1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Ron Coleman's "UNBELIEVABLE" Video Clips

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by 1FastGTX, Aug 18, 2005.

1. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

2. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

For some reason my computer won't play ANY of the vids you post. I'm gonna have to let Jr. make the correct adjustment as I am computer illiterate.

3. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

I always enjoy watching the big boys train. I would never want to look like they do, but I sure admire their intensity and dedication. Good stuff, thanks for posting the videos!

Is it me, or do many guys around Ronnie's size seem to have somewhat limited range of motion on many exercises? Maybe they are so muscle bound it just seems that way, I dunno.

I also noticed that when Ronnie does deads that he sorta bounces the plates off the floor. I don't let the plates touch the floor until I'm done with my set, because that is how I was taught. Obviously he's doing it safely and is getting world-class results, so I guess it just underlines the notion that just because the pros do something it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone should be doing it. Or maybe I'm just doing deads wrong? :whistle:

One minor correction: "200lb. DB Military (200lb. EACH ARM)" should be 200lb. DB Bench Press (unless the camera was at a weird angle, har har.) ;)

4. slush_puppy

slush_puppy Well-Known Member

Whoa... the way the barbell bends when he picks it up in those deadlifts says it all! :d_eek:

5. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

John, you are doing right.

Sad, he looked good when he was a football player at Grambling. If they keep HGHing and steroiding themselves, they will never see 60. And the contests will begin to fail at the boxoffice like the he-females have for ms.olympia. The public will be turned off. You have to look long and hard to find anyone that wants a body like that.

#5 RTE, Aug 18, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2005
  6. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

NP! :) Just a quick Yahoo Video Search, no biggie! I was thinking about ripping the DVD, but, err, that's illegal. :D

Yeah, but I think the limited ROM is expected with the larger muscles. I'm just guessing though, never really thought about it.

Yeah, I do NOT bounce either but I do let the plates touch the floor a lot of the time (okay, most of the time!). Ronnie definitely breaks most of the "rules" we all follow, but I ain't arguing with him about it. I would not say YOU are doing deads wrong though, John. I wouldn't argue with you about training either! :bow:

AHAHAHA OOPS. I need a vacation. :P Thanks for correcting that!

7. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

This argument again??? I do not disagree with you, but come on...

8. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Not an argument just a statement. When I see those bodies epecially when they are moving, It just pops out. But keep posting them. Good find.

9. jsbrook

jsbrook Well-Known Member

Well, yeah. Bodybuilding has certainly changed. Probably for the worse in my opinion. I would say that 99.99999% of people who see the top pros today would not want to look like them. Not so for bodybuilders of decades past. Many probably dreamed of having those physiques. But that's just he way things are right now. Maybe they'll cycle back at least somewhat. Still, I find today's bodybuilders enormously impressive, albeit in a freakish, circus-quality kind of way.

10. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

You're right, it does pop out. I didn't mean to be a jerk (hope I wasn't; I thought about it after I posted), I'm just tired of that discussion, that's all. Most people agree with your stance on it though.
    :tucool:

11. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Yep, I don't bounce, but I do put it on the ground in between reps as well. :)

12. kmfisher

kmfisher Well-Known Member

A lot of us could be like him if we used as many roids, hgh, and other illegal crap that he does. Sure, he's superstrong, but who wouldn't be with that many drugs in their system?

I have a very hard time respecting anybody who has to use drugs to achieve their goals.

Edit: removed supirman reference

#12 kmfisher, Aug 19, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  13. glenn_001

glenn_001 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if you took away the drugs it would still be the same lineup at the olympia, maybe in a different order, all the drugs in the world are no match for those that are genetically gifted.

How do you know supirman wasn't on drugs? because he said so?

On the subject of Ronnie, check this out for a transformation.

http:www.thebiguniverse.com/coleman/transform.html

You need macromedia flash installed.

#13 glenn_001, Aug 19, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  14. kmfisher

kmfisher Well-Known Member

And that would be fine by me. I respect gifted athletes and what they can achieve naturally. I feel that these "body builders" do more damage for society than anything. How many people (men or women) do you hear saying they don't want to be that big, or they don't want to get that muscular and they avoid weight lifting due to this? These people have caused thousands to not workout, exercise, or be healthy, due to their cartoon steroided bodies.

I have no idea if he was or wasn't, but considering he was only 170 lbs and very honest about the fact that he was always strong even as a kid, then I doubt it.

15. Enigma66

Enigma66 Well-Known Member

Just my opinion, but I think he looks way more aesthetically pleasing in the first pic at 220lbs.

16. jsbrook

Not to mention that they train their asses off. The fact that these guys are on copious amounts of juice does not detract from their impressiveness. They work hard as hell. I bet just as hard as any natrual bodybuilder. The drugs give them freakish physiques. But steroids don't do that without training like hell. Without the drugs, I think they'd still be among the tops in the world because of genetics and dedication. The tops (them) would just look different natural. Conversely, most lifters in the world who aren't using wouldn't even come close if they went the steroid route. The lack the drive, dedication, and genetics. I don't like the direction modern building has gone. But I don't for one minute think the achievements of the top pros can be discounted because of steroid use.

17. jsbrook

I'd agree. I think most people would.

18. brezman

brezman Well-Known Member

Agreed, Ronnies at the top, drugs or not. If it was all drugs how come theres only one or two ppl even close to competing with him?

Also, you can go over to anabolicreview and search for posts by supirman and see all the cycles he's done.

19. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Yes, Ron Coleman is a beast with extremely insane genetics but he is no different than any other IFBB pro. In my minds eye he is a criminal, and jsbrook I think you, as well as many others on this board work just as hard or harder than these guys. During my very first bodybuilding competition, the promoter told us at the competitors meeting that we work harder than the guys who juice. At the time I was green with naivite and did not understand what he meant. Now many years later, I know exactly what he meant and it is true. The drugs can't bail us out from poor diet, missed workouts, heck we can't even overtrain. We have to be aware of what we are doing at all times. For the natural competitor, the work involved cannot rely on any crutch. Recently, an IFBB pro went on a rant stating how they do not get the respect and monetary rewards of other pro athletes. Then turns around and states that he would never again inject into his quadriceps because of the pain! Well, how would that play out if a pro baseball player or pro football player admitted the same? What warrants respect for these pro bodybuilder's? Personally, my respect goes out to members of this forum, and the like, who must work their tails off without any crutches or artificial backup, or criminally negligent behavior. To me, the present state of the IFBB is akin to the WWF. ...Nothing more than a cheap source of entertainment.

20. jsbrook

Well, I really don't know. I work hard. I've gone from 158 at 5'7 to 179 (lean) from my last bulk. And my strength has gone up exponentially. And I'm far from done. Many people on this board very hard as well. As a natural bodybuilder, I know you do too. Truthfully, I do have more respect for natural lifters. And I'm not claiming to be a steroids expert. But I don't think the top pros are slacking off. I think they are training very hard and eating huge. I do think think that there ARE plenty of lifters who use steroids and take the easy way out. They slack, eat sub-optimally, will miss some workouts, and slack in ones they do make. And because of anabolic aid, they are still quite big and strong. But nowhere near the top pros. I'm not saying that steroid use is the right choice. But I think the top level bodybuilders do work hard in addition to taking steroids. But again, I don't really know for sure.