1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Record breaking 215 lb squat

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by KT Monahan, Mar 21, 2012.

1. KT Monahan

KT Monahan Active Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2118133/Schoolgirl-10-breaks-world-weightlifting-record-heaving-TWICE-bodyweight.html

[​IMG]

A primary school girl has smashed a world weightlifting record - by hoisting more than two times her own bodyweight.
    Naomi Kutin, 10, claimed the astonishing achievement after squatting 215 pounds - despite weighing just under 93 pounds herself.
    She lifted the staggering amount - which weighs the same as Mike Tyson in his prime - in front of a packed crowd in Texas, USA.

[​IMG]

The schoolgirl - who is only in year six and stands at just 4ft 8in tall - stunned onlookers by claiming the women's world record, outdoing the previous holder - a 44-year-old.
    Naomi said: 'A lot of my friends and all of my teachers didn't believe me when I said I had broken the world record.

'It was only when I brought in my medal and certificate that they did. Everyone thought it was really cool.
    'It's great being stronger than everyone I know. I'm always beating the boys in sports at school.'
    And her proud dad Ed, from New Jersey, USA, said: 'Naomi has always jumped higher and done more push ups than other kids her age, even the boys.
    'But beneath it all she is just a normal, shy ten-year-old with an extraordinary talent