1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Ronnie Coleman

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by Crunchdaddy, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Crunchdaddy

Crunchdaddy Active Member

Have any of you guys watched some of the Ronnie Coleman training videos? I recently bought Ronnie Coleman the Unbelievable and holy crap, that guy can lift an unbelievable amount of weight.

800lb deadlifts for 2 reps (5 weeks before the Olympia)
    220lb dumbell presses for 12 reps
    bent over rows with 6 plates per side
    200lb seated reverse flyes (rear delts)

Heh, at least I workout with heavier weights on my dumbell curls (he says "I already have enough biceps" lol)

Anyways, his food choices were interesting - a lot of what looked like plates full of chicken tenders (maybe grilled or baked) that he just microwaves and slops some bbq sauce on. Anyone know where to get something like these chicken tenders? Seems like a great choice in a pinch.

He also appeared to snarf on a huge plate of french fries drizzled with Ketchup - did I see that right? Are there some kind of healthy fries out there?

Well, just posting a few thoughts and questions - we don't talk enough about these guys, even if they potentially use stuff like HGH.

2. gitoutmyi

gitoutmyi Active Member

could be sweet potato fries

and i'd be willing to put a lot on the line in saying he is enhanced

#2 gitoutmyi, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  3. Crunchdaddy

I thought they might be too, but they are definitely yellow and not orange.

As for the "enhancements", I don't think there is any doubt every Olympia winner in the past 40 years has been there. I hesitated since I believe it is not condoned on these forums to discuss. Speaking of this, are there any magazines out there that aren't complete bs in terms of promoting products and programs of huge enhanced users?

4. Azure

Azure Active Member

He is enhanced.

Guy is so pumped full of steroids its sickening.

5. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Why is it sickening? His decision, and he has obviously profited from it.

6. Hockey4

Hockey4 Active Member

There's no doubt Ronnie has been abusing steroids and HGH for years. I don't think it takes away from what he's accomplished though, considering it's almost expected in his sport. I could take all that junk and never look anything like that, so he had to put in the work to get there.

Plus, he's one of the few bodybuilders with legit freak strength. He's not quite on the level of a powerlifter his size, but he's at least in the same ballpark. For a guy training for maximum hypertrophy most of the time, that's pretty impressive.

7. Crunchdaddy

Yeah, I give the guy credit for working damn hard even though he had phenomenal genes. He may have the HGH distended belly, but his feats of strength for a guy bodybuilding are astounding.

Light Weight Baby!!!!!

8. CuTe PoIsOn

CuTe PoIsOn Active Member

I used to look up to ronnie and the other guys before I knew they were all taking roids, know I just want to go for the "Mens Health"/"GQ" Model look, I think Its much better look to have and of course natural.

#8 CuTe PoIsOn, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  9. Thrust

Thrust Active Member

http://www.onfitnessmag.com/ :tucool:

No promotion of junk supplements or "sponsored" articles.

We owe you, as an OnFitness Magazine reader, the absolute truth and accuracy in magazine journalism, with no advertising hype like many of our competitors. We ask you to subscribe. In fact, to earn your subscription is our basic objective. Then, with your subscription commitment in hand, we can concentrate on making OnFitness Magazine the finest publication in the fitness industry.

We rely mostly on word of mouth to spread the word that we exist and that we are worthwhile. Our continued growth is testimony to the power and value of quality. When we succeed in earning your subscription, our relationship becomes one of mutual support; a symbiotic kind of bond that we value above all else.

10. CuTe PoIsOn

Mens fitness and mens health, there wouldnt be any roid users In those but there are alot of adverts on hair products etc

11. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Why do you say this? I doubt they drug test their models.

12. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

They don't need to be healthy in order to promote growth. He was probably eating that stuff during the off season.

13. CuTe PoIsOn

dude you know by looking at the models they their physiques are perfectly atainable, without the usage of roids, These models have good sized backs, chests, legs and arms, nothing looks too big, which is the human form, cover modes dont need roids, its just good diet and training. their key is to look big but not be big.

Its this type of look which is within all of us:

[​IMG]

14. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

No offense but he looks scrawny to me

15. gitoutmyi

gitoutmyi Active Member

true but personally, i'd rather look like that than ronnie coleman any day...

but i will agree, i would prefer to be bigger

#15 gitoutmyi, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  16. CuTe PoIsOn

Ok that was a bad choice to pick for a good sized cover model so here we go:

[​IMG]

Thats mark walhberg , now look at that for a physique, would you rather look like ronnie or mark here? NO COMPETITION

17. Hort

Hort Well-Known Member

Trust me- those models have their share of drug users too.

18. CuTe PoIsOn

I would agree to a certain extent, however the majority of these physiques are natural and clean, Ive been In agencies were the models get 24/7 assistence with diet and training, yet there are some who would fall into the loop holes yet no where near as much as Mr O's and stuff. Plus a girl would actually go out with you for having a body like this lol rather than looking like an ape.

19. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Coleman looked great as a football player and for about the the first couple of years as a pro bodybuilder. In his exercise shots, he wasn't using much weight and many at that time beat him. Then he found a new chemical set, and everything changed. There are very few in bodybuilding today that are clean, some just don't overdo it. But you don't win in IFBB contest clean, I think the downfall was when AAU got out of the bodybuilder contest business. Also powerlifting is very drug infiltrated.:cool:

20. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

It is silly when people use natural as an excuse to be mediocre. Hard work and persistence will pay dividends.

Too many times I've seen someone put up a big weight and other people screamed steroids, when in fact they just weren't afraid to keep adding weight to the bar every week. You can't be afraid to get injured or try something that doesn't work. Everything has it's risks and rewards, and to me the risk of being injured pays 10x when I am bigger, stronger, and faster than the guy who was afraid to get hurt.