1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Reach Your Weightloss Goal by December 1st

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by BlueThunder, Aug 30, 2007.

1. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Well-Known Member

Hey Echo, I usually update sunday nights. I just comb through the posts and update all the changes since the last "chart post." I think it would be great if you started a new years challenge. I don't think I do a very good job keeping people motivated to post. Of course it could be that the only people who post consistently are the ones who are consistently making progress. :D

2. Azure

Azure Active Member

Around 218 right now.

Pretty happy....good results.

That running plan is doing me wonders.

3. BlueThunder

186.8 lbs. A gain of a few pounds. I think it might be from eating around 20 or so oatmeal cookies the other day. Hmmm.

4. matthewvm

matthewvm Well-Known Member

A New years challenge sounds good to me. I like being apart of this, it's one of the things that keeps me going.

I'm thinking about doing cardio twice on my non lift days. Lifting has been going pretty good for me. I've consistently increased the weight each week. I don't know if this will stall a bit while cutting? We'll see.

Hey, no more oatmeal cookies! :D

5. Mitek

Mitek Active Member

91.2 kg today. I'm not sure about the BF%: I think, my calipers start to fail on me.

6. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

i didn't check my stats so let's say they're the same:)

7. BlueThunder

Yes, oatmeal cookies are one of my greatest weaknesses!

Here is the chart.

#147 BlueThunder, Oct 29, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  8. Cam_B

Cam_B Active Member

Sorry guys, had a bad couple of weeks.
    Lazyness, binge eating and generally 'can't be botheredness' (made that word up myself !!).

Kicked myself up the butt yesterday and I'm back on it from this evening. First time back at the gym for two weeks!!!

My weight yesterday was 213lbs, so not that bad considering.

Well done you guys that have kept with it...I'm back with you now.

All the best

9. BlueThunder

Hey all,

I've been doing a lot of thinking and I've decided that I'm going to drop out of my own challenge. I've been backsliding in this challenge almost from the start. I think I need to break away from this challenge and make a fresh new attempt. I think if any of you want to continue, that you should start a new challenge. Again, sorry for bailing on you guys, but the longer I'm in this challenge looking at my goals from the beginning of september to what I've accomplished so far, the more I feel like giving up and even attempting to make progress. It sort of feels like if you cheat on your diet and think that since you already blew it you might as well make it a cheat day. Well this challenge is like a long cheat day and I'm just waiting for "tommorrow" so I can get back on the diet horse and start making progress. Heh, I wonder if that makes any sense? Anyway, good luck to you all! :nod:

10. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

i'm so glad you said that, because i've been feeling the same, and i want to drop out too. i've entered the 100 challenge and already feel more disciplined and better in general. sorry it didn't work out, but we had the best intentions, right?
    good luck in achieving your goals:)

11. Mitek

Mitek Active Member

You make perfect sense, BlueThunder. No sense in going on if you don't feel that the challenge contributes to you. It sure did to me for a while, and I'm thankful for that.

12. Echo

Echo Active Member

Perfectly understandable! I've been slipping up. I'm at 215 today.... But I will say that 6 lbs is better than no pounds lost! I'm going to start a road to new years challenge soon, but I need to spend a day or so figuring out what I want out of it. I want it to be attainable, and I want it to be something that I can get alot of people to join. Strength in numbers! Thanks everyone for the support on this challenge and (hopefully) see you on the next one!:tucool: