1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Recomp

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by Automagic, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Automagic

Automagic Member

John Stone was originally my inspiration for living a healthy lifestyle. I was on here a couple of years ago under the name "solarphoenix."

I would like to show my progress to hopefully inspire others to live healthy. Thank you John.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Process:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. daciz2

daciz2 Well-Known Member

right on bro. lookin jack3d

3. george mavridis

george mavridis Active Member

You've done well...lots of hard work and dedication there paying of.

4. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Incredible job! Well done! :tucool:

5. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Wow. Outstanding job. Amazing transformation. What was the time frame from the top pic to the bottom pic?

6. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

You couldn't have picked a better role model than John Stone to use as your inspiration. Congrats on a big turn around....

7. KT Monahan

KT Monahan Active Member

Awesome. I was just reading some of your old posts under Solarphoenix and just want to say great job.

8. Automagic

Automagic Member

About two years in total... I must admit, I lost motivation for about 8 months due to family issues about 11 months in. I have been back into lifting and living healthy for the last 5 months and I will absolutely not let anything stop me this time, aside from death.

I spun my wheels at first, trying to cut while skinny-fat. After a couple of months, I realized that it was ineffective. I bulked to put on some muscle, and fat, then ate slightly under maintenance to preserve the small amount of muscle I gained.

My current goal is to hit 8% body fat, then go for a very clean bulk up to about 180 pounds.

9. stallion16

stallion16 Well-Known Member

wow! absolutely incredible. Definitely an inspirational TSM candidate! BTW, you look like you're pretty close to 8%. I can't imagine it taking much longer.

Just wondering, what type of diet/workout routine you followed? and did you have any residual loose skin left over after your cut?

10. Automagic

Automagic Member

Thank you. There is only lose skin, when i bend my stomach (when sitting, and other such activities.) Stretch marks faded to white with tanning.

Diet consisted of mostly grilled chicken breast strips, raw veggies, almonds, peanuts, wheat bread, brown rice, peanut butter (a lot), oranges... the occasional cookie or treat as well. But honestly, if you just eat at a deficit and hit your macros, you should do fine.

Workout routine: I tried to learn on my own as i went...i hardly ever asked for alot of advice, yet I should have.

my routine prior to a month ago:

Day 1: Back/Biceps/Traps
    Day2: Chest/Triceps
    Day 3: Core
    Day 4: Legs

Rest days in between as needed. I usually do 30 minutes of regular cardio every other day. I had very poor form most of the time.

I noticed that my progress had stalled, so I did a little research and modified a bit.

Day 1: Chest/Core
    Day 2: Back/Shoulders
    Day 3: Legs
    Day 4: Arms

Cardio is still regular and about 40 minutes a session every other day. I reduced my weight a bit to focus on my form, which has done wonders, I feel truly sore and worked after a workout now. Slow, controlled full range movements. I take great care in performing the three big compound lifts with good form, as I feel they are the most important lifts one can do.

EDIT: after seeing your avi, it is obvious that you need no advice from me lol, you're beast mode!

updated pic, trying to put on some lean mass.

[​IMG]

#10 Automagic, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  11. stallion16

stallion16 Well-Known Member

I was looking over your last post and it's a funny thing....visiting most internet forums, you would think that the best routines are Rippetoe's or 5x5 or some other well-known strength training routine, but despite all the hate it gets, every single impressive transformation I have seen has involved a split bodypart workout, exercising each muscle once or twice a week just as you did.

#11 stallion16, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  12. Automagic

Automagic Member

Yea, I was not attracted to the structured programs when I started researching. I'm sure they work well, but I needed to stay entertained, not just to "go through the motions."

My philosophy on it is if you want to be stronger, lift hard, lift properly, eat, and rest. You do not need Rippetoes to do that.

I kind of took a Bruce Lee approach to weight lifting (and general fitness and nutrition for that matter) as he did to martial arts...take what you can use from each art and meld it into one, discard the useless parts. Although I would be considered a novice I guess.

also, i only used protein/multivitamin/fish oil for supps. my favorite protein is gold standard whey, not advertising for them, just saying it tastes good lol.

#12 Automagic, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  13. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Great job, Automagic. Seeing you now, there is no way anyone would ever guess that you were quite a bit overweight once. You actually look like an ecto who has finally figured out how to add serious muscle. Your waist is insane. Kudos! :nod:

14. Automagic

Automagic Member

thanks!