1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Regained everything and then some

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by woeisemma, Nov 9, 2010.

1. woeisemma

woeisemma Well-Known Member

Me:
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 166.6
    Body fat: 23.8 %

Goal:
    Weight: 140
    Body fat: 18%

So I started my weight loss journey on JSF about 6 years ago. I was a wee 20 or 21 year old then. Now I am turning 28 in a few weeks and find myself heavier than I have ever been in my life. Just last summer I was 137 lbs, and today I tipped the scale at 166.6. My food intake is pretty much the same as it was when I was 137, except I drink a lot more now..pretty much 4-5 days a week I'll have 3 glasses of wine a night. I know I need to stop it. I hope journaling here will help my bad habit. I guess another reason I have regained weight is because I have been single for the last year too. I am not at a healthy weight and need to cut out the excessive drinking. I am here to get my healthy lifestyle back. I am also struggling with a little bit of depression. I'm not going to post what I eat until my weight stalls, and then I will love feedback and suggestions. For now I will be posting here to keep myself on track, and keep my mind on fitness and getting healthy again. If I drink I will post it, because I need to stop it.
    So today I weighed: 166.6
    Exercise: 60 min on the treadmill tonight around 8:30pm.

2. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

I have a personal training business that can help you reach, and exceed your goals. My services are listed on my web site www.mastover.com

More importantly, I am a recovering alcoholic going on 27 years. I am also a drug/alcohol counselor relating with individuals, families, and extending families. This service is FREE OF CHARGE. I will help you, or advise you, free of charge.

I applaud you for recognizing and getting into a good diet and training routine. If you need help with anything else external, like you've mentioned, I can help with that as well.

You've come to the realization... Now is the time to act...

Good luck with whatever you decide...

3. woeisemma

It happened

So even though I'm heavier now then I was even 5 months ago, and my self esteem is shot, I decided to go on a date this weekend. Turns out the man said I was very pretty, but that I should have listed my body type as heavy instead of athletic. That hurt. Oh well, just more motivation. I am at my heaviest weight, so guess I deserved it.
    Did 30 min cardio, 2.6 miles on the treadmill and lifted shoulders and bis for 30 min. Calories were clean and healthy. No alcohol today.
    Weight: 164

#3 woeisemma, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  4. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

I ended a 6 year old relationship a year and a half ago, had to find a place of my own on a very low budget, felt scared and lonely, started smoking (connected to the new feeling of being free to do whatever I wanted, even if it meant destroying myself) and drinking occasionally. It took 10 months and 7 kg more to realize I didn't want to be a woman of 30 with cellulite on her arms, with low self esteem when it came to my body, fearing I'd become seriously depressed again, and (worst of all fears) that I'd never again meet anyone worth being with. But i thought: if i can't make it on my own then i'll be no good to anyone. and if i can find a way to be happy with myself on my own, i'll be happy with someone in the future. it worked.:)
    recently, things are difficult again, my BF is away, and i'd come home from work feeling upset and then have a brandy to calm myself. i'd feel a strong need to get drunk and forget about all my worries and once in two weeks i'd have more than i usually do, but i'd stop myself on time.
    i'm writing this because i saw some similarities in our stories, and if i regained my balance, so can you. it's all under our control.

- regular exercise helps fight depression because it helps maintain chemical balance in you brain, so if you do it as planned, you've eliminated one worry in your life:)
    - allow yourself a drink once in a while, but work hard in the meantime and try to have a rational amount of alcohol. a glass of wine a week in a good company will do no harm
    - forget about weighing yourself. i lost 5 cm in my waist in the past 6 months or so, and only 2 kg. it's about two sizes in clothes. so use tape measure instead.
    - you didn't post what you eat. don't forget that exercise, diet and sleep are all almost equally important. thinking thoroughly about all of these and tuning them finely will help your mind stay focused on positive things instead of wandering off to thoughts about what some random guy said about your body. And i think you didn't deserve it.:nono: Saying you were pretty was ok, and he should have stopped at that. He's either paying you a compliment or he's not. If he cannot decide which it is, he's just dumb.
    I'd avoid going on blind dates and go out with friends more. There is one thing that's universally attractive: self-confidence. You don't seem to have it right now and going on dates, being 'tested' in a way, subjected to other's judgement will not help much. Enjoy life on your own. You're young, you have a lifetime before you, wonderful things will happen in due time. Read, educate yourself, work on your inner beauty as well, that's something that always covers up all physical imperfections.:) There's so much you can do and enjoy it, so many opportunities! Focus on yourself and yourself only. Everything else will fall in it place in time. You'll be fine.:nod:

5. woeisemma

Got my period yesterday, which could explain the weight gain, as I got my period 2 weeks ago.
    weight: 163.2
    back is hurting so much I can hardly walk. no exercise today. no appetite though craving pickles and salt.

6. woeisemma

Thank you.

7. woeisemma

159.2 -- Great to know I was so bloated from an irregular period. I lost control drinking wise yesterday, thought some bad things and said things I shouldn't have. Losing control is scary.

8. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Give me a PM or contact me please. :)

9. Mauidude

Mauidude Active Member

I don't know what your motivators are, as everyone is different. For me, i would take that experience as a motivation to show that guy what he is really missing out on. You have the ability to change your appearance as you've demonstrated in the past. Now you just need to find the proper motivation to put that into practice.

I'm sure it took a lot of guts to post what you did as most women I know wouldn't be that honest. That says something about you. You've got the guts to do what most women wouldn't.

Take it one step at a time, one day at a time. Its easer to chew small bites than big gulps.

10. woeisemma

Start of week #2. I lost 8 lbs my first week, but that is due to being extremely bloated from 2 binge days and then period bloat. My eating is on track and so are my work outs. I am more motivated then I have been in over a year. Did not drink any alcohol yesterday or today.

11. woeisemma

Yay! 10 lbs gone!
    156.0 this morning. Crazing how bloated I was my first week. Hopefully the weight continues to fall off me. I would like to see 152 by Saturday when I go on a small trip. I'm surprised I've been able to go a week without having a tv dinner. I've been eating plain chicken, brown rice, small salads, and eggs, with a few slices of cheese, raisens and almonds. This diet is apparently working very well for me. I don't think I've ever lost 10 lbs in a week before. I used Slimquick pills for a few days, and I wonder if that helped me at all. I ran out so I am going to buy another bottle today. Tonight I will buy more rice and cook my chicken for the week. I also need more salad. I'm going to the gym tonight, but not sure what mood I'll be in. I would like to do 45 min cardio and work my back.
    Today has been a great day so far. Besides my weigh in, I scheduled two interviews today for Thursday morning. I am so excited. I am getting my hair cut and colored tomorrow morning, so I will be all fresh for my interviews and my trip this weekend.

12. woeisemma

Jogged 3.2 miles and lifted back. weight after gym was: 155 and 22% body fat.