1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend a good Whey protein

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by Sapperstang, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Sapperstang

Sapperstang Well-Known Member

Need help here. Right now I am using this stuff from Wal Mart which probably is not the best brand. Please recommend a good whey product that won't break the bank. Thanks! :D

2. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

*Looks up at sponsor bar*

All The Whey. I've been using it over a year now and it's great. 10-lbs. for $48 shipped to my door, that's about $15 cheaper than the next best protein I've found.

-R

3. Sapperstang

Thanks. Yeah I have checked out the sponser ads but I never believe the hype that most of them put in their ads. I like to get opinions from real people that have used it. All the Whey looks like my best bet however which one to choose? I see at least six different kinds there. :confused:

4. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

I think it's the blend version that I've been using. Some people will buy the isolate and utilize it in PWO and the regular whey for everything else, but I see no need to go that extra step with the gains I've made using the considerably less expensive blended whey.

-R

5. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Perhaps you should give the ATW Review Thead a gander...

#91 Well-Known Member

I just finished my 5 lbs + 8 pack sampler of All the Whey and have to say I was very pleased. The only reason I did not go back for more was because I wanted to get Dextrose and Glutamine all at once, which were not offered by ATW, and also I was curious to see how another tastes like. If I am disappointed, I will not hesitate to go back to ATW, it was certainly very good. I had the banana flavor but it looks as if that chocolate mint is the best available based on reviews.

Can someone comment on Kent's Nutrition's chocolate Whey Protein?

7. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

it's not actually kent's whey, they just supply it.
    i got it once, i'd call it "normal".

get allthewhey's chocolate mint isolate. you'll be a very happy man.

8. Hort

Hort Well-Known Member

Highly recommend All the Whey's 20/30 blend Chocolate. Mixes easily by hand in a shaker. Never makes me gassy like some. I love it.

And about the sponor bar- those with color ads/tiles above are products and sponsors that John and many of us use- he endorses them.

9. jeremya

jeremya Well-Known Member

I don't want to hijack this thread, but whats the difference between the blend and the isolate? I have been using the isolate for my PWO, but is the blend better for non work out days? I love the ATW's Orange with some soy milk.. tastes like a cream cicle shake.

-- Jeremy

10. Buddha

Buddha Well-Known Member

I just got a 5lb can of the Whey Isolate since it is on sale, and have to say the taste is great. I will probably continue to use as my main source of protein. Highly recommended.

11. vatechguy

vatechguy Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?postid=143035

This one too:
    http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=14951

The Isolate is supposidly the purest form of protein you can buy - most people are pretty happy with the response they've gotten from the blends. I go for what's cheap and effective - the blend.

12. Laura

Laura Well-Known Member

Okay - I feel the love here ....Thanks for your continued support of our products.

I would recommend that this person invest in the sampler pack at under 10.00 (we ship it free) to get a feel for our products.

Chocolate Mint has quickly become the runaway best seller but I am hoping to release a PEANUT BUTTER very soon.

Thanks.

Laura

oh and by the whey - here is a sale for this weekend for you.

5 lb jars of WPI on sale this week

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By popular demand, we are extending our sale through July 5th...
    Father's Day Special!
    Get 17% off our regular price of all 5 lb. jars of
    All the Whey™ Brand Whey Protein Isolate
    Now only $29.95 per 5 lb. jar -- any flavor

is the purest form available.
    is unsurpassed as a source of the essential
    amino acids required in the daily diet.
    Essential amino acids are the building blocks
    for healthy muscles, skin, nails and other body tissue.

• 25 grams of protein per serving • Fat free
    • Each serving has less then 1 gram of carbs

All the Whey™ Brand Whey Protein Isolate is processed using a two step process of ultra-filtration and micro-filtration. This ensures the removal of all butterfat and milk sugar (lactose). All the Whey Protein Isolate comes in 6 great tasting flavors: Chocolate, Chocolate Mint, Vanilla, Orange, Strawberry, Banana and Natural unflavored.

All the Whey™ Brand Whey Protein Isolate is a great product for people that are
    looking to build muscle mass and need more protein but not fat and carbs. :claplow:

#91 Well-Known Member

Hey Laura, I'm about to order a sampler pack just to try the Chocolate mint but it always prompts me for shipping bringing the total to $15. Is this correct or is there no shipping?

14. Sapperstang

I was just confused as to exactly which whey to get. Narrowed it down to the blend and the isolate. The isolate has more protein but less calories and is more expensive. Is that the only difference?

#14 Sapperstang, Jun 23, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  15. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

What exactly is the 20/30 mix?

16. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Laura - very cool on the sample pack! I wish other companies did this.

This means I'll be trying your product out. If Optimum and Cytosport lose me as a customer you're going to make a lot of money! hahaha :eat:

Thanks for letting us know.

-Chris

17. Laura

Laura Well-Known Member

:bow: Thanks for the support - Late next week, the new webpage will be launched and I used the questions that you guys ask for my FAQs........wait til you see it.

Laura

PS- EVERY ORDER this weekend gets a free t shirt.

drop me a line at wheystation@aol.com

18. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

How much is the shipping and handling for a 5lb jar to Alaska? Just wondering because if it turns out to be the same price as I could get it at the local GNC....

19. Laura

Laura Well-Known Member

you're right - shipping to Alaska can be expensive.....but NOT FOR YOU. You can order UP TO 15 POUNDS and still qualify for our flat rate of 5.95.

Let me know if I can help you out - all orders placed through me this weekend get the t shirt or shake bottle.

Laura :claphigh: