite dumbbell routine is a superset routine. You do 8 reps of exercise A then do 8 reps of exercise B with no rest. After B rest 90 seconds then repeat for 3 total sets. After 3 sets rest 90 seconds and move to the next group of exercises.

A. Lunges
    B. Bench

A. Single leg dead lifts
    B. Over head press

A. Bench row
    B. Bench dips

For examples I recommend ExRx (Exercise Prescription) on the Internet.

That website has other routines as well.

Thenew985 likes this.